• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Misheared Lyrics

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
I searched but couldn't find a thread like this...do you have any favorite stories of misheard lyrics?

Lately I've been mis-hearing "Alejandro" by Lady Gaga. Despite the fact that I know the lyrics are "Don't wanna kiss, don't wanna touch, just smoke my cigarette and hush", I consistently hear them as, "Don't wanna kiss, don't wanna touch, just want your cigarette butts..."

I also know that the words of "Sweet Caroline" are "Good times never seem so good", and yet when I'm singing along absent-mindedly sing, "Good times never seem so bad..." (My subconscious thinks it's a paradox, perhaps?)

One more...there is an 80s song called Voices Carry. I never knew this title for the longest time, which probably explains why instead of singing "Hush, hush, keep it down, down, voices carry..." I was singing "Hush, hush, keep it down, down, this is scary..."

Misheard lyrics that happened to someone else also welcome here, I know there are some classics that may be faves. :cool:

Probably one of the most common misheard lyric is "Blinded by the Light" by Manfred Mann. The part I'm thinking of goes like this:
'Blinded by the light
revved up like a deuce
another runner in the night'

But the way it sounds, it can easily be mistaken as this:
'Blinded by the light
revved up like a douche

I could probably think up some others, but this one automatically popped into my head.

Hylian Pants

Nintendo Wench
The most famous misheard line I can think of is from Purple Haze by Jimi Hendrix. "Excuse me while I kiss the sky" it totally sounds like "Excuse me while I kiss this guy" lol

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
Hmmmm.... What about the famous "Hold me closer Tony Danza"?

Then there is basically the entire song of 'This ain't a Scene, it's an Arms Race' - my favourite part being 'I'm a little man, and I'm oh so evil, oh so into cats.' sadly the first time I heard this song, I was reading along with these misheard lyrics, and I remember them a lot easier than the actual lyrics. :P

Epwna

The epic turnip king
Well, there's California Gurls by Katy Perry. The part I'm talkin' 'bout is in the chorus. It actually goes "Fine fresh Fierce" but before I looked up the lyrics, I thought it was "Hot fresh Beards."No joke.

Probably one of the most common misheard lyric is "Blinded by the Light" by Manfred Mann. The part I'm thinking of goes like this:
'Blinded by the light
revved up like a deuce

But the way it sounds, it can easily be mistaken as this:
'Blinded by the light
revved up like a douche

I could probably think up some others, but this one automatically popped into my head.
If you listen to the original version of the song by Bruce Springsteen it clears it up a bit. haha. I also hear "revved up like a douche, another boner in the night"

My friends band has a song in which they say "Your new direction" but it sounds like they say "your nude erection"

Austin

Austin
The Killer's "Human" comes to mind. The correct lyrics are, if I'm not mistaken, "Are we human, or are we denser?", but everyone (including myself) hears "Are we human, or are we dancer?". Also, Billy Joel's "Benny and the Jets" as well. For years I thought it was "She's got electric boobs, a mohaz sues, you know I read it in a magazine...", but in actuality the lyric is "She's got electric boots, a mohair suit, you know I read it in a magazine...". Yeah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom