• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

List of Theories on the Figure from the Trailer

Sage of Darkness

The Different Sage...
I think it might be a possibility that this new guy semm to be Links companion or something, and then later on reveals himself as a minion of the villain.
Or maybe the opposite way. Like he was etrayed by the main villain.
Or (just an idea of course. It would be cool if we did,) he might be young Ganondorf or a friend of him.

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
Ummm...seriously? I mean, I'm not saying you're stupid, or anything, but he was obviously disappearing. Besides, that seems obvious to me that that sequence wasn't actual gameplay, but a teaser of sorts to make us wonder about him. My question is to you, how could you not think he's teleporting/disappearing? I mean, he does it in the exact same way Zant does. Thin out and leave a trail of blocks behind.

I think it was a piece of gameplay- a cutscene- where he activates the statue to attack Link and leaves.

he might be young Ganondorf or a friend of him.

This is just as plausible as the Vaati idea.

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
I think it might be a possibility that this new guy semm to be Links companion or something, and then later on reveals himself as a minion of the villain.

This would be a very nice twist. But dont forget Shadow Reaper, this is a Zelda game, not a work of Hideo Kojima ;)
The thought is nice, but I think this will be a bit too much. The E3 may reveal more.

Jedizora

:right:
Look, what I want is for him/her to be the personaction of the Guilded sword. I want a race of Sword people, a entire Race!

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
But he was directly controlling the statue. There was swirling fog on top of the statue in the battle sequence. I doubt fog would just be there. What they did with him disappearing was obviously to make us think "dark interlopers?"

Yeah, I agree. But his actions make it seem like he activated the statue- and could be remotely manipulating it.

Jedizora

:right:
I'm sorry to tell you that that won't be happening.

What?!? Why? I don't remember Nintendo Debunking it. And The MM Gulided Sword Could have been bulti off a sword of legend. After all, It takes more then a night(Time it took for Sword to be completed) to Build a sword, designing it included. Do you thing they just Hit a piece of metel a few times with hammers?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Yeah, I agree. But his actions make it seem like he activated the statue- and could be remotely manipulating it.

Nah. This is just me, but I don't think that's what it will be at all. Like I said, I don't think what they showed of him was actual gameplay. Zelda tends to end its trailers with non-gameplay stuff. The first SS one did the same thing.

Djinn

and Tonic
However unreliable it may be (of course 4chan is not known as a source for reliable information) I find myself really liking the new rumor behind the pale figure.

Magician from GDC trailer’s name is “Nephiburoo,” he’ll be a part of a group of evil sorcerers who wish to obtain the Triforce.
The concept of a group of magic users that are attempting to take the triforce for themselves sounds incredibly interesting to me. As it does not involve another supervillain or evil king. Figures we have seen enough times in the past. But a cabal of sorcerers plotting to take the triforce, instead the usual monsters, monsterish humanoids, or another demon king. This does remind me of the earlier ideas that the villains would be the dark interlopers, as they were described as a group of magic using people who were trying to obtain the triforce for themselves as well.
"Among those living in the light, interlopers who excelled at magic appeared. Wielding powerful sorcery, they tried to establish dominion over the Sacred Realm." — Lanayru
I believe this description fits perfectly with the rumor, but then again that might have been the inspiration behind a false rumor. The Dark Interloper theory is currently the most popular one. And any leaked info that refers to it would be picked up by many. I still think that this rumor would definitely make for an interesting group of villains. No attempting to unseal some demon, or take over a land out of greed, or any of the other very common Zelda villain plots. But I have always been a fan of character villains with a strong motivation and personality, not just a typical bad guy that only does bad things because they are villains. I believe Malladus and Bellum having almost no personality at all, brought very little to the story and they are quickly forgotten because of it. This new guy in just a few seconds has already intrigued enough people into theorizing on who or what he just might be.

After all that, I still like to believe he is or is somehow connected to the gilded sword. His resemblance cannot just be a simple coincidence, and it is not like we have not seen a sword forged by Zuborah and Guborah appear in another time and dimension already.

Phantom_Ganon_Sword.png

At the same time I would love for Phantom Ganon to be the spirit of this sword as well.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
After all that, I still like to believe he is or is somehow connected to the gilded sword. His resemblance cannot just be a simple coincidence, and it is not like we have not seen a sword forged by Zuborah and Guborah appear in another time and dimension already.

I can pretty much guarantee you that he won't have anything to do with the Guilded Sword, or any kind of "spirit sword" race.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom