• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Loss Save Data in Zelda

TheWakerofWinds

Beat Minish Cap *___*
Say, you finish a dungeon, and you save and leave. Then, when you turn on your game, the game didnt save and you're right back at the beginning of the dungeon! How would you feel (besides angry) and how would you go about it? Would you wait a while before starting again, or would you charge right through?

If your wondering, yes this did happen to me, in Oracle of the Ages. I finish the second dungeon, save, exit the rom and do something else for a while. When I come back and boot up the game, I'm right in front of the first dungeon again! (done the first dungeon btw) I usually wait a while before tackling the game again, and if it doesnt save too many times, I lose interest entirely and never play it again.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
This happened to me, not really in a dungeon, but the quest to find woodfall temple in MM. It didn't save (it was VC version), but I just charged right through it again.

Makar

I am the wannabe Kokiri!
ARGH! I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL!!! This happened to me yesterday when I was playing Wind Waker, I just completed the tower of the gods (easy but seriously annoying dungeon) and got the heart peice went into the teleport and the game corrupted! ARGH! I still haven't turned it back on. I'm seriously annoyed with the whole series, I felt like boycotting the whole series because Of this!

I wasn't put back to the start of the temple again, I was set back to just after the last dungeon where Makar plays you his song :mad:

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I guess it would depend on how tough the dungeon was. If it were fairly easily, I would just sigh and charge right though. If it was very difficult though, it might take me months to regain the will to attempt it again.

If my save data failed too frequently, though, I would probably try to find a block of time where I could beat the game in one sitting, because I would assume the battery was faulty or something.

Ghosi

Schmetterling
Something similar happened to me. In TP I had finished the Snowpeak Ruins defeated the boss, and when the save was about to come up, my wii could not read the disc so it turned off.

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
Happened to me in Wind Waker. And the thing is, I'm usually pretty good about saving before a big battle, but I'd forgotten this time. I fought Kalle Demos and won and on Link's way to the warp portal, the game completely froze. I was partly completed with the temple because I'd played some of it the night before, so I started up from that point, but I lost some of the maps I'd been collecting. As for my reaction, I got annoyed, turned the game off, did something else...and came back a half-hour later and defeated him again, saving every few minutes, heh. I didn't bother with some of the extras this time, though (which came back to bite me later on.)

Generally, I suppose it would depend on how much I lost, though. Then again, I intentionally did that once in Majora's Mask - quit without saving during a boss battle, which I knew would force me to do the entire cycle over (I'd done a hard save right before entering the dungeon, so none of that would keep.) But it turned out for the better because I was able to get all the stray fairies in one cycle the next time. So if I didn't a lot of info, I...would probably still get annoyed but count it as more practice time. I might drift away if I lost a substantial chunk of data, though.

this happened to me last week. same game almost same spot. got to the 2nd dungeon, my rom crashed and it put me at the end of the first one. been hard to get me to pick it up again

So just hypothetical?

Well, it's never happened to me really, so I can't speak from experience (the only time I've ever had to redo a dungeon was because I ragequit the game because I was actually upset about something else, unrelated to the game itself :xd:).

Seeing as I never have too much trouble with dungeons and that they tend to be one of my favorite things about the game, I wouldn't be that upset as it's fun to play through it. If I was trying to move quickly through the game I would be annoyed, though. Maybe one or two dungeons that actually irritated me, like the City in the Sky from Twilight Princess, might piss me off if I had to redo them. In such a case I might spend my next session with a different game then come back after that. Or maybe go do sidequests. :)

David

But you called me here...
Well, I have the Gamecube port of OoT and my sister was playing it a few months ago. Her memory card lost contact with the chip in the card reader and so when we thought she saved, she didn't. She had completed the entire forest temple and was well into the fire temple. We were both really upset. But being the good older brother that I am, I charged straight through the Forest Temple and charged all the way to the point that she was at in the fire temple.

Kinda happened to me a couple weeks ago. Been on a 100% Twilight princess mission. And I spent about a hour plus doing a lot of little stuff, no dungeon just getting a LOT of small stuff done. Then my power flickered. Lost everything i did. I shut it off and didnt play again for like a week.

oh.....in the original LOZ, I would constantly have my file erase on me right after i finished the 8th dungeon.....i would get so mad....took me forever to beat the game because of that

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
I've never run into a situation like that, but if it were to happen, I'd think I'd probably just get over it. It gives me a chance to remember the dungeon a little bit better. Plus, if I memorized how to do everything to get to the certain point of where I stopped, then it'd be pretty simple to get through. I wouldn't be mad or anything. I'd probably just sigh and say, "Always good to repeat what you've already done."

Dungeons are always fun for this reason. You just want everything to save and you don't want to lose progress that you've made. If it doesn't work out then you're more likely to be a little upset and mad, but you just got to get over it and move on and just repeat everything you did again. Actually, I don't really think that this sounds all that bad, to be honest. It's something that could happen to everyone eventually, which is kind of a good thing.

Master

Upcoming
This Happened To Me In Twilight Princess . When I Was Done With Returning The Light To Kakariko Village , I Saved It , Or At Least I Thought :facepalm: . When I Came Back To It The Other Day , I Was Pretty Pisssed...So I Passed It In Like Five Minutes...:lol:

i don't think i ever had a faulty save, but a while ago, if I was playing games when I wasn't supposed to, I'd have to turn the game off instantly (recent save or not) to avoid getting caught. If i made a lot of progress with out saving i would try to replay it, but halfway through getting to the point I was, i usually get bored and play a different game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom