• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Oracle Of Seasons/Ages My Thoughts on These Games

Ragadash

Composer of the Sea's
Simply Amazing, the story that spans two games, the ring system, the fact that one was focused on battles and one on puzzles, how you could do either first, and how (although it did not affect the story) it changed what item upgrades you could get in a linked game secrets. The bosses were fun, the stuff to do in between dungeons like exploring Subrosia and getting new seasons for the staff, finding more songs for the harp. The time and season mechanics were great, and added more depth than Oot. In Oot two times and one way to travel in between. In OoA two times and hidden puzzles to travel in between! It fleshed out the mechanical more
Thoughts?

I agree, I think the Oracles are criminally underrated. They are hardly talked about, but they are amazing games. I loved the characters, the world, the art style, dungeons etc. It reminded me a lot of ALttP, but in some ways even better. Like how in a lot of cases in unlocking new dungeons and areas you had to do some interesting quests, like with the pirates in OoS for instance. Both games also added interesting new races while expanding on some of the others, such as the difference between the "river" and "sea" Zoras in OoA.

Ragadash

Composer of the Sea's
I so agree, in regards with the pirates, in OoS (if played first in a set of linked games) we learn the pirate captain had a lover and got lost at sea hence the adventure in Holodrum with the pirates. If you then go on to play OoA. You learn that queen ambi was building the tower as a light house so she could help her lover the pirate. Such depth, crossing from one game to the next.
What were you fav. dungeons.

D

Deleted member 14134

The two combined are amazing and my favorite handheld games. Linking the games together is so worth it for the connected story and the final boss of that series. Thought it was the most satisfying ending to a Zelda game yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom