• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Last person to post wins

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
I apologized so much for the past summer, I said sorry over and over and I try so hard, I sat alone in the car back in April and cried and cried and cried because I failed and I acted irrationally, impulsively, and hurt one of my dearest friends, frax, but nothing I ever do has made it better, I'm never enough and my self esteem has plummeted so low

I tried so hard
I wanted that post to be a good entryway back to posting
I'm so embarrassed I got it wrong

Nothing I'll ever do will ever be enough for anyone

Even my strongest efforts are a disappointment

I didn't even see the main bad post he deleted, but everything else combined has shaken me up so bad.

I wish I never posted it. It caused frax to leave when he needs everyone here for support, it caused you all to start arguing

I just want to be someone that makes people happy, I caused something terrible.

I'm so insecure over my writing, this has made it worse...

I don't think I can talk much with anyone for now...

love you mightymario, this energy isn't directed at you, or at anyone really, just myself...
You can't control how people are going to react to what you say, even if what you said was entirely benign. One of the biggest lessons I learned in therapy.

Honestly, the only thing you really can control is yourself, your thoughts, your feelings, your reactions, and your decisions. This is the core of self-improvement.

Remember the Circle of Control and Influence? Only at the core of it are things we can directly control. A little outside of that are things we can influence, but have no direct control over the outcomes, and at the outer edges are things we have no control or influence over, whatsoever.

That includes how people are going to see you, how people are going to react to you and what you say, and stuff like that.

A lot of anxiety is caused by worrying about other people's business rather than worrying about your own business.

In your previous post, I said it's time to start being your own advocate. This is what I meant, if you can't be an advocate for yourself, you can't expect others to advocate for you, and the only way to improve your mental health is to start being your own advocate.

I understand this is the hardest thing to do for most people, but it's crucial.

MightyMario

The Mightiest Mario
I realize I may have gone a bit overboard and overreacted, and for that I wish to apologize to @Link&Midna. I didn’t realize the whole story then and it’s my fault to begin with by calling you out, which ended up sparking the argument in SB.

I’m sorry I said we weren’t friends anymore, I still want to be your friend. I still want Frax and Echo be my friends and for them to be friends with each other.

I feel absolutely terrible that I accused you of guilt tripping Frax. Please dig deep into your heart and forgive me.

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
pKadRDmk_WQZ5TIJ03LSsMyhqSq2OlKqE7rUbJO11wZ9PIriOnLnGh_sX6fGXUrN5ASlWRE7f8PovQ=s694-c-fcrop64=1,04c50000fb85ffff-nd-v1

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Champion
Also, I meant to check back with you on this, how'd it go?
I actually appreciate you asking me about this.

Overall, it was an alright meet. There were tons of different high schools there. I got a PR (Personal Record) for the course, but I didn't PR overall. The course was mighty hilly for a Florida course, so that was a huge factor on my finishing time. All in all, I am satisfied with my performance.

We actually have our home meet tomorrow and then we go to another meet on Saturday, so 3 meets in 7 days. For our home meet, I plan on rockin' & rollin' and shave some major time off of my PR. The course is flat, I know the course really well, I have to beat some people, and it's our home meet so I gotta perform and represent my school, so I gotta lot of motivation. I am literally pumped for tomorrow.

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Champion
OOF, lotta stuff happened here recently, really really really unfortunate what happened to Frax. Just finished reading up on all posts, while tryin' to remember the deleted ones. Hopefully Frax gets better soon and may consider coming back.

On the other hand, does anyone know how Echo is doin'?

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
I don't get why people are sympathizing with frax over this lol, he was practically baiting with those remarks. As for echo, we haven't spoken but I'm assuming she's not very well right now.

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Champion
What I am saying is that if someone is in a rough spot in life, I wouldnt want me or anyone to make their situation worse. I agree with you that his actions and words were very bad, but many people are just saying that maybe a different approach, still effective and telling Frax that he is in the wrong but in a calm and understanding way, to the situation would have made a better outcome.

I think that he was already on edge and that he had a lot of different emotions boiling in him for a long time, so he took it out on someone else and he mentally ''broke''.

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
You're new here, this happens with frax periodically, and multiple times before it's targeted Echo specifically. I started out not really wanting to make it a thing, but I was still polite enough until he started trying to act like the victim. But frankly, I'm tired of sugarcoating things like this, better to just rip the damn bandaid off. If this had been an isolated incident my reaction would likely have been different.

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Champion
Okay, I understand your point of view much better now. The Frax situation should have been dealt with long ago. It shouldnt have come to this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom