• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Making a Trading Thread

Kybyrian

When making a thread to offer your own Pokemon or breeding services, try to follow an organized template that lets people know what you are offering and what you want for it. Trade threads are used to organize all trades made by one person. You may request an extensive list of Pokemon and list what Pokemon you are offering in a trade thread. Simple, quick trades belong in the Quick Trade Thread.

1. Create a list of the Pokemon you are offering
2. Let people know whether you accept breeding requests
3. Make sure you list the amount of EVs they have, what moves they have, level, etc. etc. [See Below]
4. Let people know what you are accepting for trade
5. Hacks are your policy - you may trade LEGITIMATE hacks only and must specify that it is a hack. The same goes with both traders.
6. Create only one thread

This is how your Pokemon information should be lain out:

Shiny (if applicable) Pokemon Name @ Held Item (if applicable)
Pokemon Ability
Pokemon Nature
OT / Trainer ID
IVs (if applicable): HP/Atk/Def/SpAtk/SpDef/Spe
EVs (if applicable): HP/Atk/Def/SpAtk/SpDef/Spe (Specify)
Moveset
- Move 1
- Move 2
- Move 3
- Move 4

OT = Original Trainer (Trainer name in summary)
Trainer ID = ID # in summary
IVs = Individual Values (these are hidden, see this thread for more information)
EVs = Effort Values - Omit 0 values - Say "UT" if the Pokemon has never battled (See this thread for more information. If unknown, leave blank)

Examples:

Shiny Lugia @ Leftovers
Pressure
Calm
Kybyrian / 13728
IVs: 29/31/30/29/20/24 (alternate: 29HP/31ATK/30DEF/29SPATK/20SPDEF/24SPE)
EVs: 252HP/64DEF/192SPE
Moveset:
- Reflect
- Roost
- Toxic
- Ice Beam

Last edited:

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Ah, I forgot dude. When you asked me about that format, I should have specified Gender as an additional Option.

My bad.

Also, I think we should have a blacklist in case any member here will break any trade rules. Just sayin.

MarkaenShoque92

Hero of Hoenn
What do you need to in order to trade over a long distance (friend codes and other similar technological doo-dads)? I have yet to trade with someone in Pokemon outside of being in the same room, so I have no idea what information I need. Also, where do you find these things?

Kybyrian

What do you need to in order to trade over a long distance (friend codes and other similar technological doo-dads)? I have yet to trade with someone in Pokemon outside of being in the same room, so I have no idea what information I need. Also, where do you find these things?

You need someone's friend code to be able to trade with them. In a Pokemon Center in your game you can talk to a lady at the counter downstairs (in most games) to get a Pal Pad. In the Pal Pad, you'll be able to see your own friend code after connecting once to Nintendo Wi-Fi (once again in the basement of the Pokemon Center). You can also register other people's friend codes here. Both players need to have each others' friend codes to be able to trade or battle together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom