• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread MS Paint Mafia U-Pick Edition [Day 5]

You also claim Rubrick(please don't beat me up Rube :lol: :lol:) is this "thing" yet;
1) he already softed Miller, and
2) said he was not informed of such.
Right now I'm more inclined to trust Rubik.
it certainly shares some similarities to it with the player hopping, but I don't see why to assume it has the same type of negative effects

as far as speculation goes it could do the exact opposite and be giving positive modifiers instead of a negative one lol
I was making a rough connection from the passing it on, I agree that the abilities def sound different.

why do people keep bringing """hard evidence""" up over and over
mafia isn't about hard evidence

most traditional mafia sites run vanilla setups, meaning people only have their gut feelings and capabilities of analyzing the behavior nuances and behind the posts

this a core skill that people hone over time and shouldn't be taken lightly or dismissed over mechanical info

the whole point of popular counters to mechanical evidence like godfathers and millers is to try to show people that they can't be overtly dependent on """evidence"""
I really want to be a smart butt about this. :lol: :lol:

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Legend
You also claim Rubrick(please don't beat me up Rube :lol: :lol:) is this "thing" yet;
1) he already softed Miller, and
2) said he was not informed of such.
Right now I'm more inclined to trust Rubik.

I was making a rough connection from the passing it on, I agree that the abilities def sound different.

I really want to be a smart butt about this. :lol: :lol:
I told my story to Ex down below.

Right off the bat in the beginning of the game, Rubik comes out as a supposed miller and so N1 I did a blood test on him and I was told that he was the creature that needed to be destroyed. Rag didnt explictly say ''Rubik is the Thing" so I left Rag a question in my PM to see if they could solidfy to me if Rubik is the Thing or not.

It is my word versus his because you guys have no hard evidence. If I get lynched then a lot is gonna change with your guys opinion on me.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
clearly not just finding it since you did and nothing seemed to happen

but regardless, having to find another specific does reek a bit like a third party-esque role since there are similar ones (i.e. unlyncher and lyncher)

was the whole "town is doomed if they lynch me" or something thing because you're assuming the thing is a threat to us?

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Legend
Okay, this just in, Rag cannot confirm to me if Rubik is the thing. All that was told to me for the blood test is that Rubik isnt human and that he is atrocious creature and that has to be killed. (Majorly paraphrasing.)

Second, I have more details on a way for town to destroy the Thing. I will make a post that is more indepth next.
if your role is related to the thing I'm assuming you likely have some sort of interaction regarding it like getting rid of it yourself or something?
I have a way of killing it for good but some things have to be in place for it to work which I will not get into just in case I dont get lynched.

but regardless, having to find another specific does reek a bit like a third party-esque role since there are similar ones (i.e. unlyncher and lyncher)

was the whole "town is doomed if they lynch me" or something thing because you're assuming the thing is a threat to us?
(I dont know what you are talking about here.) The Thing is a threat to town and mafia.

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Legend
It has occurred to me that maybe Rag doesnt tell people that they are the thing. This is possible. It is also possible that Jamie was the thing was killed and then I got a disease during the night, so I could be the Thing. This thought had occurred to me before but I thought Rubik was confirmed to be the Thing, but he is referenced as a creature that must be killed.

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Legend
So Rag has explained to me that a possible way for the Thing to permantly die is if the Thing has a killing role and someone else has a killing role and they kill each other at night, hence making the Thing unable to jump to someone else. It is also important to note that no one else is to target, investigate the thing at night. No one is to be in contact with the Thing or else it will jump into you and mimic you.

It is also important to say that I would have been in contact with The Thing if I got Rubiks blood. So the disease may have come from me being in contact with rubik, me being randomly picked as the Thing from when Jamie died, or from some unrelated source.

Town, let me know If I need to elaborate on the way to kill the Thing. I want to make sure that you guys understand.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
Vote Count:
OG
(4) - HHH, Ex, KJ, KoD
Not Voting - Minish, Asfinyti, OG, Rubik

The thing that has me is that OG had made multiple posts about this "Thing" whatever, and at least one post about having some investigative role. Yet claims to know nothing about what it does other than the similar ability to Storms "Buck Role".

My thoughts on this is that it's an attempt to scare one of us into starting a counter wagon suggesting it be Rubik.

There's also him saying he has some investigative role without straight up saying it:
I got a blood test back saying that Rubik is the Thing. I am staying with what I was told by Rag. I dont know if The Thing is its own alignment or if they are Mafia aligned.
before later going on about an investigative role:
With a rolecop, I was saying that if I rolecopped someone and got their role, abilities, etc., I have hard evidence. Unless it is a bastard game or otherwise posted, mods tell the truth. You make no sense. I if I get a message from a mod saying, "Jimmy Jackson has dotta dah abiltities" then they have those certain abilities.
Which are you trying to imply, that you're an investigative role or some weird Doc variation that can "cure this "Thing" role or are you even this "Thing"?

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Legend
The thing that has me is that OG had made multiple posts about this "Thing" whatever, and at least one post about having some investigative role. Yet claims to know nothing about what it does other than the similar ability to Storms "Buck Role".
I dont make the abilities for the Thing. I have a blood test to see if certain players are human. That is how they do it in the movie ''The Thing (1982)". It is not an investigative ability. I never said it was.

My thoughts on this is that it's an attempt to scare one of us into starting a counter wagon suggesting it be Rubik.

There's also him saying he has some investigative role without straight up saying it:
I never said I had an investigative role.
Which are you trying to imply, that you're an investigative role or some weird Doc variation that can "cure this "Thing" role or are you even this "Thing"?
This was with KoD and it was used as an example. This had nothing to do with The Thing.

It is my word versus his because you guys have no hard evidence
do you think rubik would have motivation to lie about it, if he was the thing? do you know what the thing's win condition is?

All that was told to me for the blood test is that Rubik isnt human and that he is atrocious creature and that has to be killed
so rude :(

So Rag has explained to me that a possible way for the Thing to permantly die is if the Thing has a killing role and someone else has a killing role and they kill each other at night, hence making the Thing unable to jump to someone else. It is also important to note that no one else is to target, investigate the thing at night. No one is to be in contact with the Thing or else it will jump into you and mimic you.
It is also possible that Jamie was the thing was killed and then I got a disease during the night, so I could be the Thing.

is this meaning that the thing jumps into someone who had targeted when it is killed via an ability? so if the only person who had targeted it is dead, it can't jump anywhere? if you think it's possible you got "the thing" from Jamie's death, does that mean you targeted him at some point? or am i misunderstanding something?

me being randomly picked as the Thing from when Jamie died
you said this, which kind of contradicts the thing you said about the targeting. if someone random is picked when it dies, how does the method of killing it you talked about work? since that seemed to rely on the fact that it only went into people who had targeted it.

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Legend
do you think rubik would have motivation to lie about it, if he was the thing? do you know what the thing's win condition is?
Yeah, the Thing isnt town aligned. It is Mafia or independent.
I am just relaying info bubs.
is this meaning that the thing jumps into someone who had targeted when it is killed via an ability? so if the only person who had targeted it is dead, it can't jump anywhere? if you think it's possible you got "the thing" from Jamie's death, does that mean you targeted him at some point? or am i misunderstanding something?
Okay, I went back to the PM and it says that if the Thing is lynched, someone else will randoly be picked to be the Thing. If it is killed ( I guess Rag is referring it to be Night killed.) It will randomly become that targeted The Thing.

It makes sense now. If the Thing and another player both have killing roles and both kill each other, without anyone else targetting The Thing via rolecop or something else, it will have nowhere to go and no one else will be infected.

No you are correct. I cannot have gotten it from Jamie. It would be against the rules and mechanics for it to happen.
you said this, which kind of contradicts the thing you said about the targeting. if someone random is picked when it dies, how does the method of killing it you talked about work? since that seemed to rely on the fact that it only went into people who had targeted it.
I am trying see if the disease I have somehow is connected to The Thing and I dont think it is. All of that was just me putting ideas and possibilities.

Asfinyti

aka amber
to clarify, whether or not the thing exists is irrelevant to me at the moment, but from your claim of having an investigative role,

Asfinyti

aka amber
oops i hit send too early
but yeah have you considered the possibility that your role could be interfered by rubik's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom