• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

My Wii U Hates to Connect to the Internet

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
Hello fellow members of the Zelda Dungeon community. This is my first thread in while, and, naturally, it's going to be a very fairly long rant. Basically, my Wii U does not like to connect to the Internet. At all. I am constantly being told by error codes and such to "check you wi-fi network", yet other devices in my house connect to the network fine. And I'm not talking one or two more devices, I'm talking 10+ (it's not a lot when you consider there's seven people living in my home). So, can anyone explain why several devices connect to my network fine but my Wii U can't? Another thing that I have been suggested by my friends, family, etc. is that maybe my Wii U is too faraway from the router. I figured it was possible. Maybe it was too far. I thought it was possible until I remembered it's barely 30 feet away. Yeah. 30 feet. Considering my Wii is on the opposite side of the house and connects fine, clearly it's not distance that's the problem.

Don't get me wrong; I LOVE my Wii U. I love the games I have for it, I love the future games that will be coming out shortly, I love the applications (e.g. Miiverse, Nintendo TVii, etc.), and I even love the GamePad. The Wii U is an awesome system.

Now, back to the rant. My Wii U is so strange with the Internet. Almost everytime I turn it on my little account box with my Mii in it is always orange (which for those whom don't have a Wii U means it's not connected to the Internet). I would say this happens 7 out of 10 times. When this happens, I know any hopes of opening up MiiVerse, accessing the browser, or playing an online game of Black Ops 2 are dead. This will happen once, and then continue to happen over the course of two weeks or so. Every time I open the system, whether it's 8 p.m. or 3 a.m., no connection. However, there is that 1 time out of ten when the box is blue, and I'm literally jumping with joy (on the inside). Whenever this happens, it will stay connected to the Internet steadily for about a week or so. I literally do nothing but play on it during this span. I barely even do my homework, because I know eventually I will turn it on and the box will be orange, meaning I won't be able to do anything on it for another week or so.

Just before writing this post I had opened my Wii U, expecting it to work as it was (rarely) working fine yesterday. Guess what? Orange box. (FYI orange is now my least-favourite colour) I entered the error code I received from the system on Nintendo's site, and followed every instruction they give. Nothing. Wouldn't connect at all. In rage, I ran upstairs and put all my anger and frustration into this post. Thanks for reading all of it.

Anywho, for those who have one, is it my specific system, or has this happened to you? What should I do? I've called Nintendo twice now, and all they've suggested is the same bull**** on their website, which I have down every step of multiple times. At this point, I don't know what to do.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The Wii U's Internet infrastructure sucks. Everything about the console is second rate. There's nothing you can do about the thing except move the console closer to the router/modem and hope you get a connection. I know how bad this is because it happens to me all of the time.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I'm honestly not surprised its Internet connection sucks as of now. It's still in its infancy, and consoles these days aren't ready to handle the amount of multimedia things they do without malfunctions, so, however much it may suck, it's something we're just gonna have to wait for to get better. Which will happen, I'm sure of it.

As of now I haven't really experienced any Internet connection problems with my Wii U, the only time it ever goes down is when the actual router plays up. I think maybe the fact that you have 10+ devices connected to the internet already could be the problem. Every device that is connected to a home router shares the connectivity and the more you add to it, the more the connection will weaken and become sluggish or won't connect at all. I don't have many devices connected to the internet and my Wii U connection hasn't failed as of yet.

I could be wrong but I honestly don't think it's the actual Wii U's fault at all.

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
tumblr_mfmg7jl0hf1r96x1xo1_400.png

breathe
it will be okay

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom