• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Need Help Buying a Wii!

Wow thanks guys! Lots of great info coming in on here. Well I have internet hooked up in my house, so that's not a problem. I've used friends' Xbox Live in my house and it works fine. I just need to start looking for all this stuff. I'm hoping to at least own WW and TP before SS comes out, and hopefully beat at least one of them. This would also work GREAT for the N64 games, since my N64 that I bought recently freezes like all the time. I can't even play MM just because of way the game saves, I can never get anything done :/ Do I need a gamecube controller to play WW though? Doesn't the Wii have a controller that I can use, the way you can use a Gamecube controller on N64 games? And do I need a Gamecube memory card, because I thought the Wii had an internal memory storage system like the other consoles? Thanks again for all the tips so far!

Also, a little P.S. for February Eve: I live in Vegas which basically has no weather. We get about three decent lightning storms a year, so I'm not too worried about a power outage haha. Thanks for the tip though!

Also, if you have the Gamecube version of TP, then you need a memory card and Gamecube remote too, but if you have the Wii version, than all you need is one Wiimote, which comes with a Wii. Both TWW and TP are singleplayer, so if you are not planning on buying anything else, then there is no point in getting a second Wiimote/Nunchuck/WM+ unless ZSS is multiplayer and you plan on playing with someone else.

Well I assumed they're one player since all the other games are. I guess it's not too bad to get that stuff since WW looks REALLY awesome haha. And who knows, maybe I'll find some other GC games I like to fill up the memory card space. Is there a difference between GC and Wii versions of TP? Is there one any of you would prefer over the other?

TP on the Wii does not require a memory card, and the only other difference is that everything in the Wii version is mirrored, so it fits the rightie thing. For example, in the GC version Gerudo Messa is west and Kakariko is East, in the Wii version, it is the other way around. Besides that, there is no other differences. If you are a leftie, then get the GC version, otherwise get the Wii Version because their motion controls really get you into the game.

They have motion controls for TP? How does that work? I though SS was going to be the first to do that?
The motion controls in the Wii version of Twilight Princess are very minor and did not need to use Wii Motion Plus like Skyward Sword is supposed to. Shaking the Wii Remote will make Link swing his sword, the Nunchuk is for your Spin Attacks. Use the pointer to aim with the other weapons in Link's inventory.

I've been checking Walmart, Target, and Gamestop (online) and I can't seem to find any Wii packages for less than $140. This is usually without WMP, and also comes with some sports games which I have no interest in ever playing.... are there any Wii packages that don't come with this Wii Sports game? Is there a way I can buy just the console? Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places..

I've been checking Walmart, Target, and Gamestop (online) and I can't seem to find any Wii packages for less than $140. This is usually without WMP, and also comes with some sports games which I have no interest in ever playing.... are there any Wii packages that don't come with this Wii Sports game? Is there a way I can buy just the console? Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places..
That's probably because the set price for a new Wii is $199. I don't know how much a used one would be. All new Wiis come with Wii Sports and it probably goes the same with any used Wiis. If you don't want Wii Sports, you might be able to sell it back at a GameStop or somewhere else.

As I said, the low price was not confirmed. The Wii Sports game is actualy one of the best Wii games. You will get iddicted to boaling and it is a great game for families. But if you do not want it, then you can always put it on Ebay or Craig's List. Also, you should take this into consideration. Lets say Target sells it with a Wiimote and a Nunchuck, Gamestop has a WM+ but not Nunchuck, and Walmart has both. I am not confirming that, but also check what they come with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom