• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia A: Pokémafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazumi

chagy
I definitely agree with Josh. The first NK must have been done by the Vigilante. It makes it seem like the killer was trying to do something good, as was pointed out. The second death also seems like 3rd Party, Silver being a likely candidate (for the character anyway). At least the 3rd Party got some Mafia instead of more town. Also, hooray we took down a Mafia Power Role.

Kybyrian

Baysiderulez is modkilled due to unforeseen circumstances.

Baysiderulez was Chuck, the Bulletproof Town.

Totally Vigilante. "Another chance to free up some of the hell being spread throughout the town" "This guy had managed to evade everybody else during the day, but not him" "He was certain that it was his time to shine" "He was going to put an end to this tyranny"

A more vigilante paragraph has never been written.

The only thing that makes me doubt that it was the Vigilante is the fact that why would the Vigilante be the one to kill the Doctor? It seems like a very strange move for the Vigilante to pull off, since surely he'd want the Doctor to be alive? But your logic for the Vigilante killing the Doctor makes perfect sense, the way that Wyatt has written this night scene makes the killer sound very pro-town, especially with the "He was going to put an end to this tyranny". The Vigilante killing the Doctor also fits in with one theory I have about what occurred during the night.

Wow. If we hadn't figured out Silver was third-party yet, that certainly confirms it. If I remember my old days, Silver only cared about his pokemon's strength, and deeply despised Team Rocket, as his father Giovanni headed it. This guy is the same way, and I'm willing to bet he's head of third-party.

If what I assume is correct, then what happened to the mafia? Either tried to attack someone who couldn't be killed, or got roleblocked? I dunno.

I agree with this, and it lead to my first theory. I believe that the Mafia were the party that never killed anyone last night and my reasoning for this theory is that the Mafia targeted Elfen last night, obviously due to the fact that Elfen had claimed Doctor during the day, and of course the Mafia want the Doctor dead. As the Vigilante had already targeted Elfen already, it would mean that the Mafia's nightkill wouldn't do anything, and therefore they wouldn't have killed anyone. The biggest flaw I've found in this theory is that Wyatt never mentioned anything about another person being involved with Elfen's death other than the Vigilante, like the nightscene in which I was targeted by two different parties on Night 1 of Mafia 1. This flaw also goes for theory that the Roleblocker has roleblocked the Mafia. Therefore I can only assume that Wyatt has skipped including such activity in his night scenes.

Finally, there is also the possibility that the Mafia targeted Jo or a nightkill immune 3rd Party, and thus they never killed anyone due to their targets abilities.

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
Is it just me or did Keyshe show up twice on the last vote count? Here's the final vote counts from the last 2 days. I can't find the final for Day 1, but if I find it, then I will post it. The names with strikes are all of the ones who I know are innocent. Most of them being dead. So far, the only ones who have jumped on the bandwagon for both days are Jo and Josh. I don't have much for evidence other than that. But I'll post some more when I find it.
Yes, yes I did. See I some how started to multiply. It's a good thing I was killed too, as soon you all would have had unlimited numbers of Petrels and I would have beat you all just by outnumbering you.

See it wasn't even a power Ky made for me, I just evolved beyond his game mechanics. The power of Pokemon Mafia can not and will not be contained by some mere game mod.

That or it was a typo. I like my theory better though.

Elfen

Call Me Robbi :D
You people are mean O^O Killing a girl >:/ HMPH The nerve of you people, having the audacity to kill a girl >:/ and a female Nurse >:/

... To bad the BM4 didn't end sooner... I was itching to say, GO LOOK AT BM4. I was Mafia, my play style was WAY different ._. I was dieing to say that.

Kybyrian

iy3ei1.png
Keyshe has overpowered me with her mad mafia skills.

...or I made a typo. You're right, Ninten*, it should have been only 6 votes on Jedizora in the final tally. He would have been lynched regardless, though. Just clearing up that little typo.

Last edited:

Kirino

Tatakae
You people are mean O^O Killing a girl >:/ HMPH The nerve of you people, having the audacity to kill a girl >:/ and a female Nurse >:/

... To bad the BM4 didn't end sooner... I was itching to say, GO LOOK AT BM4. I was Mafia, my play style was WAY different ._. I was dieing to say that.

All the evidence points to the vigilante killing you. Not the Mafia.

green goron

Best of the Gorons
Vote: Josh

Due to this quote...

That is all.

Ky said that Durion is overdue to be scum in that game which makes me believe he's town in this round.

I don't see why the vig would kill Elfen who obviously was our doctor but the way Ky wrote the night scene it makes it look like that happened. As to why the mafia didn't get their kill someone could have been roleblocked, they could have attacked the same person as the vig, or they could have targeted Jo.

Djinn

and Tonic
Ky said that Durion is overdue to be scum in that game which makes me believe he's town in this round.

I don't see why the vig would kill Elfen who obviously was our doctor but the way Ky wrote the night scene it makes it look like that happened. As to why the mafia didn't get their kill someone could have been roleblocked, they could have attacked the same person as the vig, or they could have targeted Jo.

Unless the Vig does not know what roles most people here are, and possibly did not trust Elfen's claim. I honestly did not know what to think of Elfen's claim myself, nor why he claimed it. That could also be the work of a SK who I don't believe would care either way.

Hanyou

didn't build that

I'm pretty sure this is just the sort of evidence that's not permitted in mafia, so be careful. I know it's not being used to prove anyone is mafia, but considering Jo was removed from the game for using similar evidence, it's important to be extra-careful about this kind of thing.

Djinn said:
Unless the Vig does not know what roles most people here are, and possibly did not trust Elfen's claim. I honestly did not know what to think of Elfen's claim myself, nor why he claimed it. That could also be the work of a SK who I don't believe would care either way.

Same here. I had no idea about Elfen, and I think it would be hard to determine from his death just who killed him--it could have been anyone. It's telling that neither of the major suspects this time around were mafia.

green goron

Best of the Gorons
I'm pretty sure this is just the sort of evidence that's not permitted in mafia, so be careful. I know it's not being used to prove anyone is mafia, but considering Jo was removed from the game for using similar evidence, it's important to be extra-careful about this kind of thing.

I have no idea why Jo was mod killed but we are allowed to use other games as references. If I said something that was from outside of a mafia thread then yes it would be but I remember other people using previous games as evidence.

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
I have no idea why Jo was mod killed but we are allowed to use other games as references. If I said something that was from outside of a mafia thread then yes it would be but I remember other people using previous games as evidence.
It's okay to use past games as evidence. Not attempt to use current on-going games to figure out who has what role, that obviously trying to use outside info.

Kirino

Tatakae
Same here. I had no idea about Elfen, and I think it would be hard to determine from his death just who killed him--it could have been anyone.

Uhh... I don't think it could have. Just by reading the paragraph you can tell that it's obviously the vigilante that killed Elfen. There could be a slight chance it's someone else, but I highly doubt it. To quote Josh:

Totally Vigilante. "Another chance to free up some of the hell being spread throughout the town" "This guy had managed to evade everybody else during the day, but not him" "He was certain that it was his time to shine" "He was going to put an end to this tyranny"

A more vigilante paragraph has never been written.

Kybyrian

Day still ain't goin' anywhere, folks. It ends in 4 days and we've got 8 for a majority lynch.

Hanyou

didn't build that
Uhh... I don't think it could have. Just by reading the paragraph you can tell that it's obviously the vigilante that killed Elfen. There could be a slight chance it's someone else, but I highly doubt it. To quote Josh:

You're right. XD I have a habit from past mafia games of at most skimming the death scenes as they rarely contain relevant information--at least in my view. This one's different because we're actually learning about what the roles are from these entries.

I'll keep that in mind for future reference.

What you were doing is substantively exactly the same. The only outside information we are permitted to use is past playstyle, as per this rule:

- Absolutely no use of outside information is permitted. You may use examples of playstyles in past games, but you may not use information from a convo you had in the shoutbox or skype. The "Who's Online" list or other resources are also not permitted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom