• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Let's try this: Metroid Section

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
I remember a while ago that people seemed pretty in favour of having a section dedicated to Metroid. Metroid is a fairly popular series, and it's a Nintendo series to boot. Many Metroid games are available on the Wii U and 3DS Virtual Consoles, so maybe this section could also help influence people to try the Metroid games. What are your thought on this one?

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
My only real problem is that no Metroid game has come out recently and as far I know there haven't been any announcements of any more coming out. I have the feeling that the section would die off immediately. Maybe somebody could make a few threads about Metroid in the General Gaming Section instead.

Djinn

and Tonic
What does this have to do with the thread? This thread is about a Metroid section not a site.
...it reminded me of bad blood from years past.

Anyway, how many Metroid based discussions do we even have around here on average, to the point where a section would be necessary? Apart from the obvious timelines of course.

I guess the lore is interesting. It is another one of those series where the backstory info can be more interesting than the recent sequels.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
It was interesting idea thrown around a while back, but is the demand really there? I hardly ever see any Metroid topics to warrant an entire section. That being said though, if there is demand for a new section, solely dedicated to a series, then maybe we should see what game the general forum has a collective interest in.

The problem is even our Pokemon section is barely active. We've added new series before and it just doesn't garner much attention. If the forums were bigger and more active then, maybe. We have had new members and it seems more active so maybe if we keep growing we can revisit the idea in the future, now though? I'd just have to say no.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Wait isn't metroid like der guy in the gun thingy?

That people is what it would likely be like or people asking if Samus is really a chick. Meh. Also anyone else want their own pet Metroid?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Like Seth said, new sections don't get much attention. What's worse, though, is the suggestion of a Metroid section. That series is not very popular at all. Nintendo themselves don't give the series much love. I think that adding a Metroid section would be as dull as the Science and Technology section.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
It was interesting idea thrown around a while back, but is the demand really there? I hardly ever see any Metroid topics to warrant an entire section. That being said though, if there is demand for a new section, solely dedicated to a series, then maybe we should see what game the general forum has a collective interest in.

I'd agree with JC we should try and figure out what game the majority of us are interested in, besides zelda and pokemon of course. Maybe set up a poll?

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Honestly, I think there will be less activity in a Metroid section than in World of Darksiders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom