• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Microphone

Most people nowadays have a microphone or a headset for the purpose of voice communication via the internet. If you talk to other people a lot, you probably know that the quality of microphones differ greatly. What mic do you have and what would you rate the quality?

I don't know what mine is, I was using a Rock Band mic for voice chat previously so felt the need to invest $5 at wal-mart for a headset. Quality is surprisingly great for $5. The headphones are questionable, but whatever. Oni reports that I talk too close to the mic, but not much I can do there. I'll edit this once I figure it out.

EDIT: Hmm ... my headset has the Logitech logo, but no other clues as to its model.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I use the Onn Flexible Microphone, viewable here:
[video=youtube;o1yREfqmBA0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1yREfqmBA0[/video]

I'd rate the quality as about 7.5/10. At lower dB it cuts out a LOT of background noise, and I'm confident I could use it to start LPing or doing regular commentary. 'course, there are far better ones out there, but they cost a LOT of money.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Used to have a stereo mic but accidentally spilled some coke on it so atm using a gaming headset for communication (which ironically is terrible), Razer though; can't expect anything golden.

Austin

Austin
I have a Logitech webcam with a mic built into it. I don't really get the point of headsets, unless you're trying to record something. I'd rather have a nice pair of headphones and a desktop mic, cheaper plus you'll probably get better sound quality as far as output goes.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
Every mic I've owned has broken. It may be a product of the fact that I spit like a fire hydrant when I talk

Kybyrian

I have a Turtle Beach X41 Legacy headset. It was $250 when I purchased it. I actually bought it for gaming, but I also hook it up to my PC. It's surround sound (which doesn't work on the PC unless you have a place for an optical TOSLink cable, which most won't). It has a built-in mic that is really good, but it needs an Amigo II soundcard to work on the PC, so I never use it regularly unless I'm playing on XBL. The mic won't work on PS3 without the Amigo II, either. It was an Xbox 360 designed headset. The mic is really nice either way, though. I tend to use my integrated mic (which has gotten progressively worse over the years, unfortunately). It was fine until recently, but now I don't really intend on using it anymore. I need to get the Amigo II so I can use my headset mic.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
My laptop has a built-in microphone, and I never really bothered to check the quality of it. When I do voice calls with friends, it seems to work perfectly fine, but I would much more prefer a headset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom