• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Naraknor

This is my first story posted on ZD. Hope you like it!

Wanna sign up to have your character in the story? Go here!http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?22586-Naraknor-Sign-ups

Chapter 1
In a world far from our own, there lies a kingdom, vaster the any kingdom ever chronicled in our history. This land going simply by the name of the Great Kingdom was a land of peace, and prosperity. The inhabitants of this glorious land knew nothing of war or violence. All was well, and it seemed that this state of serenity would last forever.
But, as anyone can tell you, nothing lasts forever.

"There it is master, the Great Kingdom." said the smaller of the two figures. They were perched on a rocky hill, just outside the outskirts of the kingdom. The outskirts were a desolate place, filled with nothing but misfortune.
One of the figures wore blackish and wispy robes, while the bigger one of the two wore thick armor.
"And at the center lies the Citadel, home of the king." replied the bigger one, referring to the huge tower lying in *the center of the largest city of the kingdom.
"What is our next move?" asked the smaller one.
"We kill the King." replied the bigger one with a smirk.

Serris never lived in a big city or town. No, he preferred to reside among the hills and the forests outside the village of Pyrola. There was his sanctuary, his haven, his home. To the young sixteen-year-old, there was nothing more beautiful than that sea of green, stretching over valleys and mountains, all untouched by man. His favorite spot was right on the edge of the forest, where the ground went into a steep incline and he could get a sweeping view of the landscape. There, he really felt on top of the world.

"Serris! Serris!" yelled a voice coming from the village. 'What now?' He thought. He really hated being disturbed when he was resting in this sacred spot. It was Katherine, one of his friends from the village. Her long brown hair was whipping behind her as she ran, and she was wearing a white gown, and her face was covered in tears. This surprised Serris. Normally she was so happy, if Katherine was crying like that, then something must be terribly wrong.
"What? What happened?" Demanded Serris.
“These-these people- they were wearing this terrible black armor - destroyed everything! They just went and burned everything, and for no reason too!" Katherine was gasping rapidly, and was shaking violently.
"Whoa," said Serris calmly. "Someone attacked the village? Who would do something like that? We have no quarrel with anyone!"
“They only said that- that they serve Naraknor. Who-who is that?"
At that moment Serris' face went white and his heart pounded hard. How could this be? Serris had only heard whispers of the cursed one called Naraknor. Allegedly, he was an overlord of a distant land, far from the outskirts of the Great Kingdom. Few have heard his name and even fewer dare speak it. According to legend, Naraknor is more vile and terrible than the devil himself, and he was here, in the village!

"Oh no." gasped Serris.
"What? Do you know him?" asked Katherine.
"Katherine, get out of here, now! Do not go back to the village. Go as far as you can from this place, do you hear me?" Serris said, as he ran towards the village.
"But-"
"Go! Now!"
As Serris reached the village, he saw the damage done. Houses charred and burned, people fleeing, and fire, everywhere. The only glimpse that he could get of the attackers was a small group of brutes, clad in wicked black armor, heading towards the Citadel.

Chapter 2
Serris never ran faster in his whole life. He knew that he needed to follow the attackers, but he wouldn't stand a chance unarmed. Back at his house he had an arsenal of blades, and if he could just go get a few, then maybe he could bring vengeance to the men of Naraknor. When he arrived at his home, Katherine was still there.
"Serris, what are you going to do?" she called, as Serris blasted into his house.
"I told you to get away from here!" Serris yelled from inside the house as he put on a belt with pockets for daggers. As he placed a couple of daggers into the belt, Katherine called from outside; "What are you doing? You're not going to go after them, are you?"
Finally Serris located and put on the sheath that housed his sword. Serris wasn't a master swordsman, but he at least knew how to operate a blade.
"What I do is none of your business." He said as he walked out of the house. "What you need to do is get out of here." Serris then mounted the horse standing near his house, and rode off into the bigger city of Angorah.

But Naraknor was almost at the Citadel. In fact he was only a couple days away. He and his apprentice Terif were simply walking straight to it.
"Master, I have received word that a group of your soldiers have destroyed a town near the outskirts. Did you order this?" demanded Terif, the smaller of the two.
Naraknor stopped in his tracks and had a furious look on his face. "Of course not you fool! This was obviously their choice. They are drawing too much attention to us."
Terif looked frightened. "What are you going to do, Master?"
"You will be punishing these idiots. Go, find them, and kill them. Meet me in the city of Citren. Then we can execute the final step of the plan." said Naraknor, continuing his route to Citren, and the Citadel.

Serris rode blindly, for he had lost sight of the attackers. He knew that they were heading into the heart of the kingdom, near the Citadel, that he had a feeling of. But all he could see was endless green fields, stretching as far as the eyes could see. It was a very hot day, with the sun beating down on Serris and his horse. The cloak he was wearing made him stuffy, but the hood helped shield his face, and it hid his weapons, with the exception of the sword, hung by his waist.
"C'mon," he muttered under his breath. "Where did they go?" It seemed that those dark men had simply vanished into thin air, but the appearance of a silhouette of a town gave him a clue to their whereabouts.
"This is the only settlement for miles. That must be where those men went." And with that, he sped into the city.

Serris never been in a populated place much, and this town huge. Serris had never been so lost. It seemed impossible to find even a group of brutes like the one he was looking for. After scouring the town for the attackers to no avail, he finally gave up.
"Where are they? I can't believe they just got away like that..." But then and idea stuck him. "Of course! I'll never find anything unless I get some information." He pondered. His gaze then was directed to a pub at the corner of the street. "That looks like a good place to start." he thought.

Entering the pub was a change of atmosphere. While the town outside was a bustling busy marketplace, the pub had only a few people in it. There were a couple of big guys talking in the corner, an old man reading a book on a bench and a passed out drunkard on the floor. Serris didn't think that any of these people would know anything about Naraknor at all, so he simply took a seat by the bar.
"Whadda have?" mumbled the bartender. It seemed that he was drinking as well, for he seemed very disoriented.
"Uh, just a water, thanks." said Serris, as he pondered his situation. He couldn't go back, Pyrola was probably claimed by Naraknor now. But what was he going to do?

At that moment a young girl walked into the pub. She was barefoot, was wearing short blue dress and most chilling of all, her eyes were two different colors.
"Who is that?" thought Serris. "She can't more than 13. She can't possibly be allowed in a bar. Then again, I'm probably not allowed in a bar either."
She casually walked over to the bar and sat down next to Serris. She seemed like she'd been through a lot, judging by the horrid scar on her leg.
"I don't know, but I think she knows something about Naraknor." Serris thought. Then he said, "Nice necklace," referring to the topaz jeweled necklace around her neck.
"Heh, thanks," she said, with a chuckle. 'It's all I could salvage when my village burned down."
Serris' eyes lightened up. Did Naraknor have anything to do with that?
"Really?" he said. "What happened?"
"I'm not sure." she said. "I was pretty young when it happened."
"Right. I'm Serris."
"Rya Esme."
Serris figured now would be the right time to ask her. "Would you know anything about Naraknor?"
Rya's face brightened up and she smiled. "You're looking for him too, huh?"
"Yeah. Well, some of his men at least. Why are you going after him?"
"I found out he was heading for the Citadel a week ago. I heard of the things that he's done, and I knew that he's planning something terrible." She said. "I'm going to see what he's up to."
"Oh. Well some of his men attacked the village I lived by. I'm just trying to find them."
Rya's gaze shifted to the window. "You mean those guys?"
Serris' heart jolted. "Damn!" he cursed, as he pulled a dagger from out of his cloak.
"Wait!" Rya said, putting a hand on Serris' shoulder. "I'll help."
She readied the bow that was on her back, and followed Serris’ lead.

Serris charged through the pub door, and leaped on one of the brute's back. He struggled and yelled, while Serris searched for an opening in his armor.
"Gotcha!" he said when he found one, and plunged his dagger in the brute. The solder fell, but by now his comrades had all seen, and drew their weapons.
"Maybe I should've thought that through more." Admitted Serris as a brute with an ax raised his weapon for the kill. Serris though this was the end, but in mid-swing, Serris felt a gust of wind above his head, and three or more arrows were lodged in the solder's helmet. Serris looked back and saw Rya smiling with a bow in hand.
"Heh, thanks." said Serris as he draw his sword. The two proceeded to fight against the remaining brutes, Serris using his sword and Rya using her bow and arrows. After he killed what he thought was the last soldier, Serris heard a scream from behind him.
"Rya!" he yelled, as he saw a brute that he must've overlooked, grab Rya by the throat.
"Serris!" she yelled as she tried to stab the brute desperately with an arrow, "Help me!" The brute then slammed Rya against a building, knocking her out cold.
Serris raised his sword in anger, and ran towards the brute with all his might.
"ARRRGGGGGG-" Serris stopped as the brute knee d him in the stomach, grabbed his sword of his hands and kicked him away. The sword was like a knife in his huge hands, and he prepared to drive it through Serris' chest.
"No," Serris gasped, "No..."
Serris was in intense pain, and all he could see was the gleam of his own sword above him.
For the first time, the brute spoke. His voice was deep and booming, it sent fear through Serris’ soul. "This is what happens to those who defy Narakno-"
He fell in mid-sentence, and Serris could only see a black clothed figure that looked like death himself standing over his body.
"Idiot." he growled as he walked away. Who was that person? Whoever he was, he couldn't be all that bad.
"Wait!" Serris said as he struggled up to his feet. "Who-?"
But he was gone.
Serris could see Rya stirring over by the building.
"You alright?" Serris asked.
"Yeah, sure." She gasped. "Who was that guy?"
"I don't know. But we're going to follow him."

Last edited:

Keyari

翼のエルフ
Yay! The story is up~

Great job so far, I really like where this is going. I also can't wait till my character comes in! ^^

Great job, keep it up!
~Ki

This one's also a bit long, but oh well. Enjoy!

Chapter 3
“That man…we need to follow him!” said Serris as he scrambled to his feet. “He probably knows something about Naraknor and his plan if he’s going around killing his men!” He scurried around, picking up any of his spent daggers, looking very anxious.
“Wait, so you’re going after Naraknor now? You said you were just trying to find the ones that attacked your village!” Said Rya, slumped against a wall, beat up badly but healing quickly.
“C’mon, you can’t expect me to just turn my back against all that he’s planning to do!” Serris said looking back at Rya. “We’re following that man.”
“Right...right.” agreed Rya, rising to her feet. The sun was setting, and people would soon see all the dead bodies left at their feet. “I’m feeling a bit better. Let’s go.”

It was now evening and the two fighters were still following the strange man’s trail. He was so mysterious, with his black robes and face hidden under dark rags.
“I saw him go towards the Citadel,” Said Rya. “Maybe he’s trying to stop Naraknor too!”
“Yeah, maybe he is,” said Serris. The two were traveling side by side, Serris on his horse, Rya, walking beside him. The sun’s heat had died down, and clouds were rolling in from the north. The two were following the only pathway to the Citadel, one set in a dry field, with dried grass and infertile soil. It wasn’t a pleasant place to be, and it made Serris wish he was back home, among the lush forest near his home. But he knew that he needed to continue on his quest, or else there might be no home to go back to.
“Hey, Serris,” said Rya, breaking Serris out of his deep thinking.
“Yeah?” He replied.
“Where did you come from?”
Serris looked up at the sky, thinking once again about his home.
“Near the village of Pyrola.” He said fondly.
“Never heard of it.”
“I didn’t think you would, it’s pretty remote. Near the huge forest by the outskirts.”
“I think I’ve heard of the forest, but not the village. Is it nice there?”
Serris smiled. “Yeah. It really is. Peaceful, I have some good friends there…”
But he remembered something. What became of his friends? He told Katherine to seek shelter, but how did he know that she found by now? The thought was unsettling….but he couldn’t be distracted by that now. He needed to find that man.

“Here we are,” said Rya. “The City of Redari.”
“You think he’s here?” asked Serris.
“Maybe. Let’s go.”
This town was bigger than the last one the two were in, but it was defiantly less crowded. There wasn’t a person in sight, the entire town was abandoned. Here the dead grass turned to sand, and beyond this ghost town was a massive desert.
“Wow,” remarked Serris, looking for any signs of life. “What happened here?”
“I don’t really know too well,” said Rya, trying to remember. “I think it was raided, or something.”
“How can one raid wipe out an entire town?” said Serris, puzzled. “Who could be that powerful?”
“An army of Naraknor’s brutes?” said Rya, peering through a shop window.
“You think so?”
“I know so. Look here.” Rya beckoned for Serris to look through the window.
Inside was something that Serris couldn't believe. Two brutes, plus a couple smaller, lighter armored soldiers were all gathered in the shop, listening to a person that Serris had only seen a glimpse of.
“That's that man!” Serris whispered.
“Why is just giving orders to other brutes? I thought he was on our side!” Said Rya, shocked.
“Naraknor has known to kill his own men when they disobey him. Maybe that brute did something against Naraknor’s wishes?”
“I guess. What do you think they're talking about?”
“Probably something important. I think I’m going to go find out.”
Rya nearly jumped. “What? If they see you, they’ll kill you!”
“We can’t afford to pass up any information on Naraknor’s plan. We need to know what we’re up against.” Serris said, as he snuck to the back of the shop.
“I’m going to regret this,” sighed Rya as she followed suit.
Just as Serris hoped, there was a back door. But when we proceeded to open it, it was locked.
“Of course. “He muttered.
“Hold on, let me try,” said Rya, as she approached the door with two arrows in hand. After a few minutes, she breathed a sigh, and a satisfying ‘click’ came from the door. Serris was amazed.
“How did you do that?” he said, proceeding in the door.
Rya laughed and said, “It’s an old trick I learned.”
“Remember to teach me,” replied Serris, peering into the darkness. What he saw inside was a long, dark corridor, with a faint light at the end. This light must’ve been the front of the shop, for Serris heard faint voices coming in that direction.
“Keep quiet, follow me, and keep your bow ready.” whispered Serris to Rya. She nodded.

The two proceeded to silently cross the hallway, staying in the darkness, listening intently. Serris’ heart was pounding. Situations like this always made him nervous. But he had to keep his cool, because he and Rya were still badly beaten from their last battle. If they were caught, Serris wasn’t sure if they’d be so lucky this time.
“Stop here,” whispered Serris, when they were about half way through the hall way. Here, they could hear the en at the front of the store almost perfectly.

“But why Terif?” argued a deep voice from the other room. This was mostly likely one of the brutes. “Why did you kill them?”
“They nearly compromised our position. We cannot afford idiots like them to continue serving us.” replied Terif. He had a snarling, commanding voice, which was the same voice that came from the man who saved Serris and Rya.
“But-“said the brute, but was interrupted by Terif.
“Don’t make me kill you. Other than our king, I have the highest authority in this army. If I want to kill you, I will.”
“Yes, master.”

Terif turned his attention to another soldier, one of the smaller scouts. “Now what of this little troublemaker? What did she do?”
The scout’s voice was less deep then the brutes. “Uh, yes sir. We caught her stealing from our reserves.” He mentioned to and unseen object in the corner. “She says that she has no family, and that she’s simply trying to survive.”
“Hah!” scoffed Terif. He made a motion, and a person was pushed forward. This must be the girl that they were talking about. She seemed the same age as Serris, and was a bit shorter. She had long curly blonde hair, and golden eyes. She looked terrified. Terif leaned over and looked at her eye to eye.
“So you say that you’re only trying to survive?”
The girl fearfully nodded.
“Do think I believe that?” yelled the ghostly figure. “You dirty little liar! Do you know who I am?”
She said nothing.
Serris knew what was going to happen. “Rya, cover me. I’m going in.”
“What?!” said Rya in disbelief.
“Aim for Terif.”
“I-alright.” She said as she reached for an arrow.
Terif stood upright, and pulled out a wicked dagger the size of his fore-arm. Now was the time.

Serris ran forward, ready to attack. Rya fired an arrow, but Terif simply swatted it away with the knife.
“How can anyone do that?” wondered Serris in amazement. But he kept running through that hall. Terif was his first target. Serris leaped over the brute and went in for the kill. But Terif saw this coming. He caught Serris’ arm and flipped him through the window. Serris was badly injured now, but adrenaline kept him going. Swipe after swipe, he kept attacking Terif with his dagger, but Terif simply blocked each one effortlessly.
”Oh, It’s the little boy from Pyrola,” he said, with a bored look on his face. “Do you have a death wish, my friend?”
“Shut up!” Serris shot back. Out of the corner of his eye, he could see Rya finishing off the last scout, with a sword that Serris had never seen before. She had it easy, compared to Terif’s impressive skill.
“You know what? I really don’t feel like finishing this fight,” Said Terif. “I’ll see you later, little boy.”
And with that, he spun around, and using his momentum, he elbowed Serris in the face, knocking him out cold.

Serris awoke with the blonde girl tending to his wounds.
“Oh, hi!” she said cheerfully. “Um, you were scratched up pretty badly-“
“Yeah, I felt it.”
“Oh. Yeah. Hey, thanks for saving me back there.”
“Don’t mention it. Where’s Rya?” Serris said, getting up.
“She’s outside.’
“Thanks. By the way, I’m Serris.”
“I’m Malura.” She said, smiling.
Serris limped outside, meeting Rya. She was outside the shop, looking in the direction of the Citadel.
“He’s gone again?” asked Serris.
“Yeah,” Rya replied.
“We’re going to the Citadel. That’s where Naraknor’s going. He’s going to kill the King.” Said Serris, turning his gaze to the massive tower in the distance.
Rya nodded. “Right. We’re leaving tomorrow.”

Last edited:
This one alot shorter, but I might post another one up tommorow.

Chapter 4
"You want to come with us?" said Serris to Malura. They were just going to leave the deserted town, and were about to cross the desert that lay ahead.
"Yes!" she said with an egear smile on her face. "I really want to come with you! I mean, I have to get out of here, and I can't just go on my own. And you were so great against that Terif guy..."
Serris felt a little glow inside. He had never been called an exellent fighter, but he always somewhat want to go out into the world and fight evil. But he had always pushed that dream away, because back then, he was only a kid living in the middle of nowhere. Now, however, he had the chance to really bring justace to the world.
"You know what, Malura? Alright. You can come along with us." Serrris said with a smile. "Did the brutes take anything of yours that you might want back?"
Malura's face lit up as she remembered something. "Oh yeah! I'll be right back." she said, as she ran back into the shop.
Rya had walked over to Serris after scoping out the terrian. "She's really taken a liking to you, hasen't she?" She said with a sly smile.
"What?" replyed Serris, surprised. "I never noticed." Rya laughed.

A couple minutes later, Malura came out with a bow and quiver, and a strange harp. It had gold wrappings aroung it, and a jewel near the bottom.
"What's that?" asked Serris, as the trio resumed the journey.
"Oh! It's a harp I found a while ago." Malura said, looking at the strange harp. "It's pretty out-of-tune, but..I just felt that I should keep it." She plucked a couple notes. They were out-of-tune, yes, but even distorted, the sounds had an uplisting feel to it, like it was healing your soul.
"Wow.." said Serris. "That sounds..."
"Yeah, I know," said Malura, who stopped playing the strange harp. "It's just something that felt good to carry around, you know?"

After a while, the desert began sporting rocks. Here huge mountains could be seen, with caves in them travalling deep into the earth's surface. But as the mountains appeared, so did a sand storm.
"Wow," remarked Rya, trying to sheild her face from the sand. "We better find some shelter fast, or we'll die out here!"
Serris had covered his face with a rag, and Malura simply hid behind him, for Serris sheildy the wind for her. "Hey look there!" yelled Malura, trying to be heard over the wind. "That cave! We could hide in there!"
"Good idea," Serris replyed. "Let's go."
Inside was very unusual. It looked like someone lived in there at one point, for there was food piled into a corner, chothes pileled neatly in another.
"Weird." said Rya. "Looks a human lived here before."
"I still am," said a voice from behind them. When Serris turned around, he was surprised to find a 13 yaer old pointing an arrow at him. He was wearing a silver tunic, with what appeared to be chainmail underneath. He had dark blonde hair, and wore a furious expression on his face.
"Whoa whoa whoa," said Serris, with his hands up. "We just need to stay somewhere until the storm dies down."
"What if you're one of those dark knights?" the boy said, his gaze fixed on Serris.
"Dark Knights? Oh, you mean Naraknor's men. Don't worry, were defanatly not one of them."
The boy sid nothing but lowered his bow.
"I'm Rya Esme," said Rya. The boy seem to like Rya alot more then he liked Serris, because he quikly warmed up and introduced himself. "Elliot Tenkris," he said grinning.

Any feedback, suggestions? Leave a comment!

Here's another chapter. Hope you enjoy. Please leave a comment! It's a bit discouraging when no one comments or gives constructive criticism when a new chapter is posted. But oh well. Here you go!

Chapter 5

Elliot, Serris, Rya and Malura all settled down around a makeshift bonfire that Elliot made. Elliot seemed to dislike Serris and disregards Malura, but he really had taken an interest in Rya.
“Your village was completely burned down? What happened?” he said to Rya.
“I don’t really know. It was a couple of years ago, I just ran away as far as I could. I taught myself how to fight, and now I just travel around.” Rya responded.
“Is that where you got that scar?” Elliot asked, looking as the nasty mark on her leg.
“Yeah. It really hurt when I tried to walk back then, but I can barely feel it now.”

Rya and Elliot continued to talk while Serris sharpened his dagger over in a corner, Malura with him. Malura was sitting cross-legged, looking down at the ground, looking somewhat sad. Serris’ face had no expression, he just continued his work. Finally, he looked up at Malura. “Where did you say you needed to go?” he asked.
“Any town or city. My parents were killed in a fire, and I was left one someone’s doorstep as a baby.” Her expression was getting sadder by the minute. “The people that took me in were terrible. They didn’t want a daughter; they only kept me to help on the farm. They screamed at me if I did something wrong. I hated it. One day, I had enough, and I just left. I doubt they ever looked for me. They never cared about me.” Malura’s eyes were swelling up with tears, and Serris saw that she was hurting. “They sound horrible,” said Serris. “But you don’t need to dwell over them. They’re gone now. You don’t have to deal with them anymore.” Malura seemed to calm down, but she didn’t say another word.

It was now night time, and the storm seemed to be dying down a bit. Malura was sleeping in a corner, and Rya was almost asleep. Serris was just finishing tending to his equipment, and Elliot was simply sitting near a fire. When the last of Serris’ daggers were cleaned and sharpened, he turned to Elliot.
“You mentioned Naraknor’s knights. What do you know of them?”
Elliot looked at Serris. “I’ve seen them when they go to town. They steal and kill people. I hate them. What’s it to you?”
“Me and Rya are going to kill him. He wants to assassinate the king, so we need to stop them.”
“What about that girl you always talk to?”
“Malura? She wanted to come along. I don’t know how long she’ll be with us; she says she’s going to leave at the next town. But my point is we could always use an extra blade. Do you want to help us?”
Elliot pondered over this for a while. Then he replied; “Alright. I have a friend in Tirani, It’s just up ahead.” He lied down and was going to go to sleep. “She can help us. She’s a bit strange though,”
“How so?” asked Serris.
“She has a monkey tail.” He said with a grin as he drifted off to sleep.

The five friends arrived at the next town in the morning. This town was the same size as the first one Serris visited, but was blazing hot and had sand everywhere. Serris was used to this, for Pyrola was hot in the summer.
“Here she is,” said Elliot, stopping at a smallish house. “Rya and I will go get her,” The two walked into the house.
Malura looked at Serris, having the same look of sadness that she showed in the cave yesterday. “I guess this is where I leave,” she said. Serris couldn’t help but feel sad as well. They had only spent a short time together, but she felt like a best friend to him. “Yeah. I’ll see you.’
“Maybe we’ll see each other again, I’m always travelling.”
“Maybe we will.” Serris then remembered something. “Oh yeah, you know that harp you have?”
“Yeah?”
“Hold onto it. I have a feeling that it has a pretty important meaning to it.”
She smiled. “I will. Bye Serris.”
“Bye, Malura.” He waved as she walked away, disappearing into the crowd. Serris didn’t know why, but he knew that he would be seeing her again.

As Serris watched her leave, a crash came from inside Elliot’s friend’s house. At first he thought that they were being attacked, but then Serris listened closer.
“Gah! What is that!” yelled a voice that Serris recognized as Rya.
“Dammit! Not you again!” yelled Elliot’s voice. “Starlight, what is she doing here?”
The voice that must’ve been Starlight laughed. “I don’t know! She just showed up!”
At that moment the door slammed open and a strange cat-like creature ran out, holding Elliot’s bow, with Elliot in pursuit. The cat-like creature was white, had a kind of tail blade, and had wings. She was laughing heavily. Serris had a feeling that this creature and Elliot had met before.
Rya walked out, followed by a tanned skinned girl in a blue gi. This must’ve been the girl that Elliot was talking about, for she indeed had a monkey tail. She seemed very amused at Elliot’s predicament.
“All right,” she said, calming down. “Starshadow, drop the bow.”
“Fine!” said Starshadow, throwing the bow over Elliot’s head. “It’s not my fault he’s so easy to trick.”
Elliot noticed Serris, and remembered why they were here.
“Oh! Right! Serris, this is Starlight.” He said, gesturing to Starlight. “She’s a martial artist. Goes around looking for tournament,”
Serris and Starlight greeted each other, and then Serris turned his attention to the one called Starshadow. “And this guy?”
“This guy is Starshadow. She always comes by my cave and steals my food,” Elliot said with contempt. Starshadow smiled a sharp toothed grin. “Now get out of here,” he said.
“Alright, alright,” she said. “But don’t think you won’t see me again!” she said smiling.
“Bye, Starshadow,” said Starlight. It seemed the two were good friends, but the same couldn’t be said for Elliot.
“What is that thing, Elliot?” asked Serris.
“I don’t know. She says that she was a cat at one point, and was mutated by a fairy,” he said, shrugging. “She’s a hell of a fighter though; it’s always good to have her on your side in a fight.”

The three then continued on their journey to the Citadel. Starlight was much more friendly to Serris than Elliot was, but Elliot did seem to warm to Serris after a while. The three were now discussing the harp that Malura had.
“Wait, what did it look like?” asked Starlight.
“Gold had a jewel in the middle. I’m not sure, but when she played it, everything seemed to feel better.” Replied Serris.
“I’ve heard of a harp like that.” Replied Starlight. “It’s called the Harp of Souls, and it is said that the proper song is need to open a temple somewhere.”
“What temple?” asked Rya.
“I can’t remember the name, but I think it holds an ancient sword.”
“Well then it can’t be of any use to us.” Said Elliot. “If it’s ancient, then it’s probably broken or something.”
“I don’t think so, this sword was supposed to house some kind of magical power.” Said Starlight.

The others soon changed the subject, but the idea of this mystical sword had Serris wondering. If Naraknor wanted to kill the king and take over his throne, he would probably want a magical sword too. If it was real, and he got his hands on it, then there would really be no hope. But Naraknor hadn’t even killed the king yet, and if they got to Naraknor first, then they wouldn’t need to find that sword.

But Serris’ company wasn’t fast enough. The King of Darkness had already set foot in the castle. He had already reached the throne room. He had already killed the king. The king body lay at Naraknor’s feet, cold and unmoving. The ghostly figure of Terif stood by his side. “Good.” Naraknor muttered. “That was too easy.” He then casually sat down on the throne. A number of guards entered the room and saw the body of the king, and the dark man sitting in his throne. “You!” yelled one of guards, and they all charged. But Naraknor simply snapped his fingers, and all of them dropped dead.
“Fools,” he muttered. He then turned to a girl standing off to the side, one of the dead king servants. She was around 14, had dark brown hair pulled into two French braids, had emerald green eyes, and was frozen with shock. “You.” He said, and the girl snapped back to reality. “My name is Tekara Ki,” she said, bravely.
“I really don't care,” said the new king. “Be thankful I haven’t killed you yet. Get rid of this body,” he said, kicking the king lifeless form. She quietly obliged, and proceeded to do her work.

Last edited:

Katelynn

Flirtatously Flirty
I love it so far!! I'm sure the readers have a good reason for not posting feedback. RIGHT?!

blue-eyes

Phoenix
Holy. Crap. This story is getting good. I can't find anything to correct mainly because when I am reading good writing, I ignore mistakes. Great story bro.

I know I just posted a chapter yesterday, but I got alot of new ideas, and I wanted to write a new one. Enjoy, and leave some feedback please!

Chapter 6

Citren was the biggest city in the Great Kingdom, and the home of the Citadel. The Citadel stood at almost 50 stories high, and was a simple cylinder-shaped tower. It the top was the throne room, and home of the king. The three fighters were only now arriving at the edge of the city.
“Alright we don’t know how much farther Naraknor is from the king but…” Serris said, but stopped midsentence when he saw the new guards. Naraknor’s Brutes and Scouts roaming the streets. His Archers on the towers. Serris only knew too well why.
“Oh no.” he said, wide eyed. “No, no, no…” He seemed terrified, and he covered his face with his hands in horror and dropped to his knees.
“What?” said Elliot, but he then saw what Serris was talking about. “Oh. Crap.”
“We were too late.” Said Starlight. “We lost. Everything was for nothing.”
Serris heart felt like it was made of lead. They really had lost. There was no hope. Or was there?
“Wait,” he said rising to his feet. “We can’t fight through all those guards on our own but…what about that sword you were talking about, Starlight?”
She looked surprised. “That sword? It’s probably just a myth, I-“
“No. It’s real.” Serris had a determined, yet desperate look in his eye. “Malura had the Harp of Souls, I know it! If the Harp exists then the sword must exist too!”
“Even then, how do we know the sword is even intact, or anywhere near here?” said Rya.
Serris shook his head. “I don’t know. But we have to find out.”
Elliot stared and had a faint smile. “You’re one crazy idiot, Serris.”

The town was the biggest one that the three had ever been in so far. The streets were packed and tiny, and the city stretched out for what it seemed to be for miles.
“There’s got to be a library here somewhere,” muttered Serris as the three weaved through the huge crowd. “Ah! Here!” he said as they approached a huge building. Inside was filled with books, all different shapes and sizes. One of them had to give a clue to the temple’s whereabouts. As the three walked over to a free table, they noticed many Brute lining the walls the library. Their presence gave an uneasy tension. Ignoring the dark knights, the three got to work.
An hour into their search, and the Company had found nothing at all. It seemed like they scoured the whole library. Just when they were about to give up, however, Rya made a huge discovery.
“I found it!” she said, rushing over with a book in hand. “Listen.”
“The Sword of Souls, residing inside the Ancient Temple of Stone, is rumored to have some mystical properties. What properties these are, however, is uncertain, for its appearances have been few and far between,” Rya read. “The Temple of Stone, the structure that the sword resides, allegedly has a stone door that can only be open when and the Harp of Souls is played in front of it. Only then will the sword’s resting place will be revealed.”
“Does it say anything about where this temple is?’ asked Starlight intently.
“Yeah. Listen. The location f the Stone Temple is uncertain, but the ancient writings read that the Temple can only be found ‘When the mountains sink into the sea.’”
“When the mountains sink into the sea? What’s that supposed to mean?” pondered Elliot.
“I don’t know, but I think that it was something to do with the mountain range out to the east, near the ocean.” Replied Serris. “Let’s get going.” As they got up however, Serris heard screams and crashing from outside.
“What the hell was that?” said Rya, as she unsheathed her bow.

At that moment, the brutes inside the library rushed out to see what was happening. But as soon as they stepped outside, they exploded in a thousand shards of light. By now everyone had fled except for Serris, Rya, Elliot and Starlight. From the chaos outside walked a young woman into the library. She was wearing a short silver dress and black cape, and was carrying two staffs. Her eyes locked on Serris. “You.” She said. “You’re the one with the harp.”

“What? I don’t have the harp!” exclaimed Serris, pulling out his sword.
“Lies!” she exclaimed. Somehow, with one of her staffs, she produced a knife made out of light. “If you know what Harp I’m talking about, that must mean you have it. Give it to me!”
“Don’t worry Serris, I’ll handle this,” said Elliot, and he shot an arrow. But the arrow simply shattered like the Brutes. The woman then spun the staffs rapidly, and bashed the end of one into Elliot’s face, knocking him out cold. “If you don’t want to give me what I want, I’ll make you experience pain that you’ve never felt before,” She said, giving a threatening look. But Serris simply charged and swung. But with each swipe, the woman merely dodged it. After what felt like the tenth strike, the woman disarmed Serris with her dagger, and plunged it deep into his shoulder.
“Fine. I’ll continue our discussion later.” She said, as Serris dropped to his knees. He tried to stop the bleeding with his hand, but the blade had dug too deep. He was beginning to black out.
In a desperate call for help, he reached out towards Rya and Starlight, who were dueling the mysterious woman. “No…” he whispered, as the two were knocked out as well. “No...”
And with that, his consciousness slipped.

He awoke in a dark room. He tried to move, but he was chained to the wall. Serris notice some other people chained to the wall to his right as well. After looking closely, he saw that it was Rya, Starlight and Elliot. But they were still knocked out. This was the end of the line, there was no way out.
A door opened, and the light from outside was blinding. Serris could make out a dark figure walking towards him, who turned out to be the woman from the store. She leaned over so they could talk face to face.
“I’m sorry, I didn’t properly introduce myself. I’m Ashie. Now, tell me where the harp is, and maybe I won’t kill you.

Katelynn

Flirtatously Flirty
Um, where did Malura disapear to? But awsom Chapter. I like how you coralated the sword and the harp together.

She left in chapter 5, because she said that she was only staying with Serris until they get to a city, which they did.
Don't worry though, she'll reappear, she does have the harp after all. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom