• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time My FIRST Three Heart Challange Ever D:

E

Exodus

Ocarina is the hardest one to do a 3hc on the 3d Zelda games. Have fun

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
Ocarina is the hardest one to do a 3hc on the 3d Zelda games. Have fun
No, MC is much harder. But OOT is definitly a close second. You all should join my 3 heart challenge group called "3 hearters" to discuss this kind of stuff. But im working on a WW 3 heart challenge right now and soon a TP and MM one.

Ralis

Prince of the Zoras
Well, if it's your first challenge, I would suggest just sticking with the three heart thing. Then, you can move on to harder stuff.

Well with the shields, obviously I have to have the Deku Shield until I can burn it off on Death Mountain. But no Hylian Shield, that's correct. I just don't pick it up as a child and go without it till I get the Mirror Shield when I have to use it. That's such a huge pain cuz, like you said, it's hard to resist raising that bad boy up in a sword duel against a Stalfos or something if you have one... But I remember the first time I played I fought Ganondorf shield-less cuz I thought it looked so cool so there is a way to remove the shield... I just don't really remember how.
And as for items, I'm gonna use the deku nuts ALOT... when I said I'd only use them when I needed them, I meant like the Megaton Hammer and Din's Fire and stuff. Stuff like the Fairy Bow, Hookshot, Deku Nuts, all that is fair play. Except for the deku stick during boss fights, cuz that just makes them annoyingly easy. I've decided to get all the bottles, but not use any fairies in them. Actually, I might allow like one fairy, or one bottle for a healing potion, but that's a huge maybe. Haven't decided yet.
Finally, a group for these 3HCs sounds awesome! Where is this group? I'll have to look that up, sounds very interesting.

Beeker

Wild Card
A 3 heart run? Well, good luck then!

I recently did a three heart run, but it wasn't as extreme as this one.(believe me, I kept a fairy with me at all times.XD). Perhaps should try it sometime. But I sorta agree with Ralis, maybe if this is your first 3HR, you should just limit your hearts.

Tak

Game Over
I tried a three heart run on OoT once. But it didnt turn out well. I could never get past the Shadow Temple. :L

Good luck with your three heart run!

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
But I remember the first time I played I fought Ganondorf shield-less cuz I thought it looked so cool so there is a way to remove the shield... I just don't really remember how.

Since Like Likes won't eat a mirror shield, I'm thinking your best guess would be to buy another deku shield, equip that, and then get it to burn in some way. It won't automatically equip the other, right?

Before I tried this 3HC, I did a file using only the hearts you get from bosses, to limit my hearts a little. I still went through all the way to the Water Temple and only died during the fight against Morpha, so I got bored cuz it was still too easy even with limited hearts. I'm not even a hardcore gamer by any means, most games I play I have to quit simply because their too hard so that's definitely not the case haha
And now that I think about it, I did use a Like-Like to eat my Hylian Shield, and that way I was able to stay shield-less because it doesn't equip the Mirror Shield for you, so that does work.

cmeks

A lonely wanderer
Dude tell me how it goes so i can try OoT as my second 3hc. im currently working on Link Awakening as my first 3 heart challenge and so far ive done pretty good with staying alive and what not.

Dude tell me how it goes so i can try OoT as my second 3hc. im currently working on Link Awakening as my first 3 heart challenge and so far ive done pretty good with staying alive and what not.

Hey no problem man, will do. I'm not sure if it's aloud, but I kind of wanted to keep this thread open and just sort of log my adventure through this 3HC. I think that'd be pretty cool, but I think there's restrictions on threads where they have to be relating information or they'll be closed, or something like that. But I think I'll be ok.

Anyway, I just beat King Dodongo with really no problem at all (even though he's pretty much the easiest boss in the game, and Dodongo's Cavern is a really easy dungeon). I found out you can't skip the Great Fairy atop Death Mountain and just go get Din's Fire outside of Hyrule Castle. I guess other Great Fairies won't respond to Zelda's Lullaby unless you get your magic meter first :/ oh well.
Also, I've decided a permanent solution to my bottle usage: I'll get all of them (except most likely skip the fourth one, cuz it takes too long to get. I'm terrible with horseback archery.) So, my three bottles will be aloud to use milk, but no fairies. This way I at least have to react quickly enough to revive myself, so I still only get one life. That seems pretty fair, right?

Alright, I just got the Forest Medallion, losing only one heart to Phantom Ganon. I think that was kinda cheap, but then again maybe I shouldn't have been using the Triforce trick to dodge all his attacks while he's on his horse, which is usually the part of that boss I fail on cuz I have horrible accuracy with the bow.... stupid control stick.
Anway, I just though I'd let you know that bombs are now an acceptable weapon for me to use on this 3HC. Those awful Stalfos you have to kill to get the bow are already hard enough, but when you're timed after killing one of them, it's almost impossible for me without the Biggoron Sword. So strategy was to bomb the hell out of one Stalfos, then kill the other, leaving the remaining one with one sword swing to kill. Pretty crafty, eh? Note to self: deku nuts DON'T work on Stalfos... learned that the hard way.
Either way, I'm four dungeons down, and not a life lost yet. Lookin pretty good! The Fire Temple shouldn't be a problem, but this time I won't use the cheap dodging trick on Volvagia by hiding on the edge of the platform; I'm gonna stay up there the whole time. Well, wish me luck guys

Kybyrian

Actually, I prefer you do it this way, it seems a little more challenging, since you have to think more. I'm going to start off with a bit of a story though, so bear with me.

Whenever I was playing Ocarina of Time on my Nintendo 64 a couple years ago, I noticed that for some reason the fire arrows would be given to me. I was doing it all right and at the right point in the game, but it just wouldn't give me the fire arrows. So then, I was forced to continue without the fire arrows. I suppose my game was messed up somehow... Anyway, I found that it is very well possible to clear the entire game without the fire arrows. I'll leave it to you to figure out how to solve some of the puzzles that require lit torches that seem to need to use fire arrows. Dins Fire will be required for these puzzles, by the way. So add the Fire Arrow torch "puzzles" to your list of things you can use Din's Fire for.

Actually, I prefer you do it this way, it seems a little more challenging, since you have to think more. I'm going to start off with a bit of a story though, so bear with me.

Whenever I was playing Ocarina of Time on my Nintendo 64 a couple years ago, I noticed that for some reason the fire arrows would be given to me. I was doing it all right and at the right point in the game, but it just wouldn't give me the fire arrows. So then, I was forced to continue without the fire arrows. I suppose my game was messed up somehow... Anyway, I found that it is very well possible to clear the entire game without the fire arrows. I'll leave it to you to figure out how to solve some of the puzzles that require lit torches that seem to need to use fire arrows. Dins Fire will be required for these puzzles, by the way. So add the Fire Arrow torch "puzzles" to your list of things you can use Din's Fire for.

WOW that basically sounds pretty intense! Some of the torches I really have no idea how you would light without the arrows, but I suppose it's possible. Good trick! I'll have to try that one out some time

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom