• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

New Leaf vs. New Horizons, which is better?

There's a lot of differences between the two, some for better and some for worse.

While New Leaf has a **** ton of references of other Nintendo franchises in it, among other things, New Horizons allows you to have a fixed perspective of what's happening in your island, you will be able to have complete control whether a villager leaves or not. There's something that is lost from New Horizons the New leaf has that I just can't put my finger on. But what's your perspective on this dilemma. Any Animal Crossing player would have an argument between which game is better. So what's your guys take on the matter?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I think New Horizons is better. I'm a huge control freak about designing stuff like the island and the randomness of old AC games where you couldn't control what the other villagers did was stressful. Like, I understand the design philosophy behind it, but still. I also understand people's complaints about the content being drip-fed in and that the villagers dont do as much as they used to, but I honestly feel like the game plays so much better than its predecessor that I don't really mind. A big part of that is how much more control you have as the player now, but also the way you decorate being updated and improved, both inside and outside, just really makes it so much more fun for me. Also appreciate the much better handling of fashion. Like... it's just a much more streamlined experience. I can't imagine going back.

I think New Horizons is better. I'm a huge control freak about designing stuff like the island and the randomness of old AC games where you couldn't control what the other villagers did was stressful. Like, I understand the design philosophy behind it, but still. I also understand people's complaints about the content being drip-fed in and that the villagers dont do as much as they used to, but I honestly feel like the game plays so much better than its predecessor that I don't really mind. A big part of that is how much more control you have as the player now, but also the way you decorate being updated and improved, both inside and outside, just really makes it so much more fun for me. Also appreciate the much better handling of fashion. Like... it's just a much more streamlined experience. I can't imagine going back.
Especially given the fact you can actually build outside of your house in New Horizons kind of makes up for the lack of as much content from the previous games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom