• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds Link's Bracelet

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
This may seem to be a more minor detail compared to some details that have been revealed, but take a look at Link's new design:

Screen Shot 2013-08-07 at 4.38.16 PM.jpg

Link can be seen wearing a gold bracelet with some sort of pink gem on it. The previous Link design also had a gold bracelet with a gem (originally green) on his left arm as well:

Screen Shot 2013-08-10 at 10.52.35 AM.jpg

What could this be? In the new design it stands out much more so I'm beginning to believe this bracelet has some importance. Correct me if I'm wrong, but power bracelets normally come in pairs don't they? Could the bracelet relate to his method of travel between the two worlds? What do you think?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
That's likely the thing that allows him to go drawing mode, eh? Nothing has been stated regarding the thing. But I think that's our best bet: the bracelet allowing him to go drawingmode.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Maybe there's no meaning behind it, and it's just some bling to make Link look good. He's a fashionable guy, why not eh? If not that though, considering it's in promotional material it's an important item and so the logical conclusion would be the drawing thing.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Totally called this by the way ;) --> Here

I think it's odd that they changed the original concept art but straight away I noticed that the bracelet was now present on the drawing as well, also the fact that the jewel was now purple not green. Well if we think about it, what was green before? The magic/ammo meter was green beforehand, this concept art might have been an early one thus why they changed it. It's also important to note that the meter is now purple -- as is the jewel on the bracelet -- coincidence maybe?

I think that this bracelet is actually an important item, the fact that it is included in the concept art along side the Master Sword and Hylian Shield definitely makes it key in my opinion. Now since the drawing mechanic seems to play a part in this game, I would think that this bracelet is linked into it somehow. If you analyse the trailers you would notice that using the mechanic actually drains the meter - which I think is linked into the bracelet due to wait I mentioned above.

Last edited:
I'm more curious about its relation to the Item Meter.

You'll notice that as the meter went from green to purple in the demos, as did the color of the gem on the bracelet in the artworks. Very curious.

Edit: justac00lguy already pointed this out, but I was lame and didn't read it till now. Still... Very curious indeed.

Last edited:

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
I'm more curious about its relation to the Item Meter.

You'll notice that as the meter went from green to purple in the demos, as did the color of the gem on the bracelet in the artworks. Very curious.

That could be possible but I think that what it's mostly for is to allow Link to become Wall Link but with addition of giving Link magical powers to use his items with. So that basically makes more of a special form of magical stamina bar rather than normal stamina hence why it's a different color than usual. It all from that bracelet, it seems be some sort of magical bracelet.

Fig

The Altruist
I think the bracelet allows Link to be able to switch from the 2D and 3D material planes. Also when it comes to the redesign of Link for A Link Between Worlds, I actually like the second design over the first. Something about that redesign makes it seem to appreciate Link how he will be in the game. Maybe it's because he looks different from the Link from A Link to the past and appears more kiddish, similar to what Nintendo when going from Link of Ocarina of Time to Link of The Wind Waker. Either way, I can't wait to play A Link Between Worlds this upcoming fall! :3

ILU

i luv u
i don't see how a bracelet could relate to stamina unless it gives him more. it's safest to say that its either a power bracelet or correlates with the painting mode.
Pretty sure it's what lets him go into doodle-mode, like how the Minish Cap lets him go into Tiny Mode. Same idea, I'm sure.

In regards to the redesign of the official art, I think it's blah. The ALttP revamped style was perf, and this newer ones just looks like OoT Child Link with an ALttP/Oracles Link wig on. He looks dopey.

Totally called this by the way ;) --> Here

I think it's odd that they changed the original concept art but straight away I noticed that the bracelet was now present on the drawing as well, also the fact that the jewel was now purple not green. Well if we think about it, what was green before? The magic/ammo meter was green beforehand, this concept art might have been an early one thus why they changed it. It's also important to note that the meter is now purple -- as is the jewel on the bracelet -- coincidence maybe?

I think that this bracelet is actually an important item, the fact that it is included in the concept art along side the Master Sword and Hylian Shield definitely makes it key in my opinion. Now since the drawing mechanic seems to play a part in this game, I would think that this bracelet is linked into it somehow. If you analyse the trailers you would notice that using the mechanic actually drains the meter - which I think is linked into the bracelet due to wait I mentioned above.
I think Justa nailed it here. ^

I think it's unquestionable that this item will tie into turning into a drawing since it's a focal item that's been made into part of Link's character design for the game's very concept artwork, and that's clearly the focal mechanic of this game. Likely this bracelet is the literal "link between worlds", at least if anything specific in the game is going to embody that link.

But I also agree that the color, and most importantly the color change, is way too important to ignore, and it clearly matches up with the item meter as Justa stated. I suspect that Link's item meter and the ability to turn into a drawing (which also consumes this meter) are in fact linked, and acquired at the same time when Link acquires this bracelet. This would work fine, since apparently all of the main items are going to be acquired in that mysterious new shop in the Dark World anyway, and you need to turn into a drawing to get there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom