• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler More "Rivals" In Zelda Games

Hero of Time!

Darkrut
I agree with you he did lighten the mood, and yea they shouldent swallow all the spot light. But hey i wouldent of minded a more in depth background story to Groose, I would of loved to hear how he became to be. We know Link and Zelda played and were friends as kids but, where was Groose in all of this, did he have feeling for Zelda back then to?

HylianHero

Gardener of Elysium
I don't mind some one like Groose, but if someone else is actually competing with me, I just get annoyed because I'm the hero....not you....[size=-2]you suck.........I'm the hero...thats right.....I am the hero[/size]

Yes.
There should be a moment where Link actually faces his rival in a sword battle.

As for the idea of Dark Link not being the "dark twin"... I don't agree, because, as the name suggests, he's SUPPOSED to be the dark twin. If anything I see Dark Link being created by Ganon or some other villain specifically to fight Link by basing him on Link's fighting style.

In my defense, I was referring to the "dark twin" plot device in which the main character, in this case, Link, at some point finds out that he has an "evil twin." What would make it doubly worse is if he and said twin were either 1.) separated at birth for some reason or 2.) the twin turned out to be the darkness in Link's heart made manifest. This kind of thing has been overdone—in anime, novels, television dramas, you name it—to the point where it's just sad. Gameplay-wise, however, Dark Link would essentially be the "dark twin", albeit in spirit...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom