• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild New Idea for Central Hub in Next Game....

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Central Hubs in games like Zelda are very important my eyes they give a safe haven to the player were he can take a break from saving the world and get to know the characters and thier story's. Majors Mask was a prime example of this and by far The best hub in any Zelda game and it gave life to the characters.

In my opinion the next Zelda game for Wii U should take what Majoras Mask did best and take it to the next level! Here are some of my ideas:

*Events and behaviour of characters should vary on a 7 day cycle (week) for example on a Saturday night there could be a carnival in town Etc.
* Hub should be located in and around Hyrule Castle
* The area should contain multiple houses, shops, mingames, churches, schools, other mini areas Etc.
* There should be 3 areas in the castle town the first area should be the poorest area with most of the buildings been made out of wood, the second area should be the middle class part with most building been made out of stone and the final area will contain the richest people of the town and Hyrule Castle Ofc
* Music should be very catchy and should change from section to section
* Lots of sidequests, more unlockable as the game goes on....

These are just a few ideas and I do have the image of the castle town in my head I just cant really explain it hahah, maybe think Whiterun in Skyrim but more Zelda'ish

I really enjoy a lot of your ideas, but instead of one single hub, I'd like to see each particular 'town' have the same things going on. Zora's Domain, Goron City, Kakariko, Ordon/Lon Lon Ranch, Castle Town, and the Gerudo Mesa. This way we could see MM levels of NPC development spread throughout the world.

I love your idea and I'd like to add some notions flowing through my mind.

I believe Zelda should take inspiration from Assassin's Creed and Mass Effect in creating a believable, varied, heterogeneous world. Many titles have huge open worlds but Assassin's Creed fits closest to Zelda's with the medieval setting down to the smallest details (until AC III at least). Areas should be subject to weather conditions and changes in shops, pedestrians, etc. over a given time period as the OP mentions. A significant decision factor should also be involved. Choosing to help or leave a beggar, beating up a goon to save someone else's belonging's or lending a hand to a local shop all have their repercussions later in the narrative. If Zelda 3DS and Wii U feature a connection feature-however minor-choices from one titles should impact the other as in Mass Effect.

Nintendo has done an overall great job with improving central hubs. Skyward Sword's Skyloft was definitely a step in the right direction. My only concern is that Zelda stays true to its identity and doesn't overly try to emulate other franchises. That it likens more so to one should occur from natural evolution, not forced fan desires or perceptions that Zelda is backwards and must adapt to a changing industry.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
In_time and justacoolguy both bring up some great points. I very much agree with the ideal that the world should stick as close to the fantasy medieval setting as possible; while some degrees of technological advancement are fine, I'd much rather for everything to be primitive. At best, Zelda U should have Majora's Mask level of technology (which, I presume, was heavily magic-based along with mechanics here and there), but sprinkles of ~Spirit Tracks here and there if Nintendo so pleases.

*Events and behaviour of characters should vary on a 7 day cycle (week) for example on a Saturday night there could be a carnival in town Etc.
This is a great proposition, however, I think the 7 day cycle might be met with a negative reception if it's only applied to the "central hub" area. Why not extend this cycle to the entire world, with varying effects depending on the place? What i mean is, say we're in a desert with the 7 day cycle. Not much would happen; we're in a...desert right! But move towards, say, a forest or an ice-themed area, and spontaneous, dangerous events may hapen depending on how certain characters are acting! :D

* Hub should be located in and around Hyrule Castle
I do have an immediate problem with there being a hub, but making Hyrule Castle the hub would be a-okay provided one thing happens: it is eventually taken over via scripted event while Link is off in another part of Hyrule. It happened in Four Swords Adventures, so why not here?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
In_time and justacoolguy both bring up some great points. I very much agree with the ideal that the world should stick as close to the fantasy medieval setting as possible; while some degrees of technological advancement are fine, I'd much rather for everything to be primitive. At best, Zelda U should have Majora's Mask level of technology (which, I presume, was heavily magic-based along with mechanics here and there), but sprinkles of ~Spirit Tracks here and there if Nintendo so pleases.

This is a great proposition, however, I think the 7 day cycle might be met with a negative reception if it's only applied to the "central hub" area. Why not extend this cycle to the entire world, with varying effects depending on the place? What i mean is, say we're in a desert with the 7 day cycle. Not much would happen; we're in a...desert right! But move towards, say, a forest or an ice-themed area, and spontaneous, dangerous events may hapen depending on how certain characters are acting! :D

I do have an immediate problem with there being a hub, but making Hyrule Castle the hub would be a-okay provided one thing happens: it is eventually taken over via scripted event while Link is off in another part of Hyrule. It happened in Four Swords Adventures, so why not here?

Ye I know this is what I thought but in Twilight Princess they kept the castle town and sealed off the Castle!

Also I think the 7 day cycle applying to the world would be great but I would rather a sort of seasonal shift that runs separately from the 7 day cycle :)

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Should be more than one hub with the features you mentioned, I'm thinking that every single province we visit should contain at least one of these hubs with side quests, events, mini games etc. Then the main central hub should be in the area you were talking about, around Hyrule Castle, this city should have even more content. And yes, it should be cities instead of just villages IMO. The Wii U is more than capable of having a world at least half the size of Skyrim or Assassin's Creed and having giant side quest hubs.

I love your idea of a 7 day cycle, dynamic events are my favorite events of any game. These are events that will happen at a certain time, doesn't matter if you are there or not and can lead to different outcomes depending on how you choose to act. However instead of having a 7 day cycle which I think would be tedious, I'd rather have just a regular calender. This means that on for instance the night on 17th of April there would be a big Gerudo pirate attack on Castle Town and we could choose to either help them or do something else while this event is happening, just like in MM where we could choose whether or not to help the ranch with the aliens.

Deeds

no text
I like your idea, and agree that the music should be incredible - just like other zelda games. I'm getting scared, that, because it's a new 'HD' Console, Nintendo will focus more on the visuals. As much as I'd love the visuals to be good, I don't want them to only focus on them and leave out other vital parts, for me, like the soundtrack. Good ideas though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom