• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler New Art Reveals Two Upgraded Bows and Late Game Villian

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
Nobody's seems to have brought this up so I will: if the Hero's Bow from TP is the non-upgraded version (because the design is the exact same) what happened to the bow after upgrading it? Did it downgrade or something prior to the events of TP, or is Link's bow different there?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Nobody's seems to have brought this up so I will: if the Hero's Bow from TP is the non-upgraded version (because the design is the exact same) what happened to the bow after upgrading it? Did it downgrade or something prior to the events of TP, or is Link's bow different there?

Upgrades are a gameplay element and don't play into the canon.

A

Andrew.DiMarco

There is still the issue of those other villains that have been rumored, the other 5 or 6 of them. I don't know about them personally, so if anyone knows where that information came from, please share.

I have a hard time not thinking of that guy as not having a direction connection to the Imprisoned creature, but I agree that Nintendo, considering how strict the embargoes usually are, would just release artwork of the last "big bad" of the game. Then again, no one knows. We'll find out in a few long days, which is exciting enough. From what I've heard, Nintendo is trying to close up a lot of the logical gaps in the over-arching story of LOZ, so it's certainly possible that the character they showed off could very well be the head of the Dark Interlopers, some precursor to Ganon, or really anything, but certainly, something important.

Vibed

must read before he posts
His tribe is never called the Demon Tribe. That's just the title for them on the Zelda Dungeon Skyward Sword Characters page. They're the Dark Tribe from FSA and the "dark interlopers" mentioned in Twilight Princess. And, again, even if it was called the Demon Tribe, the word demon in Japanese can mean many things besides what we call a demon. I can't stress that enough.

Now, moving on. If Ghirahim is a Sheikah, then that would explain the similarites of pale skin and white hair between him and OoT Impa. Ghirahim's lived for generations. If he has pale skin and white hair due to that, that would explain why Impa is like that (a retcon explanation). If he's a Sheikah, then he's a human. This would also mean the Sheikah have extremely long life spans. Just a theory for now, but a valid one.
Not only is JohnFC right about the whole official translation thing, but you said he was never called a demon. Then when you find he was, you change argument to somehow negate the fact he was outright called that.

It's ridiculous.

EDIT: This isn't an insult. I'm not trying to insult anybody, I just find this reasoning rather odd.

Last edited:

Vibed

must read before he posts
What are you talking about? I never changed my argument at all. I said the exact same thing. That the word "demon" is highly ambiguous in Japanese.
This isn't Japanese though, this is an official English translation. Obviously, NOA would've looked over the whole game and made sure there was proper continuity within the game itself.

By change the argument, I more so mean diverting it. Again JohnFC mentioned Ghirahim's quote, "I am the demon who presides over this land you look down upon...The surface." to be specific. You then divert it saying things along the lines of, "Oh, well, demon means a lot of things in Japanese, so I still disagree."

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
This isn't Japanese though, this is an official English translation. Obviously, NOA would've looked over the whole game and made sure there was proper continuity within the game itself.

By change the argument, I more so mean diverting it. Again JohnFC mentioned Ghirahim's quote, "I am the demon who presides over this land you look down upon...The surface." to be specific. You then divert it saying things along the lines of, "Oh, well, demon means a lot of things in Japanese, so I still disagree."

*sigh* I see this is going nowhere.

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel

Isn't that being a little too ignorant. Considering the story, yes the upgrades don't play much into the storyline, but, since this is the player's story and the entire game world comes up to the player (that's why Link was called Link), the upgrading of the Hero's Bow is important to the way that specific player's story is told (and the addition of upgrades is to make each player's story unique). With that in mind, why is the Hero's Bow different and looks downgraded from SS to TP.

Also, to comment on the whole "Demon Lord" thing, that term could be interpreted two different ways (I'm assuming "Demon Lord" is what it truly is and is the official NOA translation, not some mistranslated Japanese text).
1) Demon Lord could mean that Ghirahim is the "Lord of the Demons" and is basically a main villain
2) Demon Lord could mean that Ghirahim is a "Lord that is a Demon", which means he has less power than interpretation one and is basically a powerful person, but not a real main guy.
Either way, he's gonna be a villain, and will have something to do with the demons (obviously).

Last edited:

Zorth

#Scoundrel
His tribe is never called the Demon Tribe. That's just the title for them on the Zelda Dungeon Skyward Sword Characters page. They're the Dark Tribe from FSA and the "dark interlopers" mentioned in Twilight Princess. And, again, even if it was called the Demon Tribe, the word demon in Japanese can mean many things besides what we call a demon. I can't stress that enough.

1. When was it stated that it was the dark interlopers?.. :huh:
2. And we are talking about official translation, I don't think NOA would let something like the word "Demon" slip, something that defines teh character.

Now, moving on. If Ghirahim is a Sheikah, then that would explain the similarites of pale skin and white hair between him and OoT Impa. Ghirahim's lived for generations. If he has pale skin and white hair due to that, that would explain why Impa is like that (a retcon explanation). If he's a Sheikah, then he's a human. This would also mean the Sheikah have extremely long life spans. Just a theory for now, but a valid one.

And I forgot to mention that he does state that he is a demon.. "I am the Demon that watches over this land.." something like that, I don't remember exactly but I'm 100% positive that he said "I am the demon that...blablabla". It seems like you are a little ignnorant to make your theory about the Sheikah make sense.

..OR I could be totally wrong and then in the end you'll say 2I told you so..".. which sadly many people in my life have done :'(

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
About the bows, anyone suppose the golden colored one is the one that has the rumored "wing" arrows, the arrows that don't have any arch any go completely straight?

Sounds like the Kid Icarus arrows from SSBB, the blue arrow-shaped ones that is not affected by gravity and could be turned into whichever direction the player wants

Crono

Hylian Rebel

Except in Skyward Sword as a lot of the elements in this game is about upgrading your equipment. Items such as the Master Sword and Hylian Shield are upgrades and they are canon to the story. But yes a lot of other items are merely for gameplay and not connected to the story.

Also, the winged bow reminds me of the one Zelda wields in Twilight Princess.

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
Except in Skyward Sword as a lot of the elements in this game is about upgrading your equipment. Items such as the Master Sword and Hylian Shield are upgrades and they are canon to the story. But yes a lot of other items are merely for gameplay and not connected to the story.

Also, the winged bow reminds me of the one Zelda wields in Twilight Princess.

I never thought about that, but upon closer inspection, the one Zelda wields is based on the light spirits designs while the winged bow is based on, well, wings.

On the first part of your comment, I agree. Exactly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom