• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Metroid Collection.

MonkeyFightSquad

*LAUGHS EVILLY*
I think it would be cool to have Metroid Collection for the Wiiu. I think they should have all the 2d Metroids on one disc and the 3d ones on the other. I would buy that game for 70 bucks.(At leaset:party:)

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
All the Prime games plus Other M seems like a bit too much for one disc. I don't know how much a Wii U disc can hold but that is a lot. Besides that, there's the fact that the 3D games are all relatively new and are all available for Wii, and the Wii U can play Wii games, so there's no need to re-release them. The 2D games should be downloadable from the Wii U shop, but not a physical disc. Nintendo should be focused on making a new Metroid game that redeems themselves for Other M.

Metroid turned 25 this year along with Zelda and it went uncelebrated..

Mario had a game re-released with a limited edition Red wii and a history booklet to celebrate his 25th
Zelda had Ocarina of Time remade for the 3DS, the Hyrule Historia, a touring orchestra and Skyward Sword (with a special edition to boot) to celebrate its 25th
Kirby turns 20 this year and we are getting a disc with 6 of his games on it, a CD and collectors booklet...

Whereas Metroid, one of Nintendo's most versatile and widely recognised titles in the West which turned 25 this year got nothing. The least Nintendo could have done with the release of Other M (which wasn't plugged as an anniversary game unlike Skyward Sword) is release a celebration disc for Metroid with the 2D titles on it. The Prime Trilogy is available on Wii so no need to box them in, Other M is relatively recent, but games like Metroid, Return of Samus, Super and Fusion would not have taken up much room on a disc at all, none of them are 64 bit either unlike Kirby's disc which has his n64 Crystal Shards on it. Perhaps Metroid Pinball and Zero Mission could have been unlockable content too....

I have no idea why Nintendo failed to recognise Metroid's 25th they shouldn't have, it wouldn't have cost them much to release those relatively short 2d classics onto a disc, they would have surely made more than a profit back, its such a shame. =[

Dan

It would be amazing if they gave metroid the mario all stars treatment for the release. Remake the first 2d titles with some better graphics, but also retain the originals on the disk to for those that aren't happy. It's a big shame they forgot about metroid. I'm rather surprised Kirby got one over metroid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom