• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Mafia Emblem Gaiden: Scum of Valentia

Status
Not open for further replies.

funnier6

Courage~
We know funnier has received innocent checks on both Frozen Chosen and A Link in Time
Assuming the information is true, the mafia mechanically have to be between me, doc, and SMS. If any of funnier's cop checks got redirected, it's probably frozen chosen's, because Krow ended up being mafia (and therefore knew the mafia's roles) but mathematically it's probably safe to lynch the three of us before frozen chosen.

there are 6 alive today, if we hit a townie then the game ends tonight simple as that. I have no clue what we can do to avoid this, but operating on the information I have, we can't afford to lynch me today. From my point of view SMS and doc always have to be the scum (barring redirection shenanigans) and from SMS' point of view it's me and doc. I think everyone can agree that doc doesn't get a say since he's been gone, and that SMS and I are pretty much incompatible. The difference between this instance and funnier's instance is that there isn't a dichotomy that needs to be resolved (funnier vs krow is highly likely to be scum) - in this instance it's simply a PoE and we can lynch anyone inside the PoE (as long as they're a wolf because the numbers lol). So there's the difference, and the reason why putting it off wouldn't actually BE a bad idea @A Link In Time as we are still lynching inside the PoE and not really putting anything off. I'm suggesting a different, more pro-town order. Hope that makes sense.

Since funnier roleclaimed I can't really do that, and claiming my true role wouldn't really keep me alive either (considering doc's claim didn't keep him alive, I'm guessing yall too bloodthirsty to change your mind regardless), but I think I can say even if we do lynch a townie (i.e. funnier's information is wrong), keeping me alive has a chance to not immediately end the game overnight. Which brings me to my next point, we should consider a no lynch today. It's the safest option we have, since it gives us one more night of town actions and has a high chance of reward putting us in a better spot for tomorrow with low risk. I hadn't actually done the math, but I don't think we can afford to lynch me today, especially since we've seen the vigi die, it's unlikely that there is another one, and given that all nightkills have gone through, there probably isn't a true doctor in this game either.

We really can't afford to take the risk. Either no lynch or doc, even voting for SMS from your guys' POV is more risky than these two options.
I’d just like to ignore all these mathy blah blah reasons and say I personally feel like lynching Doc is the best choice of the three of them. Though Moe, lynching town won’t end the game today. If there are 2 scum in 7 players we still have one more day.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
ZD Champion
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
claiming my true role wouldn't really keep me alive either (considering doc's claim didn't keep him alive, I'm guessing yall too bloodthirsty to change your mind regardless),

keeping me alive has a chance to not immediately end the game overnight.

but I don't think we can afford to lynch me today, especially since we've seen the vigi die, it's unlikely that there is another one,

You expect me to believe you just refrained from doing any night actions, or that from Night 1 onward you've been roleblocked?

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
ZD Champion
I haven't had any available night actions until last night, but I got a day phase activation that allows me to use a night phase action
it's not technically RNG, but it sure ended up being random regardless and it sure sounds random

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
ZD Champion
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
And in order for this notion to even work the whole idea of a bus driver would have to be in play again. That, or Funnier fakeclaimed. Niether of which are valid scenarios at this point I think. Krow's claim was hot air, and the notion of a bus driver feels contrived to me. Matter of fact I think Moe was one of the first players to sow that idea, I'll have to look back on that tho.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
ZD Champion
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Moe only went on to expand the idea.

In any case, I'm having a hard time believing his soft. Actually, now thst I'm thinking more into it, he could have counterclaimed yesterday but didn't. Plus if his soft were true that'd mean he knew Krow was lying yesterday but saud nothing. So his soft has to be fake, he made an error and we caught him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom