• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Most Annoying Zelda Enemy?

which monster do you want to strangle?

• Bokoblin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Deku/quadro baba

• Keese

• Armos

• Ampilus

• Lizalfos

• Chuchu

• Pyrup

• Froak

• Beamos

• Cranioc

• Spume

• Octorok

• Furnix

• Moblin

• Hrok

• Skulltula

• Stalfos

• Sentrobe

• Staldra

• Total voters
It's either Like-Like's or Wall Masters. They were both a pain in Ocarina of Time for two reasons. Like-Like's always managed to eat something of mine no matter how quickly I managed to kill it. I've never been bothered enough to then go buy that item again when I could just re-load from my last save point. I hate the Wall Masters because they are a nuisance if they do ever get you, I hate having to run back through a temple to get back to where I was.

Well, I think for me it would probably be the little Miniblins (at least, I think that's what they're called). They're actually rather cute, which exited me a bit when I encountered them for the first time in Wind Waker, but they just seemed to keep on coming in this endless flow of Miniblins, and well... eventually it kind of got on my nerves a bit. I'm generally not an easily annoyed person, though, so I can't really think of any other enemies right now that ever grated on me.

Still, Miniblins are it for me, but even if I found them a little bit annoying at times, at least they're CUTE and annoying. :P

LavaAnon

The Forever Gamer
Takuri, definately... that stupid bird in Majora's Mask and you can't get it back from bird oh no, you have to either go back to the first day or buy it from the Curiosity Shop. He is just annoying...:chu:

ChuChuOfTime

Fish. Citizen of Foo
The wall masters (floor masters?) in ST that take the big key.
I always had to try at least twice.

MUTHAFREAKIN BEAMOS IN SKYWARD SWORD.
killing it was a pain because thrusting works 10% of the time. -____-

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Most Annoying/Hated Enemy in SS?

Only counting ones you can kill...I know everyone wants to strangle the silent realm guardians. Go here if you dont remember what they're all called.

Staldras used to be annoying to me, until I realized you don't have to get all their heads with a spin attack. You can shield bash, then pwn them with a horizontal slash. Quadro babas are a pain until you get the bombs. Lizalfoses are smarter and more dangerous than bokoblins. Froaks run into you and blow up in your face. Beamoses show no mercy once they see you.

But I'd have to say I hate the armoses the most. They run you over quickly and easily. It can be difficult to find a safe spot to gust bellow them, and they sometimes become unstunned before I can hit their weak spot. They are also fairly common in their habitat of Lanayru Province. This makes them my top pick for most hated monster in SS.

Last edited:

Awesome

The Creepy Uncle
For me it's the bokoblins.....they're stupid looking, they don't attack, and they are simply just road blocks. Seriously terrible character design in my opinion.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
The Lizalfos are easily my most hated foe (outside any of the Bosses) from Skyward Sword. They were constantly dodging and blocking my attacks, even when I thought I had them. The way they were developed to fight must have been why I had such a hard time with them. Lizalfos are extremely active for a standard enemy, and thereby differ from the usual brand of adversaries that Zelda gives us. They may have shorts swords, but their shields are big enough to escape damage from any weapon that Link could use to bring them down immediately. As such, they challenged my quickness and reaction time more than any other SS foe, and by themselves they probably reduced my hearts more than their compatriots. Considering all this, they're not only unlikable, but also vexatious to my playstyle.

Either that or every other foe was overly easy. :/

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I can't choose just one. A handful of enemies from Skyward Sword annoyed me to no end. As much as I hated fighting Deku Baba and Keese, Bokoblin were by far the most annoying enemies. All they know is "blockblockblock", no real attacks. I laughed every time I killed one. Seriously, why do those things exist?

The robots in Lanayru, they took forever to kill because they were so sodding systematic!
Before you could damage them you had to wait until it sent out drones and kill them before it shot a missile for you to deflect but it took more than one hit... soooooooo time consuming.

The Lizalfos are easily my most hated foe (outside any of the Bosses) from Skyward Sword. They were constantly dodging and blocking my attacks, even when I thought I had them. The way they were developed to fight must have been why I had such a hard time with them. Lizalfos are extremely active for a standard enemy, and thereby differ from the usual brand of adversaries that Zelda gives us. They may have shorts swords, but their shields are big enough to escape damage from any weapon that Link could use to bring them down immediately. As such, they challenged my quickness and reaction time more than any other SS foe, and by themselves they probably reduced my hearts more than their compatriots. Considering all this, they're not only unlikable, but also vexatious to my playstyle.

Either that or every other foe was overly easy. :/

I was the same way. I HATED those guys. I could breeze through every other enemy in the game no-problem but Lizalfos would take forever for me to kill. I felt like I could never lay a hit on them! I remember at one point, I think at that place with the mine carts out on the Sand Sea, I just ran away from them since they didn't have to be beaten to advance :lol:.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
The Armos was pretty annoying and is probably the only enemy in SS that I would say had legitimately bad design. I appreciate Nintendo's attempt to use the Gust Bellows to defeat an enemy, but it just wound up being a pain. I found myself staying away from the Hroks simply because, upon entering Lanayru, I couldn't shoot them with an arrow. I would say the Quadro Babas, but I've really come to love those guys. They're one of the best enemies in the series imo, so... yeah.

I noticed you left out the Staldras. The one that has to have all three of its heads cut off at once. Yeah, oftentimes I wound up slicing off only two instead of three and had to try 2 or 3 times to finally kill them. Not a bad enemy by any means, but it could get very annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom