• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler My Timeline Theory

N

nostalgicrsfan@

Don't yell at me

I have a theory for the timeline, similar to that of the AVGN
in chronilogical order
1. Link to the past
2. Ocarina of time
3, Zelda 1
4. Zelda 2
5. Majora's mask
6. links awakening
7. the oracle series
8. Wind waker
9. the gameboy advance and DS games
10. Twilight Princess

My opinion

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
Hi nostalgicrsfan, few things to consider for your timeline. I'll be referencing Mosley's Timeline Guidelines thread, http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?4593-Mosley-s-Timeline-Guidelines

1. Look under 'Important Things to Consider'. The 'Split-Timeline' is confirmed and there are certain games that must be arranged in a certain order. Including Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess, The Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, and Spirit Tracks. Those are fairly concrete as to where their placement in the timeline is, with the rest of the games in the series capable of being in various locations.

2. It's hard to group the gameboy advance and DS games, since a game like the Minish Cap has very little to do with a game link Spirit Tracks. You should separate those and clarify what you mean by the placements of 'The Minish Cap', 'Four Swords', 'Four Swords Adventures', 'Phantom Hourglass', and 'Spirit Tracks'.

3. Direct Sequels. Majora's Mask is a direct sequel to Ocarina of Time and thus, it seems illogical that other games can fit in between those two games.

4. A Link to the Past really cannot take place before Ocarina of Time. Various Develop Quotes, http://www.zeldadungeon.net/Zelda-Developer-Timeline-Quotes.php prove that at the time of its release Ocarina of Time was supposed to be based of the back story of A Link to the Past, the Imprisoning War. However, while that may or may not have changed with the more recent Zelda titles, it seems fairly universal that Ocarina of Time is one of the first games in the Zelda Timeline, with A Link to the Past coming sometime later, often times after Twilight Princess.

5. The Angry Video Game Nerd's Timeline was done in November of 2006. Twilight Princess was just released so he really didn't get to dive too deep into it, and thus, didn't get its placement correct. Additionally, he didn't include Phantom Hourglass or Spirit Tracks since they weren't released. I think his timeline was fairly good.... if it was before pre-2006, where Twilight Princess didn't happen yet. It's a fun video to watch, but not very accurate.

Hope that helps your Timeline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom