• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia Round 3 (Game Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Mafia always starts out awkward. Generally the trick is to not post and wait for people to slip up. :P

I've heard constant statements about people saying "oh, it's the first day we can't know anything for sure", and they've always been the suspicious types. There's not such thing as being sure in Mafia. No matter how sure you are it's still only theory. Nonetheless, random lynching is incredibly ********. ;)

AwesomeLink86

Link is awesome!!
Yes, Mafia always starts out awkward. Generally the trick is to not post and wait for people to slip up. :P

However, if everybody did this, nobody would post and we wouldn't get anywhere. We have to keep the discussion going. The mafia can't slip up if they don't talk so everyone needs to contribute. Maybe some general questions for everybody are in order:

1. How do you feel about lynching the "village idiots" aka people who we think are town but who are really bad at playing the game and are not helpful to the town at all?

2. And how do you feel about lynching the "lurkers" people who rarely post at all and only post to avoid modkill?

My answer to the first question is only in the earlier days of the game when it's worth the risk. Later in the game we'll have more to lose. For the second question, an alternative would be to rather ask them questions to get them to add to discussions. If they are town, in would be in their best interest for them to answer the questions fully. If they don't, then it might be a sign that they are scum and are laying low. That would be the only case where I would support a lynch for a lurker.

Hanyou

didn't build that
Nonetheless, random lynching is incredibly ********. ;)

Yeah, pretty much.

I never quite get why people think it's okay to randomly choose someone to lynch early in the game, when odds are that person's not mafia. We may not be able to be 100% sure at the beginning, but the fact is we're not 100% sure at any point in the game.

There's no rush. Wait it out, see who's suspicious and who's not. Odds are, those who are rushing to lynch are the ones who have the most to lose by waiting. But since random lynching is popular, even that isn't a sure sign.

I like the new role.

However, if everybody did this, nobody would post and we wouldn't get anywhere. We have to keep the discussion going. The mafia can't slip up if they don't talk so everyone needs to contribute. Maybe some general questions for everybody are in order:

1. How do you feel about lynching the "village idiots" aka people who we think are town but who are really bad at playing the game and are not helpful to the town at all?

2. And how do you feel about lynching the "lurkers" people who rarely post at all and only post to avoid modkill?
Fair point, I'm just saying it's generally pretty smart to wait a few posts. ;)

Simple. Both of those are dangerous wildcards. I would most likely single them out as suspicious people.

Elfen last game was very nuts, and even though I was 99% sure he was Townie, I pushed for him to be lynched. He was dangerous, townie or otherwise. Since he was so weird, there was not way to be sure either way, so he was a liability.

The lurkers are either people who don't have enough time to play, or they are scum trying to lay low. This is a pretty good scumtell, actually, from my experience. Again, there's a high enough chance of them being scum that it's not really safe to say we can't kill them.

Obviously both of these things rely on how extremely they practice either of your two points, as well as what the person's general behavior is. But in general they're pretty dangerous.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin

1. If we think they're town, why lynch them? Don't lynch a person unless they're a threat or a potential threat, and by that I mean either a suspected scum or a chaos starter (examples of chaos starters from last game, Elfen and Ats. Granted Elfen was innocent, but he didn't seem like he'd contribute much in the post quality department, and Ats was guilty, so that worked nicely).

2. The way I see it, lurkers are usually two kinds of people. One, they are scum trying to lie low, and thus need to get killed. Two, they are just people who are either not motivated or don't have the time to look through the thread, thus they don't post more than needed to avoid saying anything stupid and drawing attention to themselves. These people may be harmless, maybe not, but either way they aren't contributing, and there's not much danger in lynching them off. Whether such a course of action is recommended or not is debatable, but I think it's a low risk tactic, since we're either getting rid of scum or someone that doesn't contribute anyways. idk, those are my thoughts on the matter at any rate.

Jetter

Type to myself in silence
Intensne As Mafia can get, this round is starting out good. A Mafia game has lurkers And "village idiots" like awesomelink said. i Find lurkers are sometimes forgotten and are expected to be modkilled. "village Idiots" are, well, sometimes ignored,but After they say something that can affect everything they are usually watched.

I feel that the way to tell if these "villiage idiots" are scum or not is to read all of their posts in the game thread. If they are scum and go around posting so much, they are bound to let something slip eventually. If all of their posts are, for lack of a better word, spam, then there is a good chance they are just townies.

Din Akera

Sniper

My answer to the first question is only in the earlier days of the game when it's worth the risk. Later in the game we'll have more to lose. For the second question, an alternative would be to rather ask them questions to get them to add to discussions. If they are town, in would be in their best interest for them to answer the questions fully. If they don't, then it might be a sign that they are scum and are laying low. That would be the only case where I would support a lynch for a lurker.

I like this plan, something meaningful to post.

1) I think lynching them works against us. Numbers is what counts the most in this game. Number of townie vs number of scum. The more on the townie team, the better.

2) I mostly see this a a random stab in the dark. Lynching simply because the are inactive is a bad idea imo, again choking up numbers. But if there is other suspicousness about them, i think it is a great move.

The only thing about these two types of people are that both are a waste of a lynch if there is no real evidence. Gives the mafia a free kill, which we all experienced to much in the last game.

Kirino

Tatakae
I really hate my role.Oh well.I better not get killed at the beggining this time.Lets answer the questions then.

1)Well,I think the people who would act this way are either incredibly bad at the game,or aren't taking the game seriously.Those are both most likely to be townie,so I don't think it's a good idea.

2)Being inactive alone isn't grounds for a lynch,but it can be used as evidence,and put someone under suspicion.So no,unless you have more evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom