• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Manual Jumping?

Manual Jumping?

• Thumbs up

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thumbs down

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
how is pressing the a button more rewarding and thought provoking than holding the a button to run off the ledge and make link jump exactly?... And to your clawshot point, once link gets the clawshot it doesn't cut platforming out of the game, if the developers want to to do some tricky jumps/hovers, they just won't put any clawshot targets nearby. I can think of dozens of cases of that.

All of the people that are pro manual jump seem to say that it would add more platforming depth, and honestly that doesn't make more sense, how would pressing to jump be better than running to an edge to jump...

Manual jumping would just be a chore, auto jump works great and I think that any non-platformer with platforming sections should have it.
I think manual jumping offers a lot more options and variety of possibilities than the average auto-jump. With the current jump system you are only allowed to jump when going from one platform to the next, so that really limits this feature. Not only would this allow Link to reach extra places and offer new ways to traverse the world but also implements a certain skill when platforming.

I think manual jumping offers a lot more options and variety of possibilities than the average auto-jump. With the current jump system you are only allowed to jump when going from one platform to the next, so that really limits this feature. Not only would this allow Link to reach extra places and offer new ways to traverse the world but also implements a certain skill when platforming.

I respectfully disagree. Why would you want to jump everywhere? you can already run up walls and jump off ledges. Where else would it be helpful to jump? I guess you could have fun derping around jumping and playing the harp.... so I guess that's cool.

Consider 2D Mario games for a second. Would you rather auto-jump to the next platform, or would you manually-jump instead? The former can be quite irksome thanks to level design, but manual jumps give you a certain freedom simply not capable in regular play. :) Same could apply for Zelda in that respect, and manual jumps could be required for wall-scaling (or climbing) or simply traversing pits. This would keep dungeons more tense and possibly open up new caves of exploration!

That's the point, 2D. I loved rocs feather in the 2D Zelda games, but it wouldn't work in 3D because platforming in 3D is completely different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom