• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mini-boss Royale OOT

Who would win in a battle royale?

• Dark Link

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Poe Sisters

• Flare Dancer

• Dead Hand

• Big Octo

• Total voters

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
minibossroyale.jpg

You may think I am posting the same picture in a different thread just for more post power, but I have my reasons.

This is a poll: Who is the strongest mini-boss in Ocarina of Time and who could beat who.

As for me, the contest goes to Flare Dancer. He is the most athletic of the bunch of bosses and is very good with wide range flame attacks. Dark Link would have a hard time beating him considering he has no hookshot, though the poe sisters my survive since they can disappear, but Dead Hand and Octo are out of luck being big balls of flesh.

So tell, me who do you think will win?

Last edited:

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Obviously dark Link. As he is a copied version of Link and Link beat all of these characters. Plus he was in the hardest temple, that's saying something.

Kazumi

chagy
I have agree with Vincent, that damned Big Octo pissed me off so much in Jabu Jabu's Belly, he would be able to slaughter everyone.

First of all, he could just eat Dark Link, or kill him in the same way he killed me so many horrible times. And Dark Link doesn't even have a Boomerang.

He could kill Flare Dancer easily. Because if Pokemon taught me anything, it's that a well placed Nasty Plot and Surf can brutally murder a Fire Type, as so long as you are EV'd correctly, and he is not EV'd to counter you. Or you could just attack him twice.

He could also just eat Dead Hand. Everyone knows that Octoroks, love the taste of human flesh. Especially when that Octorok is giant.

The Poe Sisters.. I don't know. He could spit at them or something. Also eating them... So yeah, Big Octo wins. By far.

octorok74

TETTAC
Dark Link, because he has all of Link's moves. Also he can disappear through the floor. The flare dancer would come in second.

Whether I were to approach this by difficulty, going with which boss I thought was hardest, or logically, thinking about their real strengths and weaknesses, I have to go with Dark Link.

All the other mini-bosses, despite their power, weird abilities and size, are very specialized. They're stuck in what they do. Dark Link, due to being humanoid and having his immense skill, is not so specialized, and thus can adapt to a situation much like Link could. Sure he doesn't have his items, but approaching this logically he could more than likely find a workaround. Even if you go with the idea that Dark Link is just a mirror copy... well... that gives him even better chances with the other mini-bosses. :P

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
Dark Link was the hardest mini-boss in the game by far. I always waste tons of magic fighting him cause my only hope for beating him is Din's Fire.

And Poe Sisters were just lame. If we could put a negative post, like subtract one from that selections number (Now there's an idea Mases) then I would've done that to them.

Austin

Austin
As others have said, Big Octo. Dead Hand would be way to slow, Flare Dancer would be sucked into oblivion, and he'd just run over the Poe sisters. As for Dark Link, if you consider him as only a mimic, he'd never be able to get to the back of Big Octo.

Starchain1

A star
Well Dark Link Ive always thought was a reflection of Link due to the fact he is in the water temple( everyone has a reflection) also becuase he mimics you so that makes him pretty hard now imagine with a mind of his own!!!

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
lol poes sisters coz they can disapear and these mini bosses hada be dumb to be killed by a 17 year old also who would supect a painting. hehehehe it is waaatching you

Wow, I guess I'm the only one that actual agrees with Charge (amazing....). Face it guys, all Big Octo did was run around in a circle. Unless we had an area exactly identical to the one inside Jabu Jabu, I think he'd be the first to go (Really, health wise, he's the weakest). I think we all agree that Dead Hand, scary as he may be, gets beaten every time just because of lack of mobility. So that leaves Flame Dancer and Dark Link. I know that Dark Link is probably the coolest boss in Zelda history, but Charge makes a good point that he has none of Link's items. Could you actually beat Flame Dancer with just a sword? Plus, Flame Dancer's main attack is on par with an unlimited Din's Fire, which we all know is Dark Link's ultimate weakness. :D

Last edited:

Kybyrian

Obviously the Flame Dancer would just light up Dark Link. If anybody can make a big fire circle, it's the Flame Dancer. Too easy.

The real question is: Who would win if the entire fight was underwater? Big Octo, of course. So quit hating on the big guy, Ver-go. :P

Don't feel alone VGGAGG. I actually think you made the most sense out of the thread. ... But I just chose flare dancer because he's a flaming black ball that dances. 'Nuff said.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Well let's see...

Dark Link is adaptable but he has no items and all the other mini bosses require an item of some sort (Flare Dancer has Hookshot/bombs, Big Octo has Boomerang/Deku Nuts, Poe Sisters have the bow, etc. etc.) and the only one I can see him defeating realistically is the Iron Knuckle and Dead Hand.

Dead Hand is weak, and very limited in mobility. He dies easily.

Iron Knuckle has a lot of power and a decent amount of HP but is very limited in mobility and a mini boss like Flare Dancer or Big Octo would easily kill him.

Flare Dancer has the highest chance of succeeding because in order to beat him you require a hookshot like item in order to harm him and none of the other mini bosses have that. Plus he has an unlimited Din's Fire equivalent.

Big Octo is a big loser in this fight. All he does is run around in circles and dig, plus he's low in the HP and Power departments. Even if there were an arena like the one in Jabu Jabu's Belly he still wouldn't win because of Flare Dancer.

The Poe Sisters can be defeated by almost any weapon easily. So they wouldn't last.

All in all, Flare Dancer would have the highest chance of beating the holy Hyrule out of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom