• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Majoras Mask Parodox

New Link

Link's Reincarnation
Ok so after playing Majora's Mask over and over again, I thought of something quite odd. Well If Link Plays the Song of Time and goes back in time does everything go back in time of just Link? If it's just Link going back in time then isn't he leaving the time he came from to be crushed by the moon. To clarify if Link goes back in time (only him) the time he was in has no one to save them therefor that time string or whatever you want to call it gets crushed by the moon. So what we do is make time line over time line over time line to be crushed by the moon, and saving only one time in the end? =\ Does this theory make any scense? ( if all time resets then it wouldn't)

Garo

Boy Wonder
Ok so after playing Majora's Mask over and over again, I thought of something quite odd. Well If Link Plays the Song of Time and goes back in time does everything go back in time of just Link? If it's just Link going back in time then isn't he leaving the time he came from to be crushed by the moon. To clarify if Link goes back in time (only him) the time he was in has no one to save them therefor that time string or whatever you want to call it gets crushed by the moon. So what we do is make time line over time line over time line to be crushed by the moon, and saving only one time in the end? =\ Does this theory make any scense? ( if all time resets then it wouldn't)

There is a different theory that rather than send Link back in time, playing the Song of Time rewinds it; that is to say, it undoes everything that was done in those three days, but Link remembers and keeps anything he acquired. It's the same universe, same timeline, just rewound and restarted.

It's like a VHS tape - you watch a movie, then rewind it and watch it again, but you remember the movie because you've already watched it.

Well, this all depends on if you are thinking of the possibility of multiple realities existing while some of theme are destroyed, just ending altogether. There is no way to prove it, but it is a fun theory to think about. Now if all time reset, wouldn't the other people realize that time had just reversed, just like Link does? Either way, this could lead to an... interesting.... discussion. Food for thought.

New Link

Link's Reincarnation
Yes I know, but if it doesn't "rewind" then we are just leaving all those people to die, but I was just saying as more food for thought but it is a possibility.

Maikeru

Piper of Time
No, what had happened was, the bank dude used his magical awesome banking powers in those time streams to keep the moon from falling to the Earth. You see, the bank man is a different Link, a substitute Link for each time Link doesn't stop the moon from destroying crap. So, instead, the bank man is stopping the Skull Kid each and every time. Now, that's for real man. There's a spin off coming out, The Legend of the Bank Dude: Stop That Moon! Available next July. Also, the postman is his sidekick which explains why he's so awesome.

Nah really though, no matter what way you slice it, it's kind of illogical either way. For instance, how can Link lose all of his items on him, but keep all of his rupees in the bank? The bank man in each time stream never should have acquired rupees from Link. It's just one of those "Just a game" situations. Majora's Mask has a lot of food for thought, much like right now I have a desire for a lot of food for my stomach.

New Link

Link's Reincarnation
I think the banker knows how much money you have because do you remember at the beginning of the game he puts a "stamp" on you, well maybe he puts a new stamp on everytime with a number on it or something.

I think the banker knows how much money you have because do you remember at the beginning of the game he puts a "stamp" on you, well maybe he puts a new stamp on everytime with a number on it or something.
But then how would he be able to give you rupees when the ones that you 'deposited' were realistically no longer there, according to your theory of going by stamp #? Curious...

The Zelda games, particularly Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, often lead us to the realm of science...vs. science-fiction. I believe there exist (I can't remember the name of it for the life of me. :S) a theory of parallel universes. Some versions of the theory suggest that a universe exists for every possibility. For example: What would happen if I had decided NOT to respond to this thread? According to said theory, having not done so could lead to an entirely different set of events with each one set in its very own universe. Moreover, there is an infinite amount of different choices I could have made that would result in an infinite number of other sets events; with each set occurring in its own "universe." Hence, the infinite universes.

There's so much more to this, but I'll just wrap things up for now. Also, you might want to check this out if it's important: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCIQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FMultiverse&ei=CRNLToqFDOTosQLqoLSiCA&usg=AFQjCNHE6BXfvuqPs4V8wOJduoWe2dDCuA Sure, it's a Wikipedia article, but it is quite informative and I'm sure it is accurate, for what it's worth...

Oh, and the rupee bank thing is just a gameplay mechanic. It is a separate entity, entirely, from the 3-Day mechanic, and the game itself. It is just one of the many "conveniences" implemented into the game to make things a bit easier. :yes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Fullmetal

The Spy-Sniper Combo
I suppose that would be what you call strands of time, which are basicly the same worlds but different realities where different events happen. So technically, yes, the reality you just ended would still be crushed by the moon, but you would continue to progress.

ComposerBrother

Composer of Hyrule
*brain explodes*
I try to avoid time travel in my everyday life whenever I can, but the chance comes up so often. :P

I think link essentially goes back in time and loses the stuff he didn't have back then, except the ocarina and masks cuz they see to be eternal?

I like Lone Wolf's way of putting it (even if he didn't get that I'd already said it, no offense). But it does kind of remove from the awe of the game to start questioning it like this. For instance, some people (not all, please don't hate on me for saying this) will think that if you just let the game be awesome, as it were, that it would be better than questioning how it worked. Then there are those people who say it's just a game. I don't like those people. Not saying names, but this is a thread talking about theories, so please try to show respect for those of us who would like to theorize in our own way. Thank you. Dark Link out, Peace!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom