• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Monster Hunter Monster Hunter Wilds (2025)

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator

The 6th gen of MonHun has been revealed. I'm equally intrigued and concerned. No Switch release pisses me off. This thing better run well on my steam deck or I'll riot. The seeming over-reliance on the new mount also bothers me. I don't mind the existence of mounts, I just don't want everything I do to have to revolve around using them. All that said... The new dynamics of the environment is very promising. Large monsters hunting in packs is new, as is the weather system (which may or may not be tied to the core gimmick here....). I just hope the weapons feel closer to Sunbreak than they do Iceborne. Really did not care for the world/ib gameplay. I don't want this game to feel like they did.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
More thoughts -
  • no more scoutflies. PLEASE no more scoutflies. **** scoutflies.
  • also no more autotracking. i dont want autotracking but if the choice is between autotracking and scoutflies ill take the autotracking.
  • INSTEAD what id like to see is a similar "pick up monster tracks and level up your knowledge" that world did but without the scoutflies, instead having your new mount bestie do the tracking without the goddamn obnoxious scoutflies covering the entire screen. just have it sniff out the monster and mark it on your map so it doesn't pull you away from what you're doing.
  • if we're getting dynamic weather then bring back temperature effects to go along with that. also add weather effects. we kind of already see that with the lightning.
  • obviously theres not going to be a wirebug and thats fine, as long as we get to keep air dodges ill be happy. i can live without wirefall. i just want to be able to air dodge. i do not want any lost mobility coming off sunbreak to this game. in this same vein i hope there's still wall running and jumps and stuff or even just parkour that's independent of the new mount. we see the new mount do parkour but i want to be able to do stuff like that without needing to use the mount.
  • i cannot stress enough that i do NOT want this new mount to do everything for me. the hunter should be able to do mostly everything mobility-wise that the mount can do, the mount just does it faster and allows you to sharpen weapon drink potion etc while riding it. i do not want the mount to be centralizing. PLEASE let me not shoot myself in the foot by choosing to work independently from it.
  • no slinger and NO ****ing clutch claw ****. never again. keep that **** 10000 feet away from my monster hunter do NOT bring it back ever.
  • i really, really do not want this game to feel like world/iceborne. speaking as a series veteran, w/ib are among my least favorite entries in the entire series and their weapon gameplay is boring as hell. PLEASE let the weapons feel more like sunbreak than iceborne. sunbreak is peak monhun gameplay, right next to genu.
  • with that in mind i want the weapon movesets to keep being customizable. whether thats styles or switch skills or something new, whatever. just keep that trend going. i want arts/silkbinds/special moves to stay but i can live without them. honestly a fair compromise would be more command input type moves. but more customization in the gameplay is always ideal.
  • obviously layered armor and weapons have to stay. i want more hunter customization too. more hair styles and options and colors galore.
That's all I got for now. I may think of more later. I'm really not sure what kind of new stuff I want to see. I just know what I want them to keep and what I want them to keep out.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Me and my VGA watch group were kind of surprised at first that it wasn't coming to Switch. A lot of the visuals in the trailer had that blurry vibe I've come to expect from stuff like Monster Hunter Rise and TotK.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
20231208_162311.jpg

My friend sent me this and singlehandedly killed all of my hype for this game. Just completely buried it in the ground. This is really just going to be World 2. Exactly what I so badly did not want it to be. I hope I get proven wrong down the road, but for now, I'm completely deflated on this game.

(pictured is scoutflies and slinger circled in red, two things I very strongly said I absolutely did not want to see return in my earlier post)

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
The game in that trailer looks neat. I actually have wanted to get into this series, but there are so many other games out there that I just haven't been able to give it my attention. Oh well, perhaps in the future.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator

We won't hear another peep about Wilds until summer. That's a lot of months to wait for anything substantial. At least I'm not excited for it anymore... What concerns me more than the game itself though is if Capcom is gonna add DRM to it and its newer games too...

Supposedly this DRM also can brick steam decks so if they use this I won't be able to even play the game at all. Worried about this for Dragon's Dogma 2, as well...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom