• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link is THE REAL BAD GUY!!!

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
OKay so this thread is sort of related to one I posted some days ago (Ganon had Mercy) but this is other moment i think that he was kinda good, but in this case i think Link was the bad Guy.

In WW Ganon says to Link "Do not fear i dont want to hurt you". He just wanted to bring Hyrule back, we know that, but if he didnt want to hurt Link (and Zelda i guess) how can he be possibly an evil king (he did not hurt his mortal enemy)

And Daphness Nohasen Hyrule wanted Hyrule to let it rot in the depht of the ocean, (Are you Freaking Serious!), for no special reason.

SOOO who is THE BAD GUY NOW!!!

EDIT: I see most of you disagree with me, so if he was the bad guy, why would he leave Zelda sleep (totally vulnerable) in front of him while she has the Triforce he needs. Compassion is the answer. Ganon made Zelda fall asleep to take her, when she wakes up she is going to talk to her about bringing the kingdom back. SOOOO DAPHNES IS THE KING OF EVIL that only cares for Hyrule (the land) not that people.

Last edited:
K

Kira

That or he just said that to Link in order to throw him off, and I think the punch he gave to him soon after that speech contradicts his words.

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
Ganondorf tried to kill Link in tWW, he had the Helmrock King throw Link into the GReat Sea but the king of Red Lions saved him.

N

nintendolovebug

ya!!! he is not bad!! if he was bad why go through the trouble of saving them!!!

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
To be fair in Wind Waker all Link really wanted to do was save his sister who got mistaken for Tetra.

So is the bad guy the one who wanted to revive Hyrule, the boy who was led on a quest diverted from saving his sister... or the King who sunk Hyrule to ensure Ganon would never get his hands on it? ;)

Maybe the whole game is a tragic tale of misunderstanding.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
I think he was saying he won't hurt Link and Zelda just to bring their guard down. Then kill them or something. ALSO, he destroyed an entire island!!! Ganon is the bad guy. Not Link.

Majora's Cat

How about that
Link IS the bad guy! He kills so many innocent stalchildren and other various enemies in the game! Why must so many octorocks be slain???

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Considering the fact that Ganondorf went and nearly beat Link to death right before picking him up to remove the Triforce, I'm pretty sure he said that mockingly.

In regards to Ganondorf wanting to bring back Hyrule and the King wanting to sink it, there's a very logical explanation for that. Ganondorf is evil, that has been established in OoT, and OoT Ganondorf is the same as WW Ganondorf. He claims he coveted the prosperous wind of Hyrule, wanting a better life for his people. Glorious as that is, the Gerudo race appears to be dead in WW, so that particular excuse for reviving Hyrule really doesn't hold much water. I interpreted his statement as his inner greed and lust for power and wealth, and a desire to extend his rule to a prosperous land he could exploit. Hyrule fits that bill, the Desert Wasteland does not. He wanted Hyrule so he could take advantage of its resources. We saw from OoT that he really didn't care much for his subjects.

Why did Daphnes want to sink Hyrule? To stop Ganondorf from corrupting it for one. Keep in mind Daphnes was a spirit of regret tied to Old Hyrule, you can't blame the man for wanting some eternal peace, obtainable only by washing away his old regrets (and thus Hyrule itself). Besides, Old Hyrule was dead anyways, and Daphnes specifically told Link and Tetra to find a New Hyrule and build their own brighter future untainted by the bloodshed of Old Hyrule's past. I thought it was pretty noble of him to make such a sacrifice for the good of the new generation.

Of course, we could do some reverse psychology here and pin Link as the villain if we really wanted to, it's not too hard actually. However, I highly doubt that was the intended message of the ending flood scene, so I won't go into that.

On a random side note, I'm getting the oddest feeling of dejavu. I feel like I've written this exact argument before in a really old thread >_>

Kybyrian

Ganondorf obviously kidnapped all of the pointy-eared girls in Hyrule because he was looking for Princess Zelda. Once he found Princess Zelda he planned to use her to take over Hyrule. He was going to bring Hyrule Castle back up to the surface, yes, but he was also going to fill it with his evil beings and take over the rest of the land of Hyrule. Link put a stop to this. Anything Ganondorf says can be taken with a grain of salt, too. When he said he didn't want to hurt Link he was obviously not telling the truth. He might not have directly hurt him, but let me just tell you that his life would not have been good. The lives of the many other people in Hyrule would not have been good, either.
Ganondorf is the bad guy here, not Link. Most of the games in the series are based around a hero named Link who puts a stop to the evil Ganondorf who tries to control all of Hyrule. I believe in only one Ganondorf, and I fail to see how a man so evil in the past would suddenly try to turn good by sending out monsters all over Hyrule and then attempting to kidnap Princess Zelda. It just doesn't make any sense, and we know that his intentions were evil anyway. You argue that he was good in The Wind Waker, but how do you explain the other instances of Ganondorf's appearance?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
This is a pretty good thread, although Link isn't the real bad guy. Turns out that it is the King. Ganondorf, after being trapped in the Sacred Realm for X years, only wanted to save the Gerudo race from certain doom (which they faced?). Link only wants his sister to be safe, that's what he set out for in the first place. When the boat (the King) picked him up, he said something along the lines of "Will you do anything to save her?", implying that Link could quite possibly find his sister without the Master Sword, the Pearls, or those other items that he had with him after the Forsaken Fortress. I know that many of you will disagree with this post, but it is so clear that the King is the real villain of the game, which might actually be the reason why he let himself drown in the end. Thoughts?

Kirino

Tatakae
Well,at first Ganondorf just wanted to revive Hyrule,but then he became crazy with power and wanted to rule Hyrule.Also,Ganondorf said "Do not worry,I will not kill you"He never said anything about multiple face punches.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
It would be easy to interpret the King as the bad guy, but not Link. Link most likely would have found a way to save Hyrule by reclaiming from Ganon if necessary. He wouldn't have drowned it, I don't think.

The King's motive could be interpreted as revenge, because it's possible that Ganon could never have broken free of his prison if the Master Sword hadn't been pulled. His power might have remained limited to the Forsaken Fortress and creating a few storms. It might have been better if he had just helped Link save his sister.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom