• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Lost gaming classics...

There are some video games that are advertised as must play titles that, being honest, aren't worth playing...

And then there are some games that see shelf-life for a short period of time with no announcement of their release that very few people will play, but more often than not it is these games that end up being the must plays, the special experiences that we'll never forget....

For me, one such game exists on the Wii, it isn't perfect, i have a list as long as my arms for ways that it could be improved but its something special, something no other game has managed to replicate, something true... sadly its a game few have or will play....

What are your lost gaming classics?

Salem

SICK
  • Rocket Knight Adventures and Sparkster for the Genesis
  • Bubsy
  • Castle of Illusion and World of Illusion for the Genesis
  • Adventure Island series for NES and SNES
  • Eternal Darkness for the GCN

• Rocket Knight Adventures and Sparkster for the Genesis
  • Bubsy
  • Castle of Illusion and World of Illusion for the Genesis
  • Adventure Island series for NES and SNES
  • Eternal Darkness for the GCN
Eternal Darkness was NOT underrated lol. It was one of the most notable games on the GCN because of the M-rating and insanity meter.

The others are well said though.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
Wario Land Shake It
the game gets near zero attention,yet its my favorite sidescrolling platformer on the wii [heck maybe even in general]

by the way,no,im not saying the game is absolute perfection,and it is pretty short,but is definitely an underrated gem i feel

Salem

SICK

Salem

SICK
Even the Metroid Prime series barely broke a million each. Cult classics are games/movies that are poorly reviewed, yet have a strong fan devotion.
"Barely"? It sold two million, it's the 7th best selling GCN game.

Also, cult classic are NOT necessarily poorly reviewed, Earthbound IS a cult-classic, and it had good reviews.

"Barely"? It sold two million, it's the 7th best selling GCN game.

Also, cult classic are NOT necessarily poorly reviewed, Earthbound IS a cult-classic, and it had good reviews.

You're right, my apologies. I only looked at Echoes's sales and assumed it was the same for the other games.

In Earthbound's case, it was because of its lower sales, hence the same small number of vocal fans created.

Djinn

and Tonic
Earthworm Jim series that is just completely dead and forgotten now.

And rolling down the Capcom list of successful series they buried for reasons no one can understand
  • Mega Man
  • Mega Man Legends
  • Breath of Fire
  • Power Stone
  • Onimusha
  • Darkstalkers
then there is..

Wild Arms
Ratchet and Clank
Wario Land/World

Earthworm Jim series that is just completely dead and forgotten now.
EJW 3D was really bad. But the reason for this was as far as I know Shiny Entertainment was bought out and the IP just got forgotten in the process. I have not forgotten about it as you can see in my forum avatar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom