• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mandatory Tasks that You Hated

What are some mandatory tasks presented in Zelda games which you hated to go through? Tasks you wished were altered or eliminated as they were annoying or frustrating for you to get through.

For me, the Tower of Spirits in ST just pissed me off. After every temple, you had go back to it. I know hardcore gamers like it tough throughout, but I'm not so hardcore, and after a temple, I like the game to slow down. I'm a fan of discovering new areas and surroundings and the ease of it before I venture back into a new temple. This tower didn't give a break and it was just plain tedious and boring every time. Make the actual temples longer or add in another, just not this every time.

This next task was technically optional, but the game would have been extremely tough without it, so I basically call this mandatory. Collecting fairies in the temples in MM. Especially without magic and enhanced defence, the game would be tough. I know this was an added challenge to the temples, but this was again annoying. I found the MM temples (other than the Woodfall) to be more challenging to begin with than OoT (other than the Water Temple) and adding the time limit (not a fan of time pressure and I'm someone who just can't play video games for more than at most 2 hours at once) and the fairies made them almost excruciating.

Especially that damn Snowhead temple. The fairies were so out of the way and the temple was long and miserable, my least favorite of all time. Let's just say the temple took me many tries and I had to do the fairy quest separately (remember I am not a hardcore gamer, most things are tougher for me to being with!) I would have rather had a 5th tough temple, rather than getting all those fairies. :(

So what tasks would you do away with?

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
While there are none I particularly "hate", there are numerous I could do without.

- The Forsaken Fortress (TWW)
- Tears of Light (TP)
- Temple of the Ocean King (PH)
- Song of the Hero Quest (SS)

It's got to be collecting the Tri Force pieces in TWW it was sooooooo time consuming and tedious.
It's still one of my favorite Zelda titles though.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
The main things that I do not like in the Zelda series are things that are done not once but multiple times. Temple of the Ocean King from Phantom Hourglass and the Drops of Light are my two biggest pet peeves within the Zelda series since you constantly have to go back to them throughout the game, no chance of ever bypassing it.

Another thing I didn't like was just the Twilight Realm in general in Twilight Princess. Once you're in there, unlike every Zelda game, you can't get out until you complete your objective, and I find it really annoying since one of the greatest things in the Zelda series is being able to go out and do whatever on your own if you don't feel up to doing the main quest. The Twilight Realm traps you in there, and you cannot get out until you collect all Tears of Light, which just irks me quite a bit.

theoathtoorder

“Zinga-dingding!”
There is no part in a Zelda game I hate, but these got on my nerves:
Forsaken Fortress-WW
Collecting the Triforce -WW
Temple of the Ocean King- PH
Tower of Spirits- ST

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Like people before, there aren't any parts that I hated of any game, but here are my least favorite tasks:
- Triforce of Courage hunt in the Wind Waker
- Return to Skyview in Skyward Sword
- Song of the Hero quest in Skyward Sword
- The book hunt in the Minish Cap

T

Thesleeper

You seriously didn't like going back to Skyview? I wish they did stuff like that more within the series, except even more intense. Like more puzzles and way more enemies. It's why I love MasterQuest so much.

To answer though, yah, I hated the Tears of Light from TP. I did not like being the wolf at all.

You seriously didn't like going back to Skyview? I wish they did stuff like that more within the series, except even more intense. Like more puzzles and way more enemies. It's why I love MasterQuest so much.

To answer though, yah, I hated the Tears of Light from TP. I did not like being the wolf at all.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I have many mandatory things I dislike doing:
-Having to close off Fi's text each and every time it appears (SS)
-Taking the Iron Boots on and off in original Ocarina of Time Water Temple (OoT)
-Watching the cutscenes (SS)
-Collecting the Triforce Shards, and, by extension, filling the pocket of Tingle the wannabe Fairy (TWW)
-Collecting the figurines (TMC)
-The final part of the Biggoron Sword Sidequest (OoT)

I'm sure there are more than I listed above, but they aren'tcoming to mind at the moment, ha.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I definitely hated the Triforce Quest in WW and revisiting the Skyview Temple in SS. While I like the idea of returning to dungeons, the way it was executed in SS was just atrocious and should never have been in the game to start with. I don't think I need to go into detail on the Triforce Quest.

I would say the Song of the Hero Quest, but I that's more along the lines of how it was executed. I absolutely adore the individual portions themselves, as they're very well-designed and fit with the themes of Power, Wisdom, and Courage. So it's more like a love/hate relationship with this one.

Last edited:

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
TP, finding light bugs
TP fighting those stupid twlighty guards that have to die in 1 move or else they scream and get better.

WW, I actually enjoyed the Triforce Hunt, but I hated who when i'm sailing random things would want to attack me, can't I just enjoy the ride in peace?

MM, the first 3 days

OoT, Listening to the Owl, and I guess I didn't like the stuff just before the Dodongo's Cavern.

LTTP, everything before the first dungeon.

Oracle of Ages, that impossible Goron Dance.
Oracle of Seasons, going to the temple of seasons.

Links Awakening, That section with the monkey and the guy with the vineyard.

Legend of Zelda : The whole game to be honest
Links Adventure : The walk to the great temple.

Minish Cap, idk, the fusion stones was kinda annoying.

PH Temple of the Ocean King
ST, probably same thing for that tower if i ever play it.

Last edited:

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
The Song of the Hero quest drove me insane, as did the constant returning to the Temple of the Ocean King (PH) and the Tower of Spirits (ST). I suppose the Tower of Spirits wasn't as bad as the Ocean King temple because you didn't have to go through the entire thing again, but it was still pretty annoying.

the tears I shed when I found out about the Triforce quest (WW).. good god.
it's safe to say I loath tingle now.

SpiritGerudo

Flamey-o, Hotman!
How about every mandatory tutorial? Especially the TP sword tutorial. The SS tutorial sucked too, but at least there it didn't FORCE you to do all of those moves with the sword, you could just walk out. Other than the ridiculous tutorials, bringing the Sol back to the Twili in TP sucks too. Still haven't done it.

boyrobot22

PhAnToMgUArDiAn
The Triforce Hunt in Wind Waker... was.... just... oh my god. It took forever trying to get enough money so I could even translate them. The Temple of the Ocean King from PH was just horrible. The Tower of Spirits was okay I guess, because I liked the fact that you could control Zelda, but it was pretty much the same as PH.

The Temple of the Ocean King ruined the entire game for me in Phantom Hourglass, it is the worst thing in any Zelda title bar none, the temple of spirits isn't that bad considering you don't have to repeat everything and you don't have a time limit.

Though I really didn't enjoy the TadTone collecting (even though it was a nice change of pace) in SS, or the hide and seek with the Kikwis (because it broke the pacing that the introduction had put in place). Aside form that though i can't really think of anything else, I'm not going to say the Triforce quest in WW because i really didn't mind that, WW was too much of a wonderful game for me to hate. Just looking at it makes me smile so playing it will get no negativity from me in terms of enjoyment. =]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom