• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Life to Temple Ratio

skybird11

state alchemist
its been said that the sky temple is the first temple in the whole game right? well from videos and pics we can see link has 6 or 8 hearts. so going off that, this temple blurred with th world thing must be real good. also there must be a lot done in skyloft to get that many hearts

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
Actually, the life is just bumped up a lot for the demo so it's not as hard for people to die. That's why they have unlimited ammunition and stuff.

skybird11

state alchemist
i thought about that possibility. but those people still looked like they had a lot of trouble with the stalfos and girahim. but ya, bumped up health for a demo seems more logical

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Yeah, if they gave those noob gaming insiders the equipment that you'd have by the fist dungeon, I don't think they'd get anywere... You know people managed to die, even with like 7 hearts, 4 red potions and a fairy?

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
Yeah, if they gave those noob gaming insiders the equipment that you'd have by the fist dungeon, I don't think they'd get anywere... You know people managed to die, even with like 7 hearts, 4 red potions and a fairy?

Totally, because from some of the demos ive watched, the players are STILL going in just flailing and not using strategy. I dont think I've seen a demo where the player ACTUALLY makes full use of his shield LOL. All in all, im expecting a GREAT challenge within this game

Sgt. Backwash

JEALOUSY
Yeah, for whatever reason the people who were lucky enough to play this game at E3 were really freakishly terrible.

Like in the IGN videos people just waggled the remote all over the place with no rhyme or reason and got their asses handed to them. And the guy who played it in the recent GamePro video almost never used Z-targeting.

EDIT: Correction: in the demo Link has 8 hearts. And they still managed to die.

Last edited:
I've also noticed that all of these journalists are terrible. I remember at GDC in March, one guy playing OoT3D managed to die against Ghoma without even fighting her, just the babies. Why do these people get to play these games if they're so terrible? Also, how do they review games if they're this bad?

MattWalker

Windfall Walker
Yeah, it seems it was set up for Demo purposes; thought I've never been to one like E3, I'm pretty sure you have a play time limit. They want you to get a taste for a game, so they probably want you to stay alive long enough to experience it. ;)

Ghirahim

Demon Lord
I've noticed too that, if it is the first dungeon, it again has a foresty feel to it. I know it's not called the Forest temple, but you can see the mushroom things, a lot of green coloring, and even the green vines we saw Link grabbing onto during one of the demos.

I've noticed too that, if it is the first dungeon, it again has a foresty feel to it. I know it's not called the Forest temple, but you can see the mushroom things, a lot of green coloring, and even the green vines we saw Link grabbing onto during one of the demos.
Yes, and assuming you've played/beat TP, doesn't Sky Temple look like some areas of Sacred Grove, which in retrospect, kind of look a lot like old ruins?;)

EDIT: Also, couldn't the amount of hearts (perhaps not in this case) be considered spoilers in certain demos, previews, and clips, when you think about it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom