• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Link/Zelda Relationship Discussion

Well, there is a lot of hinting of Link and Zelda being more than friends in this game. Thought it would be good to discuss the evidence, and allow people to refute it. I'm sure the Link/item-check-girl shippers totally don't see Zelda as more than a friend to Link.

I'll start with two of the more obvious ones:
Link and Zelda are clearly very close. Zelda doesn't seem to want to do anything without Link there with her, or have Link do anything on his own. There is such close attachment between them.
Link's immediate acceptance of the mission Fi has for him once he knows Zelda is involved. Once she mentions Zelda, it's quite clear that's all she needs to say. He just does it so that he can find Zelda, not caring what trouble he might find himself in.

S

SS,OoT,WW,TP

Yes I totally agree with this, and this makes me think of OoX, because in the end zelda kisses link!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Well, let's jump right to the cake, forget the ingredients or the oven:

LinkxZelda was clearly defined right when she locked herself in that silly little crystal. Despite her still being useless, Zelda did deliver the touching line "I'm still your Zelda...So I'm going to ask you a favor, sleepyhead. Ever since we were kids, I'd always be the one to wake you up when you slept in. But this time, when all of this is over, will you come to wake me up?". If that isn't ZeLink, I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS. It makes people cry, hell it even made Link cry (or, we can assume he did).

They were so close in this game that I was shocked there was no kiss at the end! Or even a hug! Hell Zelda gave Impa more attention at the end. xD

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
I'm very happy with Link and Zelda's relationship in the game. I've always wanted to see a Zelda game where they were in love. I love how it's so obvious that Zelda is going to ask Link out just before she gets captured by the tornado. I'm really glad Nintendo decided to go down this route.

Peatrice, the girl who stores your items at the bank. She has crush on Link all because he was the only one who actually visits her place. It's part of a side-quest for Graditude Crystals, Link can either turn her down or accepts her offer and in return, get 5 crystals. But considering that Link shows more emotions to Zelda and the fact that he stays in Hyrule, this is a one-side romance.

By far, Skyward Sword has the most Zelink relationship in any Zelda games, even moreso than Spirit Tracks. I love this romance they had and I want to see more of their relationship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom