• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mario and Zelda is Hard, and That's Mathematically Official

"IF YOU have ever struggled to complete classic Nintendo games, don't feel bad - they are officially difficult.
An analysis of the computational complexity of video games, including those in the Mario and Legend of Zelda series, proves that many of them belong to a class of mathematical problems called NP-hard. This means that for a given game level, it can be very difficult to work out whether it is possible for a player to reach the end. The results suggest that some hard problems could be solved by playing a game."

The original article: Mario is hard, and that's mathematically official - 14 March 2012 - New Scientist

I think that there is some truth in this but then again, I'm not that great at maths but I'm pretty decent at most Mario & Zelda games... Also a good friend of mine is excellent at maths and is terrible at all games...

I think they need to factor into this study that some people are just natural born gamers.

Still, interesting stuff!

T-L-H

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom