• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

My Theories on the Skyward Sword Plot...

Since I already made a thread on how I thought it would open (and did get a few things right), I thought it would be fun to give my thoughts on the major plot points that will occur as the game unfolds.

• Zelda is descended from a powerful sage that killed Ghirahim's master and founded Skyloft.
  • Ghirahim needs the blood of his Master's killer to revive him.
  • Link's Loftwing is a rare breed that comes from below the clouds.
  • The Sheikah are an ancient race that has been fighting Ghirahim and the other servants of his master.
  • Ghirahim's master was known as "The Ganon", for that was the name of the ancient evil from which he was born, and he was the only known survivor of their mysterious demise. There were some that worshiped him as though he were a god.
  • The Sheikah have killed all of The Ganon's servants, save Ghirahim because he was by far the most clever of them all.
  • It will be hinted that Ghirahim really just wants The Ganon back because he doesn't want to be alone any more.
  • Link will meet ancient sages like Fado, Laruto, and Rauru.
  • Rauru will tell Link that The Ganon was the last of an ancient evil that tried to take the Triforce, and he will surely try again, if he is revived.
  • Link does save Zelda, but not before Ghirahim realizes that The Ganon's killer was buried in Skyloft.
  • Link leaves Zelda in the Temple of Time with Rauru (where she'll be safe) while he goes to save Skyloft.
  • Before he leaves the temple, Zelda tries to tell him that she loves him, but can't seem to get the words out. Link smiles in understanding and kisses her on the forehead. Zelda asks him to come back to her once he's finished saving the world, to which Link nods.
  • After confronting Ghirahim at Skyloft and finally besting him in swordplay, he will set the village on fire. Link will be forced to let Ghirahim go in order to save everyone.
  • Groose will still be a jerk! You'll have the option to let him burn to death.
  • The last dungeon is a second jaunt in Ghirahim's lair, but Link will not be able to stop The Ganon's revival. However, The Ganon will turn on Ghirahim and throw him down a seemingly bottomless pit (every evil lair needs one of those).
  • The Ganon will bring down Ghirahim's lair, intent on killing Link. Link will only just manage to get out, even if you do it twice as fast your second time playing.
  • Link returns to the Temple of Time, where Rauru says that he can prepare a spell that will prevent even The Ganon from taking the Triforce. But it will require the Master Sword to be placed in the Pedestal of Time no more than two minutes after the spell is cast and will be it's lock and key. Since none with evil in their hearts can touch it without burning themselves (plot point ho), The Ganon will never be able to enter the sacred realm. The Ganon enters the temple as Rauru casts the spell, so Link has to hold him off while Rauru finishes.
  • After a while of fighting, Ghirahim shows up to help Link. He's not in good shape, but tells Link to worry about himself and keep his eye on the enemy.
  • A while after that, Rauru tells Link that the spell is finished. Before he can get to the Pedestal of Time, The Ganon smack Link into a wall and knocks him out. Zelda, completely forgetting the danger, runs to Link and tries to wake him up and protect him from The Ganon's attacks. They are saved by Ghirahim, who injures himself farther in the process.
  • Ghirahim's last words: "He...he was a worthy rival. None I have fought before were his equal. Can you tell him that for me?"
  • Ghirahim picks up the Master Sword and points it up, crying in pain as he infuses it with his own magic. He uses this fusion of light and dark magic to send a massive skyward slash at The Ganon and cutting him in half. The pain will then overtake Ghirahim and kill him.
  • Link will place the Master Sword in the Pedestal of Time (to prevent any other evil from taking the Triforce) and buries Ghirahim outside the Temple of Time.

Well, what do you think?

I believe there is too much fan-theories here to be actually true in Skyward Sword, Forlong. The opening theory was at least plausible to happen in the actual game. But stuff like demon Ganon and Ghirahim turning good and picking up the Master Sword to finish Ganon sounds like it came from a fanfiction story of Zelda. But I did like your intro speculation of Skyward Sword.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I don't think the demon will actually be called Ganon even if it will eventually reincarnate into him. I also don't think ghirahim is good. He is part of the demon tribe and therefore probably does not have the capacity for goodness. Most of your points go into far too much detail, especially as we don't really know that much about the game. It even goes into specific quotes that the characters will probably never say. Zelda being decended from a sage though is quite possible, since her dad is said to be a sage himself in OOT.

cool theory man. i don't think ghirahim will end up killing his own master thou' and i don't think his master will try to kill him.

Night Owl

~Momentai
You are going to be a sad little man come January when you realize you were wrong for the most part about the story. Link would save groose even though, groose is a bully. The first few points have plausibility. But for the most part it sounds like a fanfic.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Most of your theories makes Skyward Sword look as if it's based off Ocarina of Times ending. I doubt this is the case, and believe rather that it will focus on Link rescuing Zelda from "The Ganon" (I actually like the idea there...), defeating him, and subsequently progressing to Zelda's coronation.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
You are going to be a sad little man come January when you realize you were wrong for the most part about the story. Link would save groose even though, groose is a bully. The first few points have plausibility. But for the most part it sounds like a fanfic.

Skyward Sword comes out in November, not January. What t'chou talking about fool?!?

Night Owl

~Momentai
I'm allowing time for actually playing the game, while allowing a life, getting stuck on puzzles for hours, and having to give up the controls to let family members have a turn. Personally because of these reasons i don't think i'll beat the game till January.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Since I already made a thread on how I thought it would open (and did get a few things right), I thought it would be fun to give my thoughts on the major plot points that will occur as the game unfolds.

• Zelda is descended from a powerful sage that killed Ghirahim's master and founded Skyloft.

Very Plausible..
  • Ghirahim needs the blood of his Master's killer to revive him.

Don't really see why just a simple spell involving Link, Him and Zelda couldn't work. The thing with blood sacrifice is that it would get a Teen rating..
  • Link's Loftwing is a rare breed that comes from below the clouds.

Wouldn't be surprised if taht happened ;)
  • The Sheikah are an ancient race that has been fighting Ghirahim and the other servants of his master.

I agree.
  • Ghirahim's master was known as "The Ganon", for that was the name of the ancient evil from which he was born, and he was the only known survivor of their mysterious demise. There were some that worshiped him as though he were a god.

Here is where you start to get tricky..
    1. Ganon won't be in the game nor will his name or any other resemblance appear.. except maybe easter eggs.
    2. I really don't think they are going the ''puppet'' way.. I think Girahim will be the main villain, Maybe we'll even fight a legion of evil demons.
  • The Sheikah have killed all of The Ganon's servants, save Ghirahim because he was by far the most clever of them all.

I don't think Sheikah kill people, More fitting would be.. ''And then the Sheikah banished them to a dark realm.. blablabla..''
  • It will be hinted that Ghirahim really just wants The Ganon back because he doesn't want to be alone any more.

Not neccesarily that this will happen, But it's possible that the vilains will show emotions.
  • Link will meet ancient sages like Fado, Laruto, and Rauru.

It's possible the whole plot is about waking ancient sages up, Y'know discovering people that you think might have an ''sage'' in them and test them and finally recruit them ;)
  • Rauru will tell Link that The Ganon was the last of an ancient evil that tried to take the Triforce, and he will surely try again, if he is revived.

Maybe an ancient evil, But no Ganon.
  • Link does save Zelda, but not before Ghirahim realizes that The Ganon's killer was buried in Skyloft.

I'm lost here..
  • Link leaves Zelda in the Temple of Time with Rauru (where she'll be safe) while he goes to save Skyloft.

When, How and Why was the temple of time built?
  • Before he leaves the temple, Zelda tries to tell him that she loves him, but can't seem to get the words out. Link smiles in understanding and kisses her on the forehead. Zelda asks him to come back to her once he's finished saving the world, to which Link nods.

Don't think there will be any fire between the two..

• After confronting Ghirahim at Skyloft and finally besting him in swordplay, he will set the village on fire. Link will be forced to let Ghirahim go in order to save everyone.

Possible..
  • Groose will still be a jerk! You'll have the option to let him burn to death.

1. Options aren't really plausible of appearing in this game..
    2. Zelda doesn't have this kind of spectrum where one day you are chasing butterflies adn then the other one you are burning jerks alive..
  • The last dungeon is a second jaunt in Ghirahim's lair, but Link will not be able to stop The Ganon's revival. However, The Ganon will turn on Ghirahim and throw him down a seemingly bottomless pit (every evil lair needs one of those).

Hmm.. And then I guess the dude we chased the whole game is defeated by somebody else in a lame way, And we have to fight them..
  • The Ganon will bring down Ghirahim's lair, intent on killing Link. Link will only just manage to get out, even if you do it twice as fast your second time playing.

I'm lost.. again
  • Link returns to the Temple of Time, where Rauru says that he can prepare a spell that will prevent even The Ganon from taking the Triforce. But it will require the Master Sword to be placed in the Pedestal of Time no more than two minutes after the spell is cast and will be it's lock and key. Since none with evil in their hearts can touch it without burning themselves (plot point ho), The Ganon will never be able to enter the sacred realm. The Ganon enters the temple as Rauru casts the spell, so Link has to hold him off while Rauru finishes.

Too much detail.. And something like this might happen, But I think it'll be in a different way.
  • After a while of fighting, Ghirahim shows up to help Link. He's not in good shape, but tells Link to worry about himself and keep his eye on the enemy.

THis could happen, But I don't think Girahim will just show up from nowhere to help Link and to seal away his master, When he never wanted to be alone in the first place and is still a demon.
  • A while after that, Rauru tells Link that the spell is finished. Before he can get to the Pedestal of Time, The Ganon smack Link into a wall and knocks him out. Zelda, completely forgetting the danger, runs to Link and tries to wake him up and protect him from The Ganon's attacks. They are saved by Ghirahim, who injures himself farther in the process.

Possible.
  • Ghirahim's last words: "He...he was a worthy rival. None I have fought before were his equal. Can you tell him that for me?"

Again.. Too much detail and makes this seem like a fanfic, I don't think Girahim will get a heroic death.. He'll prolly get power-greedy again and you'll have to fight him once and for all.
  • Ghirahim picks up the Master Sword and points it up, crying in pain as he infuses it with his own magic. He uses this fusion of light and dark magic to send a massive skyward slash at The Ganon and cutting him in half. The pain will then overtake Ghirahim and kill him.

I think Link should be the one delivering the Final blow.. After all WE are the hero WE are supposed to get the honor..
  • Link will place the Master Sword in the Pedestal of Time (to prevent any other evil from taking the Triforce) and buries Ghirahim outside the Temple of Time.

Well, what do you think?

I think you leaned from a solid plot idea to more of a fanfic and really mashed in too many details.. And a subplot love story is never good.
But it's still a good idea apart from ''The Ganon'' and the romance. ;)

I like the meeting Fado/Laruto theory, they're the only sages associated with the actual creation of the Master Sword we've seen thus far, which this game is revolved around in the first place. That would also mean seeing the Kokiri and Zora, which I'm highly in favor of ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom