• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Light Spirit Eldin

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
I'm currently replaying Twilight Princess, and I'm currently in Kakariko. And is it just me, or does Eldin look a lot like a white owl wearing what seems to be Majora's Mask? I can't find a good picture of him online, and I can't make screenshots of my own, but the similarity is uncanny. Do you guys think there are any ties between Eldin and one of the owls from previous Zelda games (Link's Awakening, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask)? Or is Eldin the Hyrule counterpart to Termina's Majora?

Peace Of Heart

Piece of Heart Collector
I remember thinking the same thing when I first saw Eldin myself. I always assumed that it was the same owl, transformed into a light spirit as his reward for his services in OoT and maybe further down in time.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I also can't find a good picture so I don't remember exactly what his face looks like. I do remember that the owl statues' (the ones you use the Dominion Rod on) faces looked like Majora's Mask. Does his face look like those owls? I'm fairly certain it's not KG though.

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
I haven't reached the owl statues yet (except for the one in the basement, and that one has the metal bar in front of it), but the huge statue in Renado's cabin (which you have to move by lighting the torches in the room) looks just like Eldin.

Ghosi

Schmetterling
I remember thinking that of Eldin, but before that I only saw a screenshot of the head and thought it was a jaguar.... I do not know why.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
I don't think there is any relationship, as there has been nothing beyond aesthetic similarities to reinforce this notion. Eldin has nothing to do with any of the other owls in the series, nor anything to do with Majora. I think the only reason Eldin bears any resemblance to Majora is because Majora's Mask itself looks somewhat like an owl's face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom