• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler My New Timeline (MAJOR SKYWARD SWORD SPOILERS)

I never assumed either. I backed up my theory with evidence. Yes, Zelda is sleeping in Crystal, and yes, Impa PROBABLY has the bracelet. You can't find out because you can't see it, nor can you twist your camera into her character model to find out (and trust me, I have tried. I wanted to make sure there was or was not a bracelet at the beginning now you've mentioned this), but guess what? Demise is there too. That means he is alive, not dead. Therefore, the past hasn't been rewritten. And that second part's where you're wrong. Sure Link was predestined to kill Demise, and he did. He (once again) dropped a castle on him. Demise is gone, period, Link killed him. Destiny fulfilled. Link killed him again, facing him in actual combat, when Ghirahim rewrote the past.
Not "probably", does. I saw it the first time I entered the Sealed Temple. I don't know how you missed it, because its kind of obvious.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Link did NOT kill Demise. He sealed him away. That is what Fi said. Got it!?

Rytex

Resident Netizen
Not "probably", does. I saw it the first time I entered the Sealed Temple. I don't know how you missed it, because its kind of obvious.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Link did NOT kill Demise. He sealed him away. That is what Fi said. Got it!?

A few questions for you, Forlong. Is this a theory? Yes. Is it YOUR theory, or is it MY theory? Is your timeline universally correct, provided you have one? No. Is mine? No, it is not. I admit it.

And, yes, I see the bracelet now. I was looking at her standing model, where her arms are hidden. I have admitted my mistake. No need to yell. Next time, post a picture instead of shouting like an American Football player about how you're amazing and I'm not. I have backed up my own arguments with information from my timeline, and from my playing of the game. I beat it a week ago and haven't touched it since, due to letting my bro play it. Now, that's not to say the theories presented aren't correct, but when is anyone's totally correct? Only once, and that is by Word of God, in this case, Nintendo. Even if you are correct in that Demise was sealed in the Master Sword, split still occurs. Two timelines, two outcomes for Demise yet again. Demise is sealed in the ground for 1000 years, leading up to Skyward Sword, and Demise is sealed in the Master Sword indefinitely, leading to presumably the rest of the series.

Think of it this way. Let's take the example of Ocarina of Time. One common past, and yet, two different outcomes due to time travel.
.........................Link defeats Ganondorf and seals him in Sacred Realm.
First part of OoT<
.........................Link tells the King about Ganondorf and Ganondorf is imprisoned.

Can they possibly reunite? Nope. It is a physical impossibility. Now let's look at SS.
..................................................He's sealed in the ground for 1000 years and a castle is dropped on him, killing him for good here.
Demise is sealed away in the ground<
..................................................Twenty minutes (give or take a few days or years) pass before Ghirahim unseals him. Link defeats him and seals him in the Master Sword, not the ground.

So say Demise didn't die. He still is the object of a split in the timeline because of the manner of (and length of time during) which he is sealed. So then, explain to me, in all your obviously higher-than-mine logic, how those two manners and lengths of time lead to exactly the same future? You say the bracelet was blindingly obvious? Well how about a Master Sword completely voiding the need for a giant black pattern of writing on the ground? What is the need for a seal on the ground (and for Zelda to be sealed in crystal) if Fi is holding Demise's residual remains sealed in the Master Sword?

Besides, I would like to point something out you ALL have failed to see (I'm as guilty of this as any of you). While my timeline is different from many due to the second split, it is still the same. Take away the split, and you still get the usual theory. The theory isn't discussing the possibility of a second split in the timeline. Its purpose was never to do that. Its purpose was to show my placement of the games, and my logic behind doing so, and the split is not and (unless they decide to put some games over there) never shall be part of this argument..

Put bluntly, we agree to disagree regarding the second split, let's actually get to the part where we discuss the games.

Last edited:

Rytex

Resident Netizen
So, apparently, now that I've either a) proven my point beyond the shadow of a doubt or b) completely disrupted the argument an ended it, can we please actually discuss game placement?

You know, this is starting to sound like the arguments people used to have about the split timeline theory after OoT came out.

I guess that means that SS is the new OoT. :P

Rytex

Resident Netizen
You know, this is starting to sound like the arguments people used to have about the split timeline theory after OoT came out.

I guess that means that SS is the new OoT. :P

All the more reason why my split is correct. OoT's was true and confirmed when TP came out. Who knows? Maybe they did this on purpose to create a whole new world to create games in, and so not restrict themselves tot he continuity of the normal timeline.

All the more reason why my split is correct. OoT's was true and confirmed when TP came out. Who knows? Maybe they did this on purpose to create a whole new world to create games in, and so not restrict themselves tot he continuity of the normal timeline.
So I guess we'll have to wait 'til 2019 for confirmation from Nintendo.

Rytex

Resident Netizen
AHA!!! I was correct in the existence of a third split!!! I feel proud!!!

But it happened in the wrong place... So, in a sense, I get a 25% on the criterion. 25% for the correct amount of branches, -75% for the incorrect criteria, for not placing it in the right location, and for placing multiple games not on this timeline.

BUT I WAS RIGHT THAT THERE IS ANOTHER BRANCH!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom