• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Last person to post wins

Chevywolf:30

The one and only.
Man I used to draw canine bodies so much better. Like, this isn't great, but it's better than the one I just did. Faces/heads used to be a struggle for me, but I was really pleased with how well I did the one for Ketchup tonght, so it's a weird tradeoff.
20210521-194359.jpg

Link&Midna

Thug Lyfe
ZD Champion
Might be due in part to the wolf body type being easier to draw in general, theyre kind of big and fluffy while dogs are more slim, so with dogs you have to pay more attention to the proportions. I see a LOT of artists that specialize in wolves really struggle to get the proportions of a dog right, while the opposite is never true for dog artists (I actually avoid commissioning artists that only have wolves in their gallery for this reason). Between those two drawings the only thing I'd say that is noticeably better on Link is the curvature of the hind legs, but again that could be chalked up to wolf anatomy. The faces are where you can really see the improvement though.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Top Bottom