• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

My Third Attempt at a Zelda Game Idea

seahawk1

Guardian of Koholint
A while back, I thought up 2 zelda game ideas, both of which failed utterly on the forums. but never-the-less, i'm back again! So let's go!

From the title screen, you have 3 options: Story (main story line and such) Arcade (where you can play minigames you unlock in story mode in a more controlled envirorment for trophies and what not) and options (to edit brightness, sound, etc.) when you start a new profile, you get to choose between to character models: Link and Zelda (to make it so girls don't have to play as link if they don't want to(and to ensue personalities for two types of girls, Sheik is also available to play)) both control and fight them same, and both have similar story lines, as would be expected. you also get to customize your avatar to suit your style with features such as skin tone, eye and hair color, and tunic color.

In the main story, Link and Zelda are good friends that live in the same forest clearing. Rodri (notice, popular old school Link name), Link's sword teacher is also zelda's father. One day, the little village they live in is ransacked by uh... idk, bokoblins? yeah, bokoblins, that are searching for "the hero of legend" that is said to overthrough their master sp they can destroy him. luckily, link and zelda are off at, uh, faron spring? why not?
when Link and zelda get back to the village, they find rodri and all the other people dead. Your character (link/zelda) then has a vision. they are standing in nowhere facing a bright aura. the aura tells them that they need to awaken the six sages of Forest, Fire, Water, Storm, Shadow, and Magic. (also, after each dungeon, the sage gives you the option to fight either them, or one of their strongest minions as the dungeon boss) and, each character has different tools to fit them (ex: where link would get the hookshot, zelda /sheik would get a magic throwing knife that teleports the user to any target it would hit(basically any item link would get, zelda would get a different version)) also, beloved characters such as the hero's shade, skull kid, and dark link would return as well. please give me any ideas, comments, or anything else you have, and I appreciate your time

(edit) yay! you people like it! now here's another idea: as well as the hero's shade teaching normal attacks, the sages wil teach link/zelda an elemental attack: in order, they are: Forest: deku slash (will turn any and all enemies hit into deku scrubs to aid you in battle), Fire: blaze starter (basically din's fire in another game), Water: hydro beam (fires a powerful and thick beam of water in one direction), Storm: Wrath of the thunder bird (gives the player control of a giant thunder bird for 30 seconds at a time) Shadow: night cloak ( makes the user completely invisible to enemies and npcs in dark areas) Magic: the Great Spin Attack (no explanation needed) well, i hope you still like my ideas, and be sure to give me suggestions for more edits. Thanks for your time. btw, another feature im adding to the options menu : an on/off switch for voice acting, for those people who enjoy the zelda experience as-is and for those who play lots of star fox and what not and hate it when characters don't speak

Last edited:

Fig

The Altruist
Let me be the first to say that idea is an awesome idea! I would totally buy a Zelda game that has those features! In fact, that's what I believe the next Zelda game should have, options for the game settings. They should also make a setting where you can watch all of the cutscenes that the player has already observed during the main game! That would be legit! I love your idea! Keep up the good thinking and plotting. :D :P

M

Mihael Keehl

Cool idea. Just a few notes... 1) maybe keep link looking like himself rather than the player being able to change skin tone and whatnot. I just don't really like the idea of a link with super tan skin or something. 2) maybe link and zelda don't find everyone dead but just missing... try to keep it rated E-10+. Change that, I'd buy it. bring it to Miyamoto sensei's attention. Keep dreamin! :)

ChuChuOfTime

Fish. Citizen of Foo
It could be a cool game and the whole link or zelda thing kinda reminds me of how pokemon works.

seahawk1

Guardian of Koholint
Let me be the first to say that idea is an awesome idea! I would totally buy a Zelda game that has those features! In fact, that's what I believe the next Zelda game should have, options for the game settings. They should also make a setting where you can watch all of the cutscenes that the player has already observed during the main game! That would be legit! I love your idea! Keep up the good thinking and plotting. :D :P
noted ... :) just filling in characters up to 30...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom