• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Lost gaming classics...

Djinn

and Tonic
EJW 3D was really bad. But the reason for this was as far as I know Shiny Entertainment was bought out and the IP just got forgotten in the process. I have not forgotten about it as you can see in my forum avatar.
3D was only kinda sorta in development before I think Rockstar bought out Shiny and the main team in charge was dismissed. It seems that anyone else was just not capable of making another Earthworm Jim game. Or the people they did hire were just not fans. And weird cartoony wacky games were not exactly something Rockstar wants to cultivate as a series anyway so I doubt they care.

Kingwobbly

Kingwu.
How popular was Dragon Quest: Journey of the Cursed King? That was one of my all time favourite games.

Dan

• Rocket Knight Adventures and Sparkster for the Genesis
  • Bubsy
  • Castle of Illusion and World of Illusion for the Genesis
  • Adventure Island series for NES and SNES
  • Eternal Darkness for the GCN

I can actually recall the ads for Billy Hatcher that on the tv, his world always looked very inticing. I enjoyed his tracks and wacky soundtrack in Sega all-stars racing. Although it seems he's getting less exposure now since he wasn't even in the new game, although I think I recall his track still being in the game.

I'm not really sure what games I've played that would qualify for this thread, since so many of the games I've played have been dissected so much by the gaming media. Erm... Dynamite Headdy for the Sega Megadrive?

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
I have a few of hose games, one of which is E.V.O.: Search for Eden (SNES).
this was a pretty great game, yeah. i'd also second Sparkster.

Ultima VII on the PC is one of the finest RPGs (from one of the finest RPG franchises) I've ever played.

Salem

SICK
I can actually recall the ads for Billy Hatcher that on the tv, his world always looked very inticing. I enjoyed his tracks and wacky soundtrack in Sega all-stars racing. Although it seems he's getting less exposure now since he wasn't even in the new game, although I think I recall his track still being in the game.

I'm not really sure what games I've played that would qualify for this thread, since so many of the games I've played have been dissected so much by the gaming media. Erm... Dynamite Headdy for the Sega Megadrive?
I've actually played Dynamite Headdy, I liked it.:)

As for Billy Hatcher, I've heard about it, but I never played it.

prince rallis

I'm a huge metal fan.
Ristar

Ristar is an overlooked Sega Genesis game, but it's amazing the gameplay is slower compared to Sonic, but it works especially since the water sections SPEED UP the gameplay instead of slowing it down like in Sonic, also the game has a lot of charm to it, like the mini boss in world 5 becoming your friend. (also I don't dislike Sonic at all I love sonic 3 & knuckles... I just prefer Ristar.)

SpiteChaotic

The lazy Chaos Bringer
The pokemon trading card game for gameboy. I enjoyed its silly little story. It also was very accurate to the actual card game which took yugioh forever to get right in video games.

Rogue Galaxy for ps2 is a classic for me. It had interesting gameplay and is amazing story. The characters are fantastic.

Reactions: Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom