• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link's Descendents

AustinFox33

The Last Kilgannon
So each princess Zelda in every game is a direct descendent of another princess Zelda along the timeline. But what about Link? Do you think each Link is a descendent of another, or just a random person chosen by the goddesses to become the hero?

T

Tekniko

This is a pointless debate. We have, at least none that I can recall, no proof or any mention of Link's family line.

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
This is a pointless debate. We have, at least none that I can recall, no proof or any mention of Link's family line.

I dont think so, because there is plenty of room to debate this. Don't shoot down someone's question because you think there is an automatic answer.

@AustinFox33: It is true that every first female in Zelda's family is well....a Zelda. As for Link think of it this way. In times where the Goddesses feel there is a need for a Hero to arise, a "Link" is reincarnated. I believe that many of the games take place centuries apart from each other, but I DO believe that mostly every Link is an ancestor of the original (except for Wind Waker Link as he is stated to be just a reincarnation of the Hero of Time with no connection). To add to my theory, there may not be a Link for centuries at a time, but that also doesnt mean that they are not somehow connected. I hope this helped

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I dont think so, because there is plenty of room to debate this. Don't shoot down someone's question because you think there is an automatic answer.

@AustinFox33: It is true that every first female in Zelda's family is well....a Zelda. As for Link think of it this way. In times where the Goddesses feel there is a need for a Hero to arise, a "Link" is reincarnated. I believe that many of the games take place centuries apart from each other, but I DO believe that mostly every Link is an ancestor of the original (except for Wind Waker Link as he is stated to be just a reincarnation of the Hero of Time with no connection). To add to my theory, there may not be a Link for centuries at a time, but that also doesnt mean that they are not somehow connected. I hope this helped

Great explanation! That's exactly what I think except I can't verbalize it nearly as well as you!

Garo

Boy Wonder
If the Twilight Princess Link is a descendant of the Ocarina of Time Link, then clearly Link has to return to Hyrule sometime after Majora's Mask. Did he ever find Navi I wonder?

Do I see a sequel? Yes, yes I do.

C

coolperson135

i think that OOT's link married Malon. Think of it this way, TP's Link is a works on a farm in a forest. Malon too works on a farm, while Link comes from the Kokiri forest. TP's link also has darker hair than OOT's link, meaning somewhere along the line, someone with darker hair came in (who i believe to be malon). Of course, this is just all speculation.

I think all Link are related to each other be they ancestors, descendants, or reincarnation just like why there are that many Princess Zelda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom