• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia Lineages Game Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
Once again we are left with very little info from the night scene. Only this time no one died.

I just got into this game, but from reading the previous scenes I have three guys I'm suspicious of: Jamie, Pendio, and Storm. Pendio in particular based on his current play style. I don't know why, but there's something about his posts that seem like he is hiding something. This is just based on my gut so I can't really give evidence. I'll go back and read through his posts again.

Jamie is suspicious to me because of his lack of aggressiveness at the moment. From what I've seen he usually tries to attack more. Of course, he could be trying to mix it up, but I thought I add my thoughts.

Storm just seems scummy to me. Haha sorry, can't really explain it.

Two things. 1) I believe he asked this first night, right? Almost as if he's trying to pry info out. 2) any reason for voting Jamie?

I agree with almost everything that was said here, except I would replace Pendio with LittleGumball.

What all three of these players have in common this game is that they are desperate for town credibility. LG has admittedly held her cards closest to her chest, but I'm instinctively bothered by someone who tries to provoke suspicion of me right before the end of the day. This goes all the way back to FMA: Brotherhood mafia in 2012 where Garo tried to pull a sneaky lynch on me, but I was able to overturn it and expose the Godfather in the process. Of course that reasoning can fail, as what happened with Viral in the Mafia Revival Game Thread, but I still think it's rather scummy to cast doubt on someone for being proactive and trying to shed some light on another role when barely anything is known due to the actions of a janitor on night 1.

For Jamie, it was a pretty convenient way to gain town credibility by saying not to lynch Mido at L-1, and then saying he believed Mido after he posted. This makes me believe that Frozen Chosen, who has stepped in to replace Mido, is town, while Jamie is scum trying to come off as town. If Mido was lynched, it would have made Jamie seem like a voice of reason trying to stand against a potential townie lynch. All of his other posts are safe replies that note the cons of the claiming culture.

Last but not least, I remain suspicious of Storm after his assertion that I am not suspicious. Once again, it seems like an attempt by a mafia member to gain town credibility. Due to my own most recent night PM, I have reason to believe that Storm could not have legitimately known I was town for certain during Day 2.

I will look back at past games to see if Pendio might be suspicious, but he seems to be playing fairly similar to TF2 Mafia where he was town. Then again, Pendio is known for being incredibly consistent in his playstyle regardless of his alignment. @kokirion, since you went in-depth about Pendio in TF2 Mafia, what do you think about his play this time arond?

Pen

The game is on!
Wow, this game sure takes long to get started. It is a shame since it is such a small game. While the night scene did not give us much information, it was still a good thing that we did not lose any Townies. As ALIT pointed out, it makes sense that the Town Roleblocker might have been able to block the night killer from killing tonight (and I would say that this night killer would most likely have to be with the Mafia). Of course I do not wish for the Roleblocker to claim, but perhaps if he or she would try pushing for a lynch on the player they targeted last night. I think we have a good chance there. Also, another good thing about an eventless night like this is that the Town's investigative roles such as the Cop or the potential Watcher most likely got some results for free in a way, seeing as the Mafia did not get anything done.

Pendio in particular based on his current play style. I don't know why, but there's something about his posts that seem like he is hiding something. This is just based on my gut so I can't really give evidence.

You really seem to be grasping at straws. Not only with your accusation on me, but with both others as well. I guess I could pretty easily imagine Storm being scum, but I have not noticed anything suspicious at all about Jamie. You say I seem to be hiding something. Well, yes I am hiding something. We are all hiding our roles as well as the perks that might come with it. We want to have the upper hand over the Mafia so we should not give everything away. While I do indeed encourage openness in the discussion during the day, I still think that every player needs to keep certain pieces of information to themselves, not only because we cannot all role claim, but also in order to make sure the Mafia does not know more than we do.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
My last replies covered everything I needed to say. Like I said before the end of the last day, I indicated that it was okay for the cop to investigate me, and I have reason to believe that occurred.
okay but like idk it all feels very vague, what cards am i holding close to my chest? And also this bit:

I'm instinctively bothered by someone who tries to provoke suspicion of me right before the end of the day

isn't this exactly what you did? You literally cast a vote with intent to lynch someone other than Mido 24 hours before the end of the day, why not anytime before that if you were suspicious? Why was there a difference between Mido (who you did not vote for) and Pokalink?

Another thing, what makes you so suspicious of Storm trusting you? Isn't it possible to get non-scum vibes from someone no matter how early it may or may not be in the game? I'm very confused.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
LittleGumball said:
okay but like idk it all feels very vague, what cards am i holding close to my chest?

What I meant was that if you are part of a scum team with Storm and Jamie, you are playing it a lot safer than they are. Granted, that hinges on whether or not my analysis is correct.

On an unrelated note, I'm wary of people who make lots of early posts to gain town credence after Deku used that strategy as scum in Mafia Revival.

LittleGumball said:
isn't this exactly what you did? You literally cast a vote with intent to lynch someone other than Mido 24 hours before the end of the day, why not anytime before that if you were suspicious? Why was there a difference between Mido (who you did not vote for) and Pokalink?

I was not on during Mido's lynch, except to tell him, after people started unvoting, not to claim the next day unless he hit scum or third party. I decided to vote for PokaLink because he had not contributed anything substantive at the time. A lynch is always better than a no lynch for the town, and I decided killing an inactive would be better than killing someone who still might contribute later on. There was still roughly a full irl day left in the game day when I cast my vote, while your post was made after twilight.

LittleGumball said:
Another thing, what makes you so suspicious of Storm trusting you? Isn't it possible to get non-scum vibes from someone no matter how early it may or may not be in the game? I'm very confused.

The reason I am suspicious of Storm for saying that is because he listed off inactives, while excluding me even though I had only made two posts at the time, neither of which contributed anything meaningful to the game. Given what I now know, I find it doubtful Storm is a cop, and I know that he's not a mason or a lover with me.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
What I meant was that if you are part of a scum team with Storm and Jamie, you are playing it a lot safer than they are.
actually i've been playing some awful h*ck this game i haven't even kicked it into low gear let alone high gear
I'm wary of people who make lots of early posts to gain town credence
idk if you mean me but yo i literally post constantly because i have no life but potato
your post was made after twilight
i'm paranoid of dying without posting my suspicions. you know, since i'm too experienced to live and all =^^^^)

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
Well, that night scene barely told us anything. I can only assume the roleblocker was successful, since the doctor is dead. I am a little suspicious of LG at the start of this day for how aggressively she went after me at the end of the last day. It would have been foolish for me to start a lynch that would make me a prime target for the cop and for suspicion the next day if I were mafia.
Actually, I think there are 3 possible explanations:
- a succesful roleblocker
- someone with a currently active protection-ability
- an inactive mafia group

Especially don't underestimate that last option. Viral Maze lengthened the night. Why? Did he need more time to write the scenes etc., or did the mafia not yet submit their actions? Perhaps they never did and so nothing significant happened last night. We won't know for sure until after the game, but that too might just be key info about possible mafia members...

I agree with almost everything that was said here, except I would replace Pendio with LittleGumball.

What all three of these players have in common this game is that they are desperate for town credibility. LG has admittedly held her cards closest to her chest, but I'm instinctively bothered by someone who tries to provoke suspicion of me right before the end of the day. This goes all the way back to FMA: Brotherhood mafia in 2012 where Garo tried to pull a sneaky lynch on me, but I was able to overturn it and expose the Godfather in the process. Of course that reasoning can fail, as what happened with Viral in the Mafia Revival Game Thread, but I still think it's rather scummy to cast doubt on someone for being proactive and trying to shed some light on another role when barely anything is known due to the actions of a janitor on night 1.

For Jamie, it was a pretty convenient way to gain town credibility by saying not to lynch Mido at L-1, and then saying he believed Mido after he posted. This makes me believe that Frozen Chosen, who has stepped in to replace Mido, is town, while Jamie is scum trying to come off as town. If Mido was lynched, it would have made Jamie seem like a voice of reason trying to stand against a potential townie lynch. All of his other posts are safe replies that note the cons of the claiming culture.

Last but not least, I remain suspicious of Storm after his assertion that I am not suspicious. Once again, it seems like an attempt by a mafia member to gain town credibility. Due to my own most recent night PM, I have reason to believe that Storm could not have legitimately known I was town for certain during Day 2.

I will look back at past games to see if Pendio might be suspicious, but he seems to be playing fairly similar to TF2 Mafia where he was town. Then again, Pendio is known for being incredibly consistent in his playstyle regardless of his alignment. @kokirion, since you went in-depth about Pendio in TF2 Mafia, what do you think about his play this time arond?
I notice a lot of people are suspicious of Pendio, Jamie and Gumball.
In all honesty, my gut feeling says Pendio is town this time. It's a bit hard to back that up properly, I'll note down for myself to thoroughly look through his posts again as soon as I have some time on my hands.
In TF2 I was indeed very suspicious of him. But rather, I am always wary of Pendio. We have 2 different kinds of playstyles that sometimes conflict. But TF2 also made look back at past games, and made me realise we practically have a conflict every game. If you know that you are naturally more inclined to find someone scummy, it makes no sense to keep analysing it the same way if you genuinely want to understand the game. For that reason I am trying to be a bit more careful in my analyses about Pendio. For now he was actually on my pro-town list. He's been playing quite calm, I like that he both always did give his thoughts yet did not necessarily jump on any accusations or acted hastily. To me it felt that he was also not pushed to act like this, but rather that he showed this kind of behaviour because he was genuine.
I don't want to exclude the possibility that he is scum, if he is he's doing a fair job, at least he would have manipulated me well, but I like to say I'm willing to trust him for now.

I have a somewhat similar opinion about Gumball. She does is playing a bit aggressive, but from my knowledge of Gumball that's rather a town tell. That's rather her genuinely trying to achieve things during the day. She wouldn't need to if she was mafia so I would never say that based on this argument alone she's likely to be scum.

I don't feel like Gumball and Pendio are scum. I'm more pro-town about Pendio, but not negative about any of them. Keep in mind that we're only with 10 left. If 4 more townies die, it will be game over. It may look as if the fact that no townie died last night is a good thing, but it might very well be the opposite. If a townie had died we'd be left with 9. Similarly the mafia would have needed to survive 2 lynches. The only difference is that in the current situation they will also need that second night to win. But if a townie had died last night, then at the second day probably only 7 people would be left. Ironically, it's probably harder for them to blend in in that situation compared to the current scenario. And as I said, they need to avoid the same amount of days.
I want to be very careful with who I'm going to vote for today, because if we hit town again, probably we only have 1 chance left tomorrow. I'm not excluding the possibility that Gumball and Pendio are scum, but I just feel like we're off track here. And lynching them to find this out would be a stupid waste of a valuable day. I'd say we keep them alive, at least for now.

I have a different opinion about Jamie. I agree with Frozen Chosen that his sudden lack of aggressiveness is a bit peculiar. It might be due to various unrelated reasons, but noticing things like this can sometimes coincidentally completely nail down scum. It is far too early right now to vote for him, I will do my research on him, and perhaps I will even change my opinion when I have looked through all his exact posts, but I do am keeping him in mind. I currently do not trust him.

The reason I am suspicious of Storm for saying that is because he listed off inactives, while excluding me even though I had only made two posts at the time, neither of which contributed anything meaningful to the game. Given what I now know, I find it doubtful Storm is a cop, and I know that he's not a mason or a lover with me.
Ironically, in my own observations, I noted down that if either Storm or you is scum you're likely to be a team. I think Storm is capable of removing his scum mates from his suspicion list while failing to see this might be noticed by others. No hard feelings there, but I did/do not exclude that. I am a little bit confused now that you're so actively bringing this up. It makes me think it's not super likely that he accidentily revealed his scum mate. At the other hand, you're a clever player, if this happened you must've noticed this yourself as well, so maybe your intense attention towards it might be an attempt to remove your tracks.
To summerise this. I too think it's not impossible that this was a slip up from Storm. But, IF it is a slip up and he really is scum, the 2 of you are in a team together. If you're not in a team together I think it simply didn't mean anything. Maybe he just did not think you looked scummy and removed you from his list without explanation. Wouldn't surprise me either.

Pen

The game is on!

I find it pretty surprising to see you this protective of Storm this game. I do not want to vote for you for this reason alone though, but I am starting to suspect that the two of you might be scum together. I mostly just wanted to point this out so the thought does not get lots.

Ironically, in my own observations, I noted down that if either Storm or you is scum you're likely to be a team. I think Storm is capable of removing his scum mates from his suspicion list while failing to see this might be noticed by others. No hard feelings there, but I did/do not exclude that. I am a little bit confused now that you're so actively bringing this up. It makes me think it's not super likely that he accidentily revealed his scum mate. At the other hand, you're a clever player, if this happened you must've noticed this yourself as well, so maybe your intense attention towards it might be an attempt to remove your tracks.

I like what you are saying here. I also think there is a good chance for Storm and ALIT to be scum together. I am not feeling this suspicion super strongly, but I think it is definitely worth keeping in mind.

Looking at what I have written in this post I have been able to find two hypothetical scum pairs, both of which include Storm. I am not saying this makes him automatically scum, but I do think there is a good chance, and I would say that right now Storm is the player that I suspect the most. He also has not been contributing very much to the Town't discussion, so that does not really help him either.

Tell me, Storm, who are your main suspects as off right now, and why? I would also like to hear an explanation from you at to why you are voting for Jamie.

Seems like we are all present, but not for a lack of trying," the Moderator said with a smile. "I wish you knew what I knew, but alas, that is for the very end. Let us begin in earnest!"

I think based on the night scene something happened last night that stopped scum from killing. I could see a lack of activity, but Viral's words "not for a lack of trying" seem to indicate that the town did something. Maybe I'm looking into to it too much.

You really seem to be grasping at straws. Not only with your accusation on me, but with both others as well.

Yeah, these accusations are all gut feelings I got from reading the game thread. Honestly, I have no proof, other than playstyle, but that is what my gut is telling me.

I would be down with a Storm lynch, but I want to hear why he voted for Jamie off the bat. Or at least a better reason.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy

Especially don't underestimate that last option. Viral Maze lengthened the night. Why? Did he need more time to write the scenes etc., or did the mafia not yet submit their actions? Perhaps they never did and so nothing significant happened last night. We won't know for sure until after the game, but that too might just be key info about possible mafia members...

That's a very real possibility, though I'm inclined to believe that they were roleblocked based on Viral's scene. Of course, if they were then our role blocker should keep targeting them.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Im going to bed. Ill write something more coherent in the morning. Love you guys. Good night

Tell me, Storm, who are your main suspects as off right now, and why? I would also like to hear an explanation from you at to why you are voting for Jamie.

Okay. So Here is How the List Looks

Pendio
Storm

Malon-House Falcon (Courier,Tracker)
A Link in Time
Toxic Snowman

PokaLink-House Bear ( Doctor,Executioner)
Jamie
Kokirion

Dekunut-???(Possible SK(More than likely))(Washed)
LittleGumball
Johnny Sooshi
Kirino
Frozen Chosen

Day 2 was full of Inactive voting. first with VerGAGG ( Now Soul(Now Kirino)), then Mido(Now FroCho) who told us to give him one more night to do something, and for all we know, he didn't.

Fro Cho, you're his House's Rep this time, what say you on this matter?

and Then Pokalink, who was kind of a curveball in-between town and 3rd party.

I don't give a **** about soft claiming and hard claiming and the like. We have to work together to cut out our cancers.

getting to Pendio's query:

I am feeling some suspicion on Jamie. maybe Jamie and Fro Cho are scumbuds, and that is why he tried to save him last day. I mean Jamie is a veteran in the Biz, and One of The Mods for it all with our Boi Johnny Sooshi. like LG-chan said earlier, not much to go on. also I love how you guys are pairing me with People.... I'm just a guy slammed with work, so I'm not posting as much as previous games. I will attempt to give substance in concurrent posts.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
EBWODP:
forgive the color of the post. I just know some of you use The Lost Woods or that Yellow Theme, and White isn't readable, though it is here on Nayru

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom