• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

My (and Your) Top 10 Videos Games of All Times

Hello everybody! I wanted to present you my favorite 10 video games of all times as I reflect them now plus some honorable mentions. I warn you that some of those titles have aged and reflect my age (24) and core gaming time. Whenever a title of a franchise is mentioned, then this is my favorite title (or titles).

Favorite 10 Games (I have played)

1. Final Fantasy VII

2. Chrono Trigger

3. Majoras Mask

4. Command and Conquer 1-4

5. Baldurs Gate 1+2

6. Diablo II

7. Warcraft III

8. Might and Magic 6

9. Fallout 2+3

10. Portal 1+2

Honorable Mentions:

Gran Turismo

Metal Gear Solid

Heroes of Might and Magic

EVERY OTHER ZELDA GAME

Medal of Honor

Metroid Prime

Secret of Mana

--------------

Please let me know what your favorite 10 games are!

Last edited:

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Deciding upon my top 10 favourite games is nearly impossible. However, here are a few that come to mind.

-The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
-Super Smash Bros. Brawl
-The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
-Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
-Banjo Kazooie
-Super Mario Galaxy
-Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
-Pokemon Emerald
-Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
-Donkey Kong 64
-Super Mario Sunshine
-Battlefield: Bad Company 2
-The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
-Spongebob Squarepants: Battle For Bikini Bottom
-Conker's Bad Fur Day

If you could not tell, I am a big fan of platformers, as 7/15 of those are.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
10. Tie between Paper Mario and Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
9. Donkey Kong Country
8. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
7. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
6. Super Mario World
5. Metroid Prime
4. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
3. Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
2. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
1. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
1. Ocarina of Time
2. Fire Emblem Awakening
2. Kingdom Hearts series bar DDD and CoM
2. Star Ocean Till the End of Time
2. Final Fantasy XII
2. Guild Wars 2
2. Guild Wars Prophecies, Factions, Nightfall, EotN
3. Turok Rage Wars
3. All 2D Mario Games
3. All 3D Mario Games

[yeesh this list is NOT my true top 10...there are way too many games out there]

Musicfan

the shadow mage
1.) Persona 3&4(PS2)
It is a tie for my number one slot I love both game equally for different reasons.

Persona 3 was such a good story. Every one had a story behind them no one was Im just the why that I am. They use a wide range of personalities for the side stories. There is Some one who comes of as a jerk but he is one of the most loyal people you could find and the ultra shy girl with a strong will and there is the deceitful business man.

In persona 4 I just love the message behind the game facing the side of you that you hate or fear. The characters had a wide verity of problems. One was struggling with his sexuality another was a (ingame) famous person who basically got lost in all of the personality she played.

In both game the music was amazing it conveyed the emotions of the scenes in which they were played. They were also both able to be emotional in their own way weather it was the death of a character or anger at an antagonist.

2.) Radiant Historia (DS)

This is basically like the persona games except it a lot easier. The music is awesome it is emotional it is an epic story (in a littler seance). You travel between two different histories and you find out that neither side is entirely good neither side is entirely evil.
3.) Okami(wii/ps2)

This game is just fun to play. It mixes the humor and the levels of serisness very well. The music is amazing. It may have what seems like a never ending story in that it each area boss felt like it could of been a final boss, but I did not care it kept me entertained. I simply love the music that plays for the final phase of the final boss even if it is not what I expected for final boss music.
4.) Wind Waker(GCN)

Call me crazy but I love the sailing in Wind Waker. It give you a seance of an unbounded adventure and for the most part I would never use the cyclone song unless if it was a ridiculous. I love the cheery feel of the game. I love the variety of the music in the game and the usefulness of most of the items(I even use the telescope). Most of all I love the Final boss no matter how easy he is. He is just so fun to fight.

5.)Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (GBA/ps2)

This is the best of the Harry Potter games. The GBA RPG was fun and had some amazing mini-games I also enjoyed collecting all the wizard cards and I maxed every one out to level 100. In the PS2 version the exploration and puzzle solving is fun and has many Zelda like aspects to it. The difference is that you play as multiple characters and each character has a different set of skills and uses. Also the bosses were also rather difficult.

6.A Link to the Past(SNES/GBA

There is not much that I have to say about this game except non linearity is fun.
7. Mario and Luigi Super Star Saga
This game is quirky in the best way possible for one reason Fwaful.
( I will add more latter.)

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Hmmm. Narrowing it down to 10...

1. Deus Ex
  2. Half Life 2
  3. System Shock 2
  4. Counter-Strike: Source
  5. The Walking Dead
  6. Half Life
  7. The Witcher
  8. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
  9. The Witcher 2
  10. Left 4 Dead
That's about it. Probably missing out a few but, those are the ones that pop straight into my head in an instant. Funny that of those 10, 7 of those are played in first-person; I do like my FPS'. ;) Honourable mention would go to stuff like Dishonored, Final Fantasy 8, and Majora's Mask.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
How evil of you to do such a thing :p

To honest my list changes everytime I ponder it, the top three games tend to stay the same however the rest I tend to swap around. My biggest problem is probably trying to differentiate between a great game and that nostalgic feel that sometimes can shade a game that I would consider bad nowadays. That being said though, at the end of the day it's all down to how I enjoyed the games, so I think this is what I'll base my list off.

1) GTA: San Andreas
2) Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
3) Fallout New Vegas
4) Super Mario Galaxy
5) Shadow of the Colossus
6) Pokemon Sapphire
7) Heavy Rain
8) Spyro 2
9) Uncharted 2
10) Call of Duty World at War
(Usually around No. 20 of my list however I've been rethinking a lot and this game definitely deserves entry)

Salem

SICK
Deciding these things is kinda hard, here are my some of my favourite games:

Zelda alttp and original loz
Yoshi's island
Megaman 2&3 and X1
Mario Bros 1,2,3, world
Mario 64&Galaxy2
Zelda Oot also MM&WW
Secret of mana
Super Metroid
Sonic the hedgehog 1to3&Knuckles
Mickey mouse games for Sega genesis
Banjo Games
Mario Kart series
Diddy Kong Racing
Zelda Four Sword Adventure
Wario Ware
These are among my favourite games, I;m probably forgetting more than 50% of my favourite games, I just can't think of anything else, sorry.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
I only know my favorite. The other nine are games that I loved a lot (I could easily list another 20 that have no real separation). Also; look ma, no Mario or Zelda!

1. Ultima Underworld (PC, 1992) - 3D Open world before it was cool

Bioshock (PC Version, 2007) - Best all-around atmosphere of any game I've played
Day of the Tentacle (PC, 1993) - When LucasArts made games that had nothing to do with StarWars and were awesome. Crazy. Funny. I still quote it (though no one understands the references ;-; )
Dune 2 (PC, 1993) - My first RTS
Final Fantasy IV (SNES, 1992) - My favorite FF story. Square says they only used 10% of the plot they wrote. I'd kill to see the rest
Mass Effect (XBox 360 port, 2007) - Pretty damn epic
Mechwarrior 2 (PC, 1995) - Giant robots from my favorite sci-fi universe
SimCity 2000 (PC, 1994) - The iteration I played the most
Tetris (Game Boy port, 1989) - From Russia with fun!
TIE Fighter (PC, 1994) - Best StarWars flight sim. I also got to scratch my itch for playing the bad guys.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom