• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Links Awakening remake

Hope the image is working, it's a screenshot I got sent to me.

A friend of mine is working on this fan-game Project.

So, the only question I have is:

Would/will a remake of Link's Awakening With
more fancy Graphics be super awesome?

It's one of my fave Zelda games, so I'm super hyped for this.
But, what do you guys think?

Iridescence

Emancipated Wind Fish
to be honest, mixing different totally unrelated art styles together would break player immersion but it would be interesting

Djinn

and Tonic
Normally when you have realistic backgrounds with sprite characters it gets really confusing when you cannot tell where you can and cannot walk. At least that is a common issue I have seen but not many games have tried it. Or are you guys going to change the character sprites too in the future?

I'm not a part of the project, just my friend. :)

But, I see the points made about the art style clash/crash and agree it could be weird.

Don't think it would stop me from enjoying it too much tho' :D

Link's Awakening IS my favourite game of all time, but I'm not sure I would want a remake. It would be pretty cool to have a game done using some of the ideas from LA though, with revamped graphics.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
You friend's idea of fancy graphics seems to he boring, gritty and ugly. The world of Link's Awakening is not a dark one, but rather one that is full of life and colour. From the image, all I can say is that the art style is grossly innapropriate and unfitting.

Anyways, enough commentary on the image. I feel that a remake of Link's Awakening is unnecessary. The game has aged rather well despite being on the GBC, and Link's Awakening is already on the 3DS and Wii U Virtual Console. There are better things to be done than a Link's Awakening remake.

Isaac

Doesn't have internet
You friend's idea of fancy graphics seems to he boring, gritty and ugly. The world of Link's Awakening is not a dark one, but rather one that is full of life and colour. From the image, all I can say is that the art style is grossly innapropriate and unfitting.

Anyways, enough commentary on the image. I feel that a remake of Link's Awakening is unnecessary. The game has aged rather well despite being on the GBC, and Link's Awakening is already on the 3DS and Wii U Virtual Console. There are better things to be done than a Link's Awakening remake.

It is on the virtual console, but that doesn't mean it doesn't deserve a remake. I mean, Ocarina is getting a remake and it was on the Wii Virtual console.

Ok now I see the image and no offense but no! It just looks so wrong. Link's Awakening DX is a very pretty game all on its own, it doesn't need tweaks. Its fine just as it is.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
Link's Awakening is a game that really worked for its time. Yes, the game was in black and white due to the technical limitations of the Gameboy, but the monochromatic visuals truly added to the sense of being in a dream. The color dungeon in DX was a nice addition, even if it did take away from the original game's atmosphere. Having that version available to newer players on the 3DS eShop is sufficient for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom