• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Music Competition: Week 13 (New and Revised)

Which one is your favorite?

• mkevinmann

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HEY! LISTEN!

• BMBGuitar

• Darknut_Hunter

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Hello everyone, sorry for the confusion about the previous post of this thread. There was an unfortunate mix up and I accidentally left out one contestant's entry. Now, on to the entries!

This week's theme was The Temple. We have some nice entries so let's get on with it!

mkevinmann
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/99794913/Another atmospheric song.mp3

HEY! LISTEN!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jklf9e3lvbwfny4/ZD 10.5 entry.wmv

BMBGuitar
Song of Time on Guitar - Legend of Zelda - YouTube

Darknut_Hunter
The Rise of Legends_001.mp3

So which track is your favorite for the theme? Cast your votes in the poll!

Now let's get cracking on the new song. The new theme is a bit different than what's been asked before, but I think it'll have a nice feel all the same.

NINTENDO'S NEW THEME​

In honor of the launch of the Wii U, this is the new theme. Create a new Nintendo worthy song that you think would be awesome and fitting for the company.

All entries are due in at 9:00 PM on Sunday, December 2nd. Good luck and have fun!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I ultimately voted for HEY! LISTEN!'s piece of Stone Tower [Temple?], as it almost sounded like ingame music to me.

mkevinmann your music was very atmospheric, and I'd say it exudes the "dungeon" theme much moreso than a temple (but I assume you're using the two interchangably). The problem, like ALIT pointed out, is that the same beat repeats on and on. Perhaps if you introduced a few different beats!

BMBGuitar oh my goodness, freaking amazing. <3

DH, yours was great as always.

I enjoyed all the submissions. It's nice to see a bump in activity for the contest.

mkevinmann

Your music was very atmospheric and upbeat. I enjoyed the general tone although it may have dragged on a bit too long for its own good.

HEY! LISTEN!

Love your rendition of the Stone Tower Temple-I believe that's what it is. Interesting concept by interesting multiple screens on which you play various parts and having them vanish one by one at the end.

BMBGuitar

I enjoyed your heavy metal rendition of the Song of Time. It featured your traditional flare.

Darknut_Hunter

Reminds me of something from an RPG to be honest. The initial tone was very fast paced and serene, the later crisp sound additions reminiscent of the Bowser in the Dark World stage from Super Mario 64.

Nice job all of you. My final vote goes to HEY! LISTEN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom