• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Magic Shield?

look at the shield and the shield meter. the meter is extremely short evan more so then the early wooden shield, yet the shield looks rather advanced. the color of the shield and the meter is light purple which is often associated with magic. it has been said that different shield types will have different abilities and weaknesses, and there might be a chance that this shield posses magical powers but it is very weak to psychical damage.
what do you think?

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Very possible, But I think i'll modify my equipment after which dungeon I'm going too.
i.e:

If I'm going to the Gerudo desert where there are many sorcerres and witches then I'll bring my nifty little magic shield, If I'm going to Death Mountain where there are fire monsters and blazing fires then I'll bring my metal shield.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Yeah, I think it's like the Hylian shield only it can't take as many hits...

Did anyone else notice that the Bokoblins had bows and arrows?

i noticed. it looks like he beat the dungeon before and he came back for something. the boss door is already open, the Bokoblins are more advanced and there is a bomb on the giant tree(!)

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~

I did not, but since there are no signs of Bulbins in this game the Bokoblins can serve that purpose as well. The Bokoblins in this game seem to be quite diverse with what weaponry they carry and the actions they can perform. I've seen swords, clubs and axes being wielded, also the thing where the bokoblin steps on your hand if you climb up a ledge is pretty cool. There is a Zombified variety too which I have no idea how they go about attacking you I think it was you came up with the unnoficial name of Zomboblins earlier for them.

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
It's a completely different branch of shield, and the short bar means it's stronger than both wooden and iron shields but is still the weakest upgrade of the new purple shield.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
If Caelus didn't post what he posted:
It could likely be a magic shield, though we don't know.

The yellow meter is to match the shield color theme and give a "special" feeling to it.

I think that different colors means different scales of resistence, so that the shield resistance may vary a lot from one branch to another, but without making them have huge meters on the hud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom