• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art Let's Create Our Own Backstories

Jetter

Type to myself in silence
Hello. It's me... Jetter... I haven't been here in ages, and this is just one of my random trips. I came up with an idea and thought I would share. So against my rambling I present you with the thread for creating backstories of that one character you never really new or may have met in a Zelda game. Essentially, choose a character that you had to do a quest for and write a backstory for him/her. In my example story I chose to write about the Guard's son, the father being the guard at the foothill's gate in Kakariko Village. bleh... I always must explain things with a mouthful of words... And so, I hope you enjoy this quite short-short story (only three paragraphs...) Oh and this story is just one to start many others. I want everyone to participate in it, so we can see what others think about what happened to people or who they were. Thank you...

I stared down the aisle of the dark corridor, realizing that my fate may be quick if I were to take another step. While I was in that trance I could hardly breathe, feeling the pressure of death releasing itself upon me. I quickly fell back as I tried not to move anyway forward. I found myself to be in the lost woods of the forgotten forest. Just to point out some things to you. I came here to find out what happened to someone that I admire and who all of us should in Hyrule. His name is Link and is known with the title of The Hero of Time. I am not related to him, but I have a connection that I thank my father for. When I was no older than six years old, I asked my father to buy me a Keaton mask.

At the time, my father was a guard working for the new town of Kakariko. He was posted on the gate to the Death Mountain Trail. I was always at home in Castle town, nothing to do. I would read stories about the yellow foxes that stealthily pranced around in bush circles. They would sometimes play tricks on travelers passing by, but in the end, the traveler would always become a little wiser. I found that they brought fun into the barren highways of Hyrule. If I could choose to do such a service, I would. According to the tales of the Keaton, a person could only summon one (without the Keaton’s intent of meeting the person) was to wear a mask resembling it’s face. As these stories were popular in my childhood, there should be someone who carved such masks. Indeed there was. A new shop had opened and from the advertisements I saw, I immediately picked out the Keaton’s mask. My father was fair and controlled the family fund. I begged him to purchase the Keaton mask for me, but he always said he never had the time.

But one day, my father said that a small boy who appeared to be from the forest came to him with a letter from the princess herself. The letter stated that my father should let the boy, named Link, through to the mountain trail. Being a clever man, my father told Link that he should purchase a mask for his little boy and would pay him the amount back. Link did so and I received my mask. My happiness was raised so much and I couldn’t wait to try it out. My mother even took me out one day to the field by Lon Lon Ranch. It was a long walk there, but when we made it, I began immediately to test it on the nearest bush circle. Ever since then I have admired the Hero, Link as a savior for my profession today and the reason I am so happy.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
...So you want us to take an obscure character and write about them? Okay, I'll give it a shot. I pick...Link's loftwing from SS.
-----
I always had a feeling my rider was special.

The feeling started the day I met him, when my parents pushed me and my brother out of the nest and sent us to meet our human companions. When we got there, my brother immediately bonded with a yellow haired female. I picked the male beside her. He jumped on my back and took off like he'd been flying his whole life. This was...different than I'd expected. My mother had said: "Don't fly too fast at first, humans are helpless in the air. If they fall off, they drop like rocks." But he never did, no matter how fast or wild I got.

Years passed. Our riders continued to be close friends, you would never see one without the other. On a day I now call one of the worst days of my life, I woke up in a cage. My rider got me out in time for the big flying show, but then there was a big tornado and my brother and his rider vanished. I admit, I panicked a bit...I still don't know how I ended up in that cage, or how my rider found our lost friends, or why it took him as long as it did. All I know is, I knew there was something special about him.

The humans seem to respect him now, a lot. I think he's a leader of some sort...my brother's rider seems to hold the same rank. And they're mates now! I knew there was more than just friendship there. But that hatchling of theirs...I have NEVER heard anything scream that loud. Ugh. But it's cute, in a freaky sort of way.

This new home is nice, lots of places to perch and rest. Lots of room to fly too. I have a feeling the future is bright.
----
Turned out pretty interesting, if I do say so myself :) Yours is good too.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
If it counts, I once wrote a full fan fiction about a random Twilight Princess-era Royal Guard. You know, one of those guys who patrol in formation around Castle Town that you sometimes have to avoid when walking there and who will go all shivering with their poleaxes pointed at you if you enter town in wolf-form. I attempted to write something explaining / justiflying just why those mighty men might be so cowardly. Yep, it's a horror fic.

Passage

Enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom