• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

My Thoughts on Zelda 3DS, OoT 3D, & OoT URA

So I was thinking. Zelda OoT 3D looks amazing. A M A Z I N G. It is the first console like Zelda game on a hand held. With the power of the GB, GBC, and GBA we had to settle with the top down perspective because of a lack of power. When the DS came along we changed from a 2d top down perspective to an angled top down 2.5d perspective. This is a little better and the touch screen added some awesome new ideas for gameplay, but the games weren't as good as I thought they could have been. Finally the 3DS comes out and Nintendo handheld games look amazing. With Ocarina of time 3DS they didn't want to make the game as good as it could be, but rather wanted to make it match the original artwork. They did an incredible job, but it could have been better visually and adding in some more easter eggs or extra features wouldn't have hurt. Like making the steps actually rise up instead of being slanted.

Thinking of all the stuff added into OoT, the revamped graphics, and improved textures. I would think it would have used almost alll the memory on a 3ds cartridge, but I on a post of GoNintendos I read that "if i remember right" OoT 3D was only 512 mb, while other games like Resident Evil take up a massive 4GB. Now just imagine if they made a brand new Zelda 3DS game that takes full capacity of the 3DS that instead of being a mix of TP and WW like SS it has a mix of TP and OoT. I love the art style of OoT and MM, but I would love to see that style as realistic as possible.

Moving on from how it would look I would want it to be a continuation of OoT and MM story. Showing what Link did after leaving Termina and possibly visiting another land or the EXACT same Hyrule with "more" undiscovered land. think of TP. Castle town is in the middle of hyrule. So Imagine revisiting Hyrule of OoT with the entire upper half of hyrule being blocked off but is now explorable. Also having link somehow being able to go back and forth between adult and child without effecting the timeline. I would just love to have all the same familiar characters plus more, revisiting everyone and it having a way to interact with side quests like MM and SS.

All the same weapons plus more, another focus on masks and songs. Maybe have link play a song on the ocarina to travel back and forth between the years. A lot of stufff added from Zelda URA. I could go on rambling more, but I would rather hear what you guys have to say. How would you like Zelda 3DS.

I don't know... I don't even own a 3DS, but, it would be nice if they kept the touch screen the way it was in OOT3D. The entire rest, I think it should be something new and original. But, definitely, they should keep the 3D perspesctive. Well, can't say much though...

I really like the arty style that they did with SS, but considering the 3DS is a "HD" console it would be nice to see the TP look.

And correct me if i'm wrong but i remember Nintendo saying their cartridges can go all the way up to 8GB? So they can more than easily fit an amazing game into that.

I really like the arty style that they did with SS, but considering the 3DS is a "HD" console it would be nice to see the TP look.

I have no idea where you heard this but the 3DS is FAR from HD. Its not even standard definition. 240p i think. which is half of 480p or normal tv. It's obvious when your playing a game and see all of the jagged edges. I don't mean to be a ****, but even the ps vita isn't real HD. its 500+p or something. It doesn't start being HD until atleast 720p. I doubt it will be a TP style.

If Nintendo give us anything other than a new 3rd person/3d Zelda game for the 3ds I'm going to be really annoyed. They can't release OoT 3D as revamped as it was and then have the next game another Phantom hourglass or Link to the past style perspective, especially when they're looking at remaking Majora's Mask after something original. If I'm not targeting and moving around in 3 dimensions like OoT TP and WW in the next 3DS game then i'm going to feel very hard done by. Even if it is a short-ish game like Majora's Mask rather than a TP/SS length game I won't mind as long as they keep it home console style.

Spiritofzant - I think that is how a lot of people feel. They have the power to do it on a handheld console so why not. why resort to making a crappy alttp or ST looking game. I think it would be awesome to do it for a multiplayer top down 2d or 2.5d game eshop release, but they should stick with the engine from OoT 3D and enhance it even more so the entire game will actually take up atleast 4gb of the 3ds card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom