• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Vs Fierce Diety Mask

Ok i do not have no evidence on this but i ran across something that i cannot find on the interwebs anymore and i was wondering if someone knows or could help find information on this.

I ran across a post saying that Majora was a god and was sealed in the mask AT the same time that 'Fierce Deity' was. the person went on to say that the theroy is majora and FD were in a conflict where majora was that good side (they pulled a quote that the moon child with majora's mask said but i cannot remember it) and FD was the evil side and they ended up exhusting their powers and cursed each other thus turning into maks which is why the moonchild wants you to 'recreate' the struggle by using the mask.

is there anyone who could clarify this?

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Let's play good guys against
bad guys...
Yes. Let's play that.

Are you ready?
You're the bad guy.
And when you're bad, you just
run. That's fine, right?
It's the equivalent of a game of "tag", and [Oni] Link is "it".

The idea that Majora was sealed in the mask is merely inferred from what we know of other masks - that they hold the souls of the dead. "They hold the souls of the dead, and when the mask is worn it changes the form of the wearer into that being’s appearance." -Hyrule Historia
I'd argue that Majora's Mask is a different case, at least because Skull Kid isn't transformed into Majora when he wears the mask.

Claiming that the Fierce Deity was also sealed in its mask, and at the same time as Majora, and as a result of a conflict between the two, is a huge leap.

I always thought that Majora's spirit was "banished" into the mask and that's why Skull Kid didn't turn into Majora. And Link's transformation masks were created by the mysterious power of the song of healing, and their whole intire life was incased in that mask. Now I'm questioning myself. :(

It's the equivalent of a game of "tag", and [Oni] Link is "it".

The idea that Majora was sealed in the mask is merely inferred from what we know of other masks - that they hold the souls of the dead. "They hold the souls of the dead, and when the mask is worn it changes the form of the wearer into that being’s appearance." -Hyrule Historia
I'd argue that Majora's Mask is a different case, at least because Skull Kid isn't transformed into Majora when he wears the mask.

Claiming that the Fierce Deity was also sealed in its mask, and at the same time as Majora, and as a result of a conflict between the two, is a huge leap.

well thank you for that clarification. i have not read all of hyrule historia so i prolly should have first but thank you for finding that quote i was looking for

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom