• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Million Dollar Dead

Veely

Unwanted ZD Member
Yeah I know it seems soon but here is chapter 1 just meet the main character sorta thing. But I really need peeps to sign up!

Million Dollar Dead
By Erin K Gibby
Dedicated To: Ryan, Amanda DEamazing!, Alyssa, Vanessa28, TT, Stephanie, Atsuma, Sarah Jane, Ali Luv, Mommy, Daddy and everyone that contributes :party:

Chapter 1: The Awaking..

“Auntie Alice. You awake?” My little niece Fiona said prying one of my eyes open. I rip the other eye open. My vision blurry I could only make an outline of little Fi.
“I am now” I mumbled. I rolled over immediately only to have a big wet nose in my face. The dog had magically crawled up next to me. Little Fiona Climbed on top of me pouncing on top of my dog “Come on! Auntie Alice! If I have to get up mommy told me you have to! It's your first day back at work! And I have to go back to school! We can do this!”
“Alright, Alright” I said. I slipped out of bed and began to get dress. Little Fiona played with Aergia the laziest wimariner you'd ever meet. Aergia laid on the bed taking the pain Fiona delt.
“Fi, Stop hurting the dog!” I yelled as I putting on my black dress shirt. Fiona grinned. Her perfectly alined small teeth giving me a lairs smile. Her eyes blue. Mousy blond (with some brown streaks) hair all messed up with tangles at either end. Little dimples on the sides of her chubby cheeks. She wore her Disney Princess Nightgown and bunny slippers. She screamed “MOMMY!” and ran out of the room crying.
“crap” I thought “ this girl is good” I walked down the hall and I stared down the stairs. I took the first step. Trying to not to make noise so my sister wouldn't yell.
Yes, I live with my sister. Well she and her family live with me. I lived with my mother. Keyword lived. She died of complications due to a brain tumor. Sad I know but life brings you something else in the end. I took care of her sometimes but couldn't take care of her as often as I could due to my job. I am Detective Alice Walker working for the Chicago Special Victims Department. I live just outside of Chicago.. Well West Chicago. My sister thought I'd need someone with me so first she bought me a lazy dog. Then she decided that wasn't enough and decided to move her family in to our old house that we used to live in. Her husband Tony Rocca being the meat head that he is finally got a job as a mechanic. My sister Abigail quit her job to be a full time mother to her 3 kids (Me, Fiona, and one on the way).
“ALICE! GET YOUR SKINNY BEHIND DOWN HERE!” I heard the Momma t-rex call me. I stepped down the stairs walking past Fiona in the living room eating chocolate chip waffles while watching Spongebob. I found my sister in the kitchen. 6 month pregnant and she still is on her feet. Meat head sat at the kitchen table reading the newspaper. He was in his jumpsuit black hair slicked back. He glanced at me, giving me a dirty glare with a smirk on his face as if to say “You gonna get it.” Abigail had her back turned to me facing a pan filled of eggs.
“ Look what Satan dragged out of bed honey” Tony said so sweetly to his wife. “I will shoot you” I mumbled under my breath. She turned around glanced at my clothes “Is..Is that what your wearing first day back at work?”
I looked down. I was wear a dress shirt with my matching pants and jacket “Yes. Why?”
“You look like your going to commit a crime not solve one”
“And your husband looks like a janitor more than a... whatever he is” I said sarcastically. Meat head shot up from the table and came close to my face. “I swear to god talk to my wife like that again and you will be in a hospital bed!'' He shouted
“Hit me and I will arrest you for assaulting an officer” I whispered angerly. Abigail got between us “If you both don't be friends before this baby is born I swear to god I will shoot you both in the toe. Now sit down and eat.” I sat down far from Meat head. He went back to reading the job section.
I stared at the carving of my name that I put there years ago. Abigail placed the food in front of me “Eat before you leave” she handed me coffee. I shot up pushing her to sit down with me “Come on sis you need to relax. You look pale.” I shoved the food in her face. She gladly took it and ate it. I drank the coffee until the glass was empty. Fiona walks in singing the Spongebob theme song “OH! Who lives in a pineapple under the sea!” she points to me expecting me to sing. I shake my head. I get up placing my dirty glass in the dishwasher.
“I'm taking the scion sis.” She shrugged and said “Okay.” So much for sisterly love. I was about to walk out the door until “WAIT! Auntie Alice you forgot your gun!” Fi waved it around like it was an ID. “Fi DROP IT!” I yelled rushing to grab it from her. I disarmed her checking to see if the safety was off. Thank god no. I placed the gun the case and hooked up the case to my belt. I looked at Meat head who was laughing. “Discipline the darn child! She could have shot herself!” I shouted, Meat head stopped laughing and began to think. I shook my head opening the door and headed my way out to do my job. Detective Alice Walker is back on the Cases!

Note Aergia is the Roman goddess of Lazieness
this is just the first chapter.. second one will be written when I get more detectives!

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Yay, Atsuma God made the dedicatory. Awesome, Veely. :P

Now, as to the story itself, from what I read it looks good, you introduced Alice and the people who live with her. I had more than a few laughs due to the way Alice handled herself when talking to her relatives. Alright, now moving on. There were mistakes, Veely, more than a few, actually, but I am not gonna pin point them all out for you because that's not my style. I read for the pleasure of enjoying the story and not to critique peeps' writing on a harsh level. Still, I am sure that you will be fine as the story moves along, work on spelling words completely. You left several unfinished words, and also don't be afraid to use more commas. This is the advice I can give you. Don't let your mistakes bring you down, the story itself is what matters. I am looking forward to see what happens next. I hope other peeps join your story so you can deliver another chapter ASAP. ~Gobligotchi

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom